Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:47 am

Jaq's first thought is to pull his cloak hood up over his head and then move, move, move. He grabs his bow and then he will move south about 20 feet or so he thinks, and then he will change and move west. He will use dash if he needs to, to get out of the darkness. As soon as he is out of the darkness he will use what movement he has to try to find something to hide behind or have cover.
He will then use his cunning action to hide.
Stealth with advantage from cloak: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [20, 12]+11 = 31
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:50 am

Kroshav keeps his sword and shield beside him when he sleeps, so grabs those and stumbles out of the tent into the dark, strapping his shield on as he calls out to Ealu.

<What's going on? Are you and Charlie alright?>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:08 am

Jaq pops out of the darkness and looks around before moving to hide beside Dama and Jolly's tent. In his dash he sees Dama facing to the north east, bow ready. He sees Indra facing directly east but doesn't see their targets.

Kroshav stands and is surrounded by darkness and mentally calls to Eula who responds,

<Kroshav! You're okay! There was a boom and a flash and then you were gone! There is a big black cloud over where you were and Charlie wants to run away! The black cloud is...wrong.>

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:27 am

<I'm coming to you! Charlie can go somewhere safe, we're gonna help our friends!>

<Sword, we might have some work to do, you ready?>

He'll head towards Ealu, since it seems she's not in the dark.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:28 am

<Where is safe? The forest?>

The sword sends a wave of eager happiness in response.

Kroshav pops out of the darkness after struggling through something cold, wet and grasping. Unfortunately it is almost just as dark to him outside. He is pretty sure he can see the horses a short ways off to the north and there is something moving to east by a nearly out fire but he can't make it out.

((Still have your action a 5' of movement.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:56 am

<I don't know, but probably where there isn't screaming and yelling?>

((Action was putting on shield, but he'll move towards the east, waving to Ealu.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:10 pm

((Missed that, yep no action left. Bonus actions?))

<Okay, forest a little then. I will stay close.>

A horse whickers nearby confirming Kroshav's guess as Celus bursts out of the greater darkness next to the dragonborn. The half elf is breathing hard and notes Kroshav with a nod before saying,

"See Indra over there and some others, gonna go help. Ya okay?"

He pauses only a moment for an answer before pulling his longsword and dashing off to the east.

There are yells and clangs from the direction he went but nothing Kroshav can make out in the dark.
Order:
Indra -18hp(?)
Gethren
Joe -17hp
Dama
Jaq -17hp
Kroshav -17hp
Celus -20hp(?)
Dead hobs?
Lurn -17hp<------
Gapa
Jolly
Cary -30 hp

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:29 pm

"Can't see much right now, but I'll be good. Go!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Lurn faces toward where he can hear the others and starts running, going until he gets out of the darkness.

((The key problem with Spirit Guardians: I have to actually be able to SEE the people I don't want it to affect at the time of casting, so I can't just charge Gethren right away.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:08 am

((Which others? Kroshav and Celus were talking north of you, Dama to the south and Indra was yelling from the east.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 am

Whichever group was closer to where Gethren went. Dama or Indra on a rough tie, since they're currently alone, to Lurn's knowledge.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 am

Lurn scrambles in the grasping darkness to the east and manages to only get out dashing. He comes out into the relative warmth of the normal night and can see movement around a few distant fires and something moving closer to him. The something addresses him in Dama's sarcastic voice,

"Welcome out Blue! Got dead hobs attacking over there. What is going on? You had the watch."

((Using your dash to get out you have 10' of movement left.))

Jolly's cursing alerts everyone to where he is. He manages to get out of his tent and gets a torch kit, showing Lurn and Dama but doing nothing about the globe of black. As he is turning to Dama and Lurn a pair of darts of energy slam into his back, causing him to stumble forward but whatever pain or damage he felt is quickly shrugged off,

"Hells! Someone's back the other way."
Order:
Indra -18hp(?)
Gethren
Joe -17hp
Dama
Jaq -17hp
Kroshav -17hp
Celus -20hp(?)
Dead hobs?
Lurn -17hp
Gapa
Jolly -2hp
Cary -30 hp<------
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:57 am

"Gethren, the one who spoke to me earlier, showed up, no hostility in sight. Spoke to me for a bit, left, then suddenly there's a fireball."
The remaining 10' might as well go towards moving around the globe in the general direction of where Lurn heard Gethren.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 pm

"Ya made some shit new friends Blue."

((You're already out on that side of the darkness but you could aim towards where you last heard him, I've moved Lurn based on that guess.

