Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:18 pm

(I will have to roll in the morning)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 pm

((@NSF, I had Jaq gathering in the evening before bed, not sure that changes much for him though.

@Lost, the 'woods' is a big area. You mean right on the north point of the semi-circle or further in somewhere? If you are sending him in how far? Also roll his perception.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:19 pm

(Near where Jaq thought someone was watching him)

Per with advantage thanks to keen senses.
1d20+3 = [9] = 12 1d20+3 = [14] = 17

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:00 pm

((He kinda sensed it the whole time he was out, so a few hundred feet out sound okay? You going to have Ruby on duty all night?))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:04 pm

(At night was fine for me, I'd bring it up at night if someone is still up, or wait until breakfast if others are sleeping.)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm

(Ruby is an Owl, so he can stay on duty all night)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:31 pm

"I've felt the same a couple of times. We should just keep up our night watches."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:02 am

((Has there been night watches? Only Jaq has been out looking after he trances, right?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:27 am

((Have there not been? I guess I assumed we'd be keeping watches every night considering we were doing so even when traveling with soldiers.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:47 am

Cary would have pushed for watch rotations

Wis save 17
Perception 21
(I can’t get the paste function to work roll 243297)

Also if Cary is asked, or notices, the others concerns she will try to coordinate a readied response
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 am

((When I asked the only person that offered up anything watch related was Jaq... Well nothing bad has happened as far as you know yet.

What are the watches then? And give me perception rolls. Celus and the NPCs can help out too.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 am

((Must have missed the first time you asked. Lurn would be taking part in keeping watches, probably first watch.))

Perception: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Kroshav would take the early riser watch, and be doing squats and pushups and the like before morning sparring.

Perception: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 pm

((No worries, probably should have asked again. Are you watching from inside the hut or heading out? I ask because the hut has translucent walls.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:40 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:57 am

Lurn will be camping outside the hut. Not a lot of space for a big guy in there.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:00 am

((Okay, a ways off or near the hut? Horses are pretty close to the hut?

Lurn is on first watch, Indra will take second, I think Jaq was up for third and the Kroshav has fourth. Can I get a watch perception roll for Jaq please NSF.

I'll update for Cary's rolls later this evening.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:12 am

((Horses would be nearby when possible.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:22 am

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:24 am

At breakfast Jaq asks, "What if this hag, with her magic, somehow knows we are trying to track her down? Could our weird feelings of being watched be her magic watching us or something, or her minions watching us? I don't know much about that type of magic, so this is just a wild guess."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:58 am

((Reasonably nearby for Lurn))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Cary blinks into the darkness of the coming night and sees the bright green outline in the distance of the forest and hears in here mind a deep, reverberating voice say,
► Show Spoiler
The image fades rapidly and Cary is left bewildered and a little confused. She catches a faint smell of rot in the air before it blows past as she stumbles back into the clearing of the camp.

((@NSF, you can roll an arcana for Jaq's guess if you'd like!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:44 am

As the night rounds up and everyone goes to bed Dama notes, breath puffing into the cold night,

"Not a star in the sky, bet its gonna rain again."

This is met by a round of grumbling from all sides. Celus and Indra head into the hut along with Cary, Jaq, Joe and Kant. Dama and Jolly take to their shared tent across the fire pit from the hut. Lurn moves to his tent on the same side of the fire as the hut, a bit away from but still within the light cast by the fire. Kroshav takes up on the other side of the hut from Lurn, the horses a short distance from his tent to the north cropping the grass.

As gentle snores begin coming from the nearby tents Lurn looks around. To the north, the direction of the forest, only a wall of darkness meets his eyes. East, west and south he can see a few fires, some blazing and some guttering. Along with the fires he can hear a few voices, but can't make out what is being said. Pretty much the same as every night they've camped this trip. An hour into his watch Lurn hears something approaching from the east, after a short pause just beyond the light of the fire a figure steps forward. The figure quickly resolves into Gethren, who waves on seeing Lurn looking at him. He bows slightly to the firbolg and whispers, looking at the nearby tents and hut before back to Lurn,

"I am sorry to be disturbing you again Lurn, but I saw you were awake. Gapa said I should not but I feel obligated. Is it okay? I will take but a moment."

((@NSF, I missed you were making your statement at breakfast, I will resolve your roll in the game morning.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.