Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:41 pm

Wait to check the spoilers until after the naga meeting, or at least don't check Jaq's please. Don't want his meeting with the naga and what he said to guide what you say, even inadvertently!

I will say that had you turned right instead of left when Lurn and Kroshav were running from the drider you would have had a clear shot down but missed Joe.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Ah, right. I'll be patient then! I've waited this long!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:04 pm

Lucky Left!
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:50 am

Your forbearance is noted and appreciated.

Lucky for Joe! Had you turned right I would have been mailing Lost about rolling a new character.

Also, I am starting my quasi summer vacation tomorrow. This means is that I will have less time to update but will try to keep things rolling.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:38 am

They would have killed her? (Though that is not too surprising since she's a slippery halfling)

Honestly I was worried that they were going to gouge out her eyes or something else that was horrible.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:31 am

That's a question for Jaq to answer. They made some promises to him.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:08 am

Just dropping in to say I haven't given up on the game!

You've probably all noticed my posting has become less frequent and more erratic the last half a year. This is the result of some changes at home, primarily a new small child and my wife's new job. When I started the campaign my two older kids had achieved limited independence and didn't need constant supervision which meant more free time during the day. That free time has evaporated. This is compounded by my wife's new job where she frequently works late into the evenings during the summer. This leaves me pretty toasted by the time I can post and unmotivated.

Hopefully when the kids go back to school/daycare and my wife works less at night I'll be able to post like i used to (with a computer).

I'll see if I can get a post or three out this week!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:35 am

No worries, take good care of your life.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:51 am

Well here we are. For all the reasons above things have dragged. Kids are still taking more time and if anything my wife's work schedule has gotten worse.

I don't want to call the game dead, I have quite enjoyed the path it has taken, but I also don't really know when I will have time to provide any sort of stable update schedule.

Sorry for leaving things hanging, I am still around and will hopefully be able to resume to some degree next year but I can't promise anything.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:06 am

No issues. Real life takes precedence. And if you feeling you are using time gaming that you should on family, you will not enjoy the game.
It is a very fun game and I'm willing to wait and keep things on hold.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Hiatus till 2022 and reassess then?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Some parts of life just take a lot more time. No need to feel bad about that. Hopefully your schedule opens up in the future, but that will happen when it happens.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:01 am

Thanks for the understanding.

A pause until early 2022 is a good option. I also need to consider how I can streamline my processes while maintaining something you all want to play.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:32 am

I know you and I had mused about porting our games to the DDB forums at one point. Is that something that would:

1) help streamline things for you to be able to continue to run?
2) be something that the players here would be up for?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 pm

I don't know what the DDB forums are, but I doubt I'd have a problem with it.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 pm

https://www.dndbeyond.com/

They have built in roller and character sheets, and a healthy Play by Post community.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:13 am

It would help streamline it for me a bit, the time for importing the rolls does add up.

It mostly came down to having a solid hour each day for the bigger updates with fights and being at a computer when I needed to update maps.

Were you thinking of moving TSW to dndbeyond?

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:23 am

I'd have no trouble moving over.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:58 pm

I'm thinking of it more and more, with this forum perhaps in a death spiral with no new members being directed here via the comic.

I'll have to float it over there, I know Lurks is limited, because he works in healthcare and the DDB forum gets firewalled.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:04 am

Great NSF! What about you Dlover and Lost?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:25 am

I'm good with anything.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 am

I'm fine with it being on there.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:40 am

I will try to get a campaign page started tomorrow. Should have some down time between presentations...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:08 pm

I've got a Kroshav built and ready to go.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Okay, I *have* found an issue in that firbolgs aren't an option without having to pay a fair amount. I'm going to look at whether that's actually a problem, though.
My game:

My characters: