thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:36 pm

((Ves aiming for town or just outside?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Let's take the horses to the stables, and then we can camp I guess. One more night of stabling won't break the bank. Probably.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 pm

The group saddle up and depart Timmer quickly and without fan fair. A new teenager sits by the south gate and nods to the group as they ride by. To both the east and west a few riders can be seen approaching in the distance.

Ves sets a moderately fast pace as they head east to Feltan and run into a few larger groups of wagons with guards along with the standard smaller caravans and walkers. No one is particularly interested in them as they pass. As they ride, however, clouds slowly fill the sky and after three hours a light drizzle starts.

Ves estimates they have an hour of sunlight left when they reach Feltan. Unlike Timmer, Feltan is just a loose cluster of a couple dozen houses of different sizes around a store. The store, Vinnagin's, has a sign noting boarding and stabling is available and to ask within. There are no walls but there are a few larger farms south of the village with people moving about them.

The light rain shows no sign of stopping, and in fact the clouds seem denser in the fading light.

((One day's ride from Tall! I assumed Kroshav would tell people about the owlbears and unknown threat as they went but we can say it just happened unless you want to add something specific?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:09 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:15 am ((A shoulder shrug where you can't be bothered to actually lift the shoulder. Got it. Not that I was there for the messenger's burial, but does Lurn afford the same rites to those perhaps less deserving, like the bandits?))
((Every grave gets a rock, the salt less so.))

"I favour stabling at the least, in this weather. The horses will need shelter from the rain."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:29 pm

((Yup, they get warned.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:15 am

Jolly sits hunched on his horse, water dripping of his nose.

"So... someone goin' in or what?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Yeah, Ves will take the horses to the stables and sort out their accommodation.

"I don't mind the rain, but it'll be a wet camp. Do you prefer to stay at the inn?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Jolly shakes his head.

"Under a tree is fine. Slept out in worse. Least it's warm."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:53 pm

"sounds good. The horses will be fine in the rain too to be honest, but they've had a long couple of days."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Joe pulls out her tent. "It'll hold one m're."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Jolly gives Joe an odd look at her suggestion, hard to read exactly in the fading light.

"Getting a fire going would be nice in this rain. Up to ya."

Jolly glances towards the treeline east of the fields, and along the road, and their expected shelter from the rain.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:05 pm

"I am used to sleeping in the elements, so I will pass on a tent... I'll help with taking the horses to stable, too. It would be good to have the locals see me now rather than when they wake up, lest they mistake me for a monster."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:40 pm

"Very well. Let me go and help set camp somewhere dry and get a fire going if we can before this rain comes I'm too heavy. Kreldoran, would you mind helping him with the horses?"

Ves heads put with the group to try and find somewhere with dry ground to camp on.

1d20+5 = [9] = 14

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 pm

The Dwarven wizard is summoned into existence. "Fine, fine..", he grumbles, his wand growing into an umbrella. "Fergus, grab those reins, let's go."

;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 am

Jolly is startled by the planar split and appearance of the high leveled wizard. After a moment he decides he is too tired to care.

At the treeline east of the villages' fields Ves looks for a dry spot. Unfortunately 'dry' is relative after the long afternoon of rain. She finds a few areas under some larger trees that have room for everyone and the horses that are damp rather than fully soaked. As the darkness falls the light of the village is just visible.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Lurn and Kroshav enter the store. It is a typical village store to both of their eyes, all of the basic necessities of life are on sale. Foodstuffs, tools, cloth, leather, candles and a smattering of non-essentials like candy, books and a few interesting paintings.

Unlike much of Timmer the building was built using finished wood rather than rough logs. A bell dings as the pair open the door and step in. A sweeping gnome, middle aged with threads of grey in a tight bun, looks up. After inspecting the damp pair dripping on the floor she smiles and leans the broom against a shelf and walks over. Craning her neck up at the very tall pair,

"Can I help you boys? You looking for a place to stay the night or something to buy?"

A door at the back of the store opens and a man with a wild, black beard peers into the room at Lurn and Kroshav.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Kroshav likewise ignores the dwarf's unexplained arrival, and follows Lurn.

"Have some animals to stable for the evening."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:08 pm

"Five horses. Our group will be camping by the town's edge, but the horses deserve proper care."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:32 pm

((yeah ok, names are hard!))

"This'll have to do. Joe, can you make fire by any chance, or are we going to need to do this the old fashioned way?"

Ves sets up a makeshift raincover between the trees (like stringing a tarp - she's got rope, tents and a bolt of leather to work with, as well as whatever wood and sticks she can gather for a windbreak).

Shell gather whatever wood she can as well and strip the bark off to try and get to the drier wood inside as she builds a small fire under the shelter from the rain.

"Gather some more wood, would you? Could do with getting some as dry as we can in case the rain comes in harder later tonight. Lurn might not mind the rain, but there's nothing that beats a decent fire in the dark of a wet, dreary night."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 pm

((I apparently make lots of 'K' names, which doesn't help. :chuckle: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Joe nods and pulls the water off of the wood before she lights it with prestidigitation. Any wood that's gathered she'll take the water off and dries it as much as possible with shape water and prestidigitation.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 am

"Five? Sure thing. Han, can you go get these gentlemen's horses. That'll be a silver and 5 coppers if they are just going to be in for the night? Can I help you with anything else?"

The hairy man walks past the pair and starts taking the horses around the shop.

---

Working together Ves and Joe get a nice, if smoky, fire going.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:45 am

"Well that's a hell of a trick!" Ves laughs. "Thought we'd be at that for much longer! Thanks. Settle in a bit, I'll get some food going while the rain's not so bad."

Ves sets to cooking, then heads out to set a few snares and collect some have and berries while she waits for the stew to be ready.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:05 am

((That water working was very useful here!))

Jolly sits down close to the fire and falls quickly asleep, snoring lightly.