Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:28 pm

"I'll be honest, I usually understand you well enough, but I have no clue what you just asked, Joe."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:10 pm

”Can ye find someun o somethin with yer magic? Ah unfort’ly donnae have those spells in meh book.”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:36 am

Jolly shifts uncomfortably and looks over at Kroshav before quietly answering Lurn and Jaq.

"Been talking with Dama and... well probably going to head back to Stenrek through Seat. Got business that needs to be wrapped up back in Stenrek."

He clears he throat,

"Gonna follow along with Indra an Celus to Seat." He coughs and continues, "Ain't leaving ya yet but... Thanks for everything. Never woulda made it without you and Best. All of you."

He coughs again and says gruffly,

"Gotta go take a piss."

Before walking off. Dama laughs and smiles at everyone before heading after him.

((Which mirrors do you mean Lost? The one that shows the two fixed points.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:43 am

Kroshav holds up his hand for a quiet fist bump as Jolly passes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 am

Jolly gives the bump but keeps his gaze down. Coughing more after the bump.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:41 am

(The mirror that is connected to two other mirrors?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:09 am

(Okay, they are way behind you.)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:07 pm

(I know. Hopefully when/if they go back I’ll remember them and take them with me. I just wish I thought of it at that time)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:54 pm

"Ah, divination magic? I could prepare a spell to locate an object, but it only works up to a thousand feet, and I need to be familiar with the item in question."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 pm

”Feck...alright. Lets go ta tha libary. Maybeh there be tomes thar.”

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:24 pm

With a very large smile Jaq states, "Don't feel to bad about it Joe... Just think, this library might be the best archeological sight in the whole area. You haven't heard of it, so it's apparently well hidden. This could be a great, random, gift given to us by the trading goblins! And also, It might be a trek, so a few days of travel away from our problems, also good."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:05 am

((Based on your calculations from earlier, it's going to be more like a couple weeks travel there and back, but it's certainly out of the way!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:50 am

(day...weeks...ehh..whatever..it was a PEP TALK. Do actual facts matter??)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:40 am

((I was certainly pepped!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:48 pm

"Probably a lot safer than hunting for a hag, one of which apparently overpowered an experienced paladin, while being hunted by a necromancer, too. We'll return to the topic of the hag, but blindly searching for it now would be suicide."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:56 am

((So everyone is on for following the golem? You know your target is northwest of you now. Any prep before you go?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:10 am

((No prep left that Lurn can take.))
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:11 am

“Ah guess yer right. Lets try ta find some good booty, aye?”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:44 pm

"Sounds interesting!"

((If this is where we are departing from the NPCs, Kroshav would like to snag Jolly for a chat before we do.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:51 pm

(Jaq would also like to make a farewell to Jolly before he leaves)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:18 am

((Unless you can come up with a very compelling reason for them to stay they are leaving. Dama, Indra and Celus have no desire to go into the forest with winter approaching.))

Everything is packed and ready to go only an hour after when the party would normally depart. Celus walks around and says goodbye to everyone, spending more time speaking with Jaq, Lurn and Kroshav and promising to ask about them next time he is up this way and gives each a hug, some tears in his eyes. Indra follows after and offers a firm handshake and wishes you well. Dama gives everyone a warm hug and says,

"Pretty sure I'm gonna see most of ya again, just don't get yourselves killed."

Jolly stands a bit back, unsure of what he should do or perhaps unwilling to say goodbye.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:22 am

"Come now, Jolly, let's try to be glad. You know how hardy we all are, and we know where you'll be. We'll be seeing each other again before long." Though he tries to speak jovially, the large man does have a few tears in his own eyes.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am

“Ah annaie goin’ ta hold it against ye fer ye wantin’ ta go with yer girlfriend thar, Ah’d probl’y do tha same.”

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:11 am

Jaq smiles at Joe's comment, "Joe, I must learn to be more like you and just say the truth with my friends rather than beat around the bush."
Turning to Jolly he then says, "On that note, Jolly, I'm happy you found someone to be with, she is good for you. And I will miss you all. But Jolly, and all of you, if you need to reach me, or any of us I'd say, you can always leave a message at my father's store in Stenrek. I don't know exactly how soon I'll be back there, but that is my family home and I plan to get back there sooner rather than later to check on things." He then gives out some hugs.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Jolly glances up at Lurn and offers a hand, before pulling him into a hug while muttering,

"Ya, ya too stubborn to die. Don't come out of there with only one leg."

Jolly separates from Lurn and listens to Joe before shaking his head and saying,

"Honestly never understood a gods' forsaken word ya said Joe. Thanks for making my trip to those ruins, an all this possible."

He pats Joe fondly on the hat.

He, and the rest, nod to Joe's instructions and return hugs. Jolly says,

"Got things to do in Stenrek... I'll check with ya dad when I get back there."

He looks to Kroshav and offers his hand.