Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 6:34 am

((Yeah, probably not something I want. :chuckle: ))

((His head is just a bit out of easy reach, so might as well bash him in the leg.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 am

((Smashing kneecaps is the truest form of threatening. If it's good enough for the mafia, it's good enough for us.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 8:06 am

((And, as it was almost a page ago))

Init:

Ves (14 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp) <------

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 am

Joe follows Jaq and when she sees the skelly she unleashes a firebolt.

[1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24[1d10] = 7
Crit dmg [1d10] = 4

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 23, 2019 9:16 am

After getting hit, Ves takes the disengage action and retreats 25 feet towards Kroshav and Lurn.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 10:27 am

A well placed blast of fire from Joe knocks off a floating rib from the skeleton. Ves uses the skeleton's momentary distraction to move back towards Kroshav and Lurn only to be passed by Kroshav who slams his trusty smithing hammer into one of the skeleton's knees, shards of bone explode from where the hammer impacts.

Jolly, cursing all the while, fires a shot at the massive skeleton and manages to still somehow miss it. The cursing doesn't improve from the miss.

Jolly attack: 1d20-1 = [11] = 10

The skeleton slams its club down at the hammer wielding dragonborn, moving slightly more stiffly than before and giving Kroshav a chance to dance back from the blow. The skeleton turns and swipes again but again it is almost as if something catches in the bones causing the club to just sail over Kroshav's head.

Attack 1: 1d20+6-1d4 = [1] = 6
Attack 2: 1d20+6-1d4 = [13] = 16

Init:

Ves (14 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp) <------
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp)

((Well bane paid off once already, saved Kroshav from getting hit.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 10:43 am

((Thank Kevin!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 am

Longbow attack: 1d20+7 = [1] = 8

Jaq moves to just far enough past the wall so he can target the skeleton. He takes the quick shot and then moves back out of sight of the monster.
He will move out of sight, but closer to the south than he previously was (hope that makes sense).
(So, will me using cunning action here to hide, give me advantage next round, or given that he pretty much knows my location, will that not work that way?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Jaq steps out and kicks up some bone dust which in turn causes him to sneeze right as he releases the arrow. The arrow disappears into the distance far over the walls of the ruined building.

Init:

Ves (14 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)<------
Joe (7 hp)

((@Burns unless you are waiting for something from Lurn feel free to take a shot.

@NSF Well considering you pretty much shot at Joe instead of the skeleton it probably was alerted by that...

I will say you can use your cunning action to hide and as long as you move to a different spot it won't know where you are at, meaning you'd get advantage.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Seeing Kroshav pull out a smithing hammer, Lurn gives a slight frown - he should have known the dragonborn wouldn't have a proper weapon - and moves up alongside Ves, "I need to maintain focus on my spell if I'm to continue interfering in its attacks, so I can't let it strike at me. Are you able to get my mace to Kroshav if I heal you?"

If she's willing to get in there, Lurn will pass his mace to Ves and cast Cure Wounds on her.
Cure Wounds: 1d8+5 = [2] = 7

If she's not willing to go in... Throwing a mace at Kroshav while he's in melee sounds like a bad idea, so just Toll The Dead on the skeleton instead.
Toll The Dead: 1d12 = [5] = 5
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Lurn shakes his head at Kroshav's being completely unprepared to fight all types of undead. He himself has every type of weapon possibly needed against...wait no he doesn't. Still Kroshav should have known better. While silently judging Kroshav he moves over to Ves. Depending on if she agrees to be a mace courier he will heal her, otherwise he focuses on doing damage.

Joe is more straight forward in her actions and shoots a somewhat smaller bolt of fire at the giant skeleton. It clearly strikes the massive target but has little impact.

Init:

Ves (14 hp) <------
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 23, 2019 11:56 pm

((I mean, Lurn was more judging himself for not recognising that K wouldn't have any bashy weapons than he was judging K for not having any.

Also clearly Lurn doesn't need any special weapons, because he literally just magics everything. The mace is just for aesthetics. :P ))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 pm

:D

And Map!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 24, 2019 2:04 am

Ves grabs the mace, accepts the healing, and then does her assimar thing as her eyes glow bright and the glowing wings emerge from her back (takes her action). She holds her move for now.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 24, 2019 2:10 am

Ves snatches the mace from Lurn without comment and accepts the healing, her eyes closing as she seeks within herself. Opening them with a snap they begin growing brighter and brighter as everything around Ves reflects the light from her newly emerged glowing, ethereal wings. With a subconscious, almost instinctual flap the wings lift her a short distance above the ground.

The giant skeleton's head shifts so it is clearly looking at her.

Init:

Ves (21 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)<------
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 24, 2019 2:22 am

She grins back at the skull as it's attention comes to focus on her.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 24, 2019 5:24 am

Kroshav is used to swinging his forging hammer at stationary metal, and hanging a longer haft when he's smiting foes...

Attack: 1d20+7 = [2] = 9
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 am

Kroshav whiffs his swing, missing the skeleton by a good foot. Jolly, on the other hand, takes a breath from the cursing which steadies his aim as he fires a bolt right into the giant's eye hole where it sounds like it bounces around a bit. Jolly gives a hoot of surprise.
► Show Spoiler
The skeletal giant smashes down at Kroshav again and again something seems to catch in its arm that slows it just enough for Kroshav to step back. The skulls all around the ruins hiss in frustration and the skeleton steps over Kroshav to swing at Ves. The bones in its arm pop oddly and the blow skips across the ground in front of the floating, glowing woman.
► Show Spoiler
Init:

Ves (21 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp) <------
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp)

((Two more hits prevented by bane!))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 24, 2019 6:14 am

Jaq will move south 10 feet and try to make his arrow actually hit the skeleton this time.

Longbow attack: 1d20+7 = [9] = 16
Advantage: 1d20+7 = [12] = 19
Damage with sneak: 1d8+5+1d6 = [2] = 13

After loosing the arrow, he will move west 5 feet and south 15, getting another column to hide behind and he will using cunning action to hide.

Stealth: 1d20+8 = [4] = 12

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 24, 2019 7:08 am

((@Burns, Feel free to fire a shot unless you're waiting on Lurn!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 24, 2019 7:22 am

With Ves and Kroshav ready to handle the frontline, Lurn backs up to be 30 feet from the skeleton, invoking Toll The Dead on the gigantic enemy. "Hahah! Kelemvor protects us, fiend!"
Toll The Dead: 1d12 = [7] = 7

((Three hits now negated by Bane, on my third turn since its use. The one minute duration is, what, 10 turns? This Bane is looking like it will be a valuable expenditure of a spell slot. Considering how much damage the thing does, even preventing two or three hits makes for a worthwhile spell. XD ))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 24, 2019 7:39 am

Jaq pops out and fires an arrow that hits the skeleton's collarbone sending cracks spending in all directions of the impact site. He quickly ducks back into cover.

Lurn crows his pleasure before raising his hand and watching small bits of bone splinter off the giant.

Giant skel wis save: 1d20+1-1d4 = [9] = 7

Init:

Ves (21 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp) <------

And Map!

((It has blocked between 18 and 60 damage, average around 40. That has stopped more than enough damage to take one of the front line down and potentially enough to drop both of them. If comparing it to a turns/spell slots that would have been spent healing it has unquestionably been worth it.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm

[1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23[1d10] = 6
Joe fires another bolt of fire.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 25, 2019 12:15 am

Joe continues to rain firebolts on the skeleton. It is definitely looking rougher than when it emerged.

Init:

Ves (21 hp)<------
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Giant skeleton
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Joe (7 hp)

And Map!