Map:

I am trying to figure out a good compromise where I can show people's vision without making six different maps. This map shows, except for the things north of the darkness, what everyone can see. Everything Joe, Lurn and Kroshav can see is revealed, Lurn and Kroshav can ignore the area with the horses, they can't see that. Cary can't see a thing. Jaq can see 60 feet more to the west and south but doesn't see anyone in darkness, he did see the blast that hit Jolly come from the west though.
► Show Spoiler
))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:15 pm

"You're damn right about that."
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:58 am

Cary is going to snarl, grap her gear moving out in the direction away from the center of the hut were she was sleeping
History: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

After exiting the cold area she will cast cure wounds on herself...
Healing: 1D8+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Before using whatever movement she has left to find some cover hopefully 15 feet away from the darkness...

"Okay who are these <bastard of a swine and undead>?" She will yell at anyone near her when she exits...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Cary decides to head north out of the darkness and just makes it out without needing to dash, but finds herself without any further movement after she heals herself. To her north she sees the three horses moving towards the woods and Kroshav to her east looking blankly into the darkness in the east. There is some movement by a fire, looks like a fight maybe?

Indra yells and there is more sounds of metal on metal.

Lurn sees some blasts of eldritch energy come zipping at him from the southeast near a tent he can just make out by a fire. The first blast disappears into the darkness without being much of threat but the other he needs to block with his shield.
Order:
Indra -22hp
Gethren
Joe -17hp<------
Dama
Jaq -17hp
Kroshav -17hp
Celus -20hp(?)
Dead hobs?
Lurn -17hp
Gapa
Jolly -2hp
Cary -19 hp

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Hmmmm...Joe will try to walk twords the sound of fighting, but not get into the darkness again. She has 60’ darkvision thanks to the belt of dwarvenkind.

Depending on if she sees any/how many enemies will determine her action.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Joe walks around the tip of the shadow sphere and sees both Cary and Kroshav. She walks past the two and sees Celus and then just makes it to see Indra near a fire. Indra is surrounded on three sides by some unhealthy looking hobs.

((You can see three zombhobs by Indra. Any action?))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Is Indra within 30’ if so then Haste on Indra, if not then elrich blast a zombie.

1d20+6 = [4] = 10 1d10 = [7] = 7 1d20+6 = [15] = 21 1d10 = [6] = 6

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:27 am

Joe sends a pair of bolts flying at the nearest undead hob. The first goes wide and disappears in to the darkness of the night but the other hits and passes through the chest of the dead hobgoblin with a loud squelch. It stumbles, looking ready to fall but straightens and looks over in Joe's direction with a wobbly head and Joe sees it doesn't have most of its jaw and an arrow is sticking out of its eye. It gurgles towards her. More groans and gurgles come in response.
Dama steps out of the light and moves south and east before firing and taking a few steps back calling,

"Least four more of them coming between the tents. They got armor and shields still. Some of them have swords."
Order:
Indra -22hp
Gethren
Joe -17hp
Dama
Jaq -17hp <------
Kroshav -17hp
Celus -20hp(?)
Dead hobs?
Lurn -17hp
Gapa
Jolly -2hp
Cary -19 hp

((Maps:
Big map and little. Really the only person that can see to the west is Jaq. Everything in the yellow square is lit up by Jolly's torch, except the area just north of the black blob in the middle. Kroshav/Cary can't see anything south of the blob but Kroshav does benefit from the light to the east of it. Cary is represented by the C token.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:43 am

Kroshav's a bit startled by the flash of eldritch energy from Joe, but seeing it briefly light up Indra, he ignites his sacred weapon, and charges forward.

((20 ft bright, another 20 ft dim radius beyond that))

((How is Indra looking as he gets close?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:50 am

Kroshav lights his sword and moves in to support Indra falling in beside Celus just as the half elf looks ready to spring around and help his cousin. As Kroshav approaches Indra, he sees she looks a bit scorched and has a cut down her arm. She doesn't seem much deterred though and the green zombie in front of her has a clear hole in its chest the size of twist rapier blade and the blue zombie has an arrow with Dama's fletching sticking out of its eye, a hole in fresh looking hole in its chest and no jaw. Both look surprisingly intact otherwise. He also notices another zombie 20' past Indra that has stumbled out of the trees.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:59 am

((Looks like she's not in imminent danger of going down then? Had a bonus action he could do if she looked rough, but that's his turn then as lighting it up is an action.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:19 am

(Sheesh, a 21 didn’t hit?)