Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:22 am

Jaq waits a minute in silence and shrugs, 'Who knows...can trees whisper and talk?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:16 pm

The trees remain tight lipped.

Lurn grabs the leather and reads,

"As thanks from our tribe. Be well, travel safe."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm

(For a moment there I thought I posted in the wrong thread! :lol:)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:47 pm

"From the letter, it's a gift for Ves, as thanks for helping their tribe. I guess she was the one who handled the talks with goblins. I'm not sure what of all this is meant to be for her, though, maybe just the one the note was in? Since the rest is food, they may need it."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:37 am

((Jaq saw they were bringing the bags towards the camp and based on the conversations that happened near him they were aware of the camp's location, if not his.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:06 am

Jaq shakes his head, "No, they knew we were here and were headed right towards our, or Joe's hut. They must of been what had seen us earlier in the evening. Only the hidden voices scared them off, and then they just dropped the bags and left quickly. I don't think they are coming back, yet I'm not sure why they think that Ves might be here with us, either."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 am

"I mean... we kind of stick out. If it's the same group, they might have just figured she was?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 am

"True, I wonder what she has done for the goblins that they are so fond of her? It's good to know she has been doing well since we parted ways."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:08 pm

"Have you forgotten that we interfered when hobgoblins were raiding a goblin village and saved their tribe from being enslaved?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:37 pm

"True, but the note stated Ves' name...but you are right, I'm uncertain if they knew any of the rest of our names."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:14 pm

"Ves is nice and short, easy to spell. They'dve run outta hide before they got both of our full names on there, Jaq!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:41 am

((I think everyone introduced themselves to Himmack? I know that Kroshav did for sure. The spelling your names is a struggle even while looking at them.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 am

((Yeah, he introduces himself to everyone. Kroshav had to carry around a piece of paper with his full name spelled out for longer than he'd like to admit.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 am

((Anything else? Otherwise I will continue with the watches?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:53 pm

"Well, I have no idea what talked to me. But, I guess they aren't harming us."

Jaq will go and get the rest of the goods that the goblins dropped for 'us' and Ves unless someone objects. Other than that, he is done.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:39 pm

((If we don't seem in immediate danger, Kroshav will turn in, but ask Ealu to holler for him if something happens.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:18 pm

The rest of Jaq's watch passes without incident and he awakens Lurn to take over.

Very little seems to moving in the woods during the third watch. Lurn thinks he spots something shift right on the edge of the light but after a half hour determines it must of been a trick of the fire light.

Kroshav's is, if anything, more uneventful until the very end when a few deer bound beside the camp. They don't seem to be running from anything but do appear to have a destination in mind.

Kroshav hears in his head,

<Oooohhh, look! Odd horses. Oh Charlie says they are deer horses.>

The sunrises on chilly morning, frost glittering on the ground. The mountains, still distant, looming large and completely covered in snow now. The destination shouldn't be too long off now. Hopefully. Unless it's actually on the other side of those mountains.

((The bags are enough food for 10 days of rations for everyone.

Anyone doing anything different or keeping on?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:40 pm

<I'm glad you two aren't scared of them, that's what the Lieutenant's horse was scared of.>

Kroshav does his morning training, and the cold must have made his eye water a bit when he turned around to spar with Jolly and he wasn't there. He channels his energies in that direction towards getting Jaq to do strengthening drills and Lurn to do coordination drills with his remaining arm.

"It might not be the most fun now, but better to be a bit sore now that be in a pinch and not be able to get your arm to do what you want!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Jaq nods quietly, knowing his arm will be sore, but knowing the training needs to be done.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:01 pm

"Make sure you're all eating properly. If we have to head up into those mountains it may become a rather tiring trek."
Lurn joins in on the training gladly, though only uses his shield, leaving his mace aside.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:06 pm

Kroshav hands Jaq some fist sized chunks of firewood to throw at Lurn for him to block with his shield.

((If they humor his training instructions...))
"Good! Well done! Ooo, he almost got you there, Lurn!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:17 am

Jaq pulls a bit of a face when Lurn mentions trekking UP a mountain. "Ugh, I've never climbed anything like that, and I doubt with snow and more coming that would be easy. But I don't think that is going to end up being a problem. For some reason I envision the ruins of this grand library nestled in a secluded but wooded area that is carved right into the side, but bottom of the mountain!"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:32 pm

((Also based on your tests using the golem and some geometry you figured it was definitely on this side of the mountains.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:15 pm

"Tha only person tha needs ta worry about climbin' tha is Lurn. Ah have spid'r climb ta help ye Jaq. Maybeh I can put on one o tha horses so tha they can move up n down tha mountin' with ease with multiple o us."

(Instead of Shatter, Joe has spider climb for today)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:43 pm

"Very nice, Joe. Your varied skills were missed when we split ways due to the war."