Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:52 pm

((In which case is is very interested in Jaq's response to the not killing them!))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:31 pm

Jaq scrunches up his mouth for a moment when Ves speaks so openly In front of the goblin but quickly hides the frustration. “The elixir will not hurt a goblin. Or anyone. So. Is it a deal and we can trust them after the deal?”

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Joe looks at Jaq with a confused look on her face not remembering grabbing anything remotely similar to male enhancment potions. "...Are ye sure ye id'ntaf'd em corr'ctly? May Ah have a look?"

What joe knows about male enhancment potions (arcane) [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Ves shrugs at Jaq. "I mean, if we trade fair and they trade fair, it's certainly not going to hurt. Trust is a lot to ask, but most folks are at least not looking to make more enemies."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:42 pm

Working with a cloaca himself, Kroshav is a bit puzzled by the line of inquiry.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 pm

((You're all within earshot but the goblin really doesn't like having more than two people near him. Right now it is Jaq and Ves. I assume Jaq will rotate out for Lurn.

Thanks for clearing that piece of dragonborn anatomy up Spider :P. ))

Joe knows such potions exist and has no idea why Jaq would have them... beyond the usual reason. Interesting thing to bring into the forest though. She'd have to get closer to inspect them, but hasn't been called over.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:54 am

Assuming the box is within 30' of Lurn, Detect Magic will still be in effect.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 am

((The goblin wants you all around 45ft away from him but Lurn could take a few steps then return to his original position without causing too much stress for the goblin.))

The stick is magic (surprise!), it has a weaker aura and lacks a distinct school. The box is magic, strong abjuration.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 am

Moving back to his spot after checking the magic, Lurn calls across, "Definitely magical, the box is especially strong abjuration, but that probably means it's sealed beyond anything we can open."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:51 am

She calls to the group: "Think it's worth it? Theyre offering a map for about a day's walk around this point, the box, a statuette, and the stick. I'm not too bothered about a map or things we can't easily carry but what's your priority list? The stick seems useful."

Goblin: "You give us all of this, and we give you all this? ...and a second dagger. Deal?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 am

Jaq doesn't want to totally walk away from the goblin just yet. If the deal is made he wants to be able to talk to the goblin again without hollering across a distance at it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 am

((if he tells Ves that, she'll explain it to the goblin))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 am

(Yes, Jaq will ask Ves to explain that, if only to make Ves aware of why he is staying, the goblin is I think better at common than he might let on)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:15 am

The goblin looks over the items laid out on the ground and considers for a moment before replying in goblin,

"All of this that has been offered, an extra dagger and all of the elixir," he looks at Jaq, "For box, the stick and the little rock figure as long as he drinks some of the elixir first. He lives and you get the map. He dies, we start over."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:42 pm Working with a cloaca himself, Kroshav is a bit puzzled by the line of inquiry.
Don't forget the hemipenes!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:24 am

Ves looks over to Jaq with a grin then back to the goblin.

Goblin: "You know of any cold-water springs around here? If he gets all hot and bothered from drinking that potion of his I want to know where to send him!"

Common: "He's willing to make the trade for all the elixirs, but he wants to see you drink one first. If you live, he'll throw in the map. If you die, we start negotiations again, and I will definitely be trading them your gear."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 am

thinkslogically wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 am Don't forget the hemipenes!
((That is a google search I could have done without...))

The goblin merely gives a shake of his head to Ves' question and watches and waits for Jaq.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:56 am

Ves chuckles and also turns her attention to Jaq.

((Insight on Jaq: 1d20+5 = [4] = 9

Yeah, there's no reason not to trust his trade, surely?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 am

Jaq's offer was honest and forthright to Ves' ear. Still weird he would have all those bottles of the stuff in his bag like he was planning some sort of twisted/wild party. In the woods. With strangers.

Maybe it is an elf thing?
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:28 am

"Jaq when we be done with trade Ah got a list o quest'ns fer ye. Like why ye'd be carryin' that around with ye. In tha woods...ta get woods."

Insight [1d20] = 10

Yep Jaq is telling the truth. Brings a lot more questions.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:46 am

Jaq nods. "I have two other elixirs, I will trade them. I need to get them and I'll gladly take a sip from any or all of them. Along with a bit of further instruction for the user." If agreed he will walk back to where the others are, set down his pack by the other gear, root around a moment and then go back to his gear and take out two more of the red elixirs. Then return. (he is not wanting the goblins to know he has 10 bottles with him)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:21 am

The goblin nods and when Jaq comes back points randomly at the second bottle to be tested.

((What is in these things?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 am

Jaq takes a sip and swallows. Stepping slowly closer to the goblin he whispers, "Drink it with a meal of some sort of meat. In a few hours the herbs in the elixir will make you like a wolverine in the...tent." he is not sure what word to use, he doubts the goblins have bedrooms. "You will be more confident and the women will also like how you talk to them."

(it is water dyed red, the herb that dyed it gives it a very slight bitter taste)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:59 am

((And Jaq is hording 7 more bottles of it just in case? :D))

The goblin watches Jaq for a long minute digesting the words and waiting for Jaq to die before looking to Ves for a fuller translation.

A lascivious grin spreads on his face. He says to Ves,

"I'll take the bottles up and get map, you keep the magic things here."

He gathers everything around him up and puts it in a pack on his back and, if allowed climbs back up. After a moment he returns with a loose scrap of leather and takes the remaining items and puts them in his pack, being very careful with the bottles.

Before he goes up again he places the scrap in Ves' hand and says in goblin,

"I am Dernt. I give you something for free tonight, get out of the Cut."

He turns and disappears back up the wall. After a minute the noise from above disappears and you are seemingly left alone in the ravine again.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:03 am

(yes, yes he is. There is most certainly going to be someone who needs some tonic to sooth their stomach, or something...right? And the power of suggestion is very strong. That goblin might have the night of his life! and on the way back he will track us down just so he can trade for more of the stuff!)