Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Been considering adding one more player to the game, as overall it has went better than expected and I have enjoyed running it. So I will open it up to see if anyone is interested here. Also if no one already playing is adamantly opposed...

Also I updated Ves inventory. Both she and Lurn have some inventory that will spoil in a few days if not used.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:51 pm

That is fine with me.
I'm very much enjoying the game. You are a very detail oriented DM.
If I was a DM, I'd be a very detail lax, which would probably not be good!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Yup, that's totally fine by me :) Im really enjoying this game and looking forward to seeing it continue.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Mn, another player is fine.

Also, perishables in inventory is fine, since we've got plenty of people to share them with.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:43 pm

I need to remember to edit my inventory, I keep forgetting when I am on my pc. :oops:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:37 am

I like the details, it helps me visualize NPC's motivations and to help set the scene for the PCs. It also results in a significant amount of wasted content but eh.

I only remind about perishables because in my RL campaign people don't use things and get upset that they rot. I am not your inventories' keeper. Unlike here if I give them healing potions and they forget to add them to their inventory there is no going back to check so poof they're gone!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:00 am

Okay map is updated. Have added the spots of the ruins and potential dwarf site, Grenmyr and the major roads in the Duchy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Map updated again. I have light blue marks to indicate where Joe's ruins are. They are all over the place so I didn't label them. They look like three chevrons touching in the corners. I also changed the borders to be brown so they wouldn't be confused with the roads, which are black. I am no artist but but I hope this helps make things clearer.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:00 pm

I do not see the ruins on the map yet. I see our main ruins, but not Joe's different ones.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 am

They are there but they are tiny and you need to zoom in. I may follow Thinks and Spider and post the maps somewhere else so you can blow them up more easily. The doc is quite easy for me to update during a fight though so I will probably stick with that, even though we lose the old state every time I update.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 am

ah, ok! I'll zoom

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:59 am

Just a comment on half-orcs. They are generally seen as civilized but in the Duchy they are treated very poorly due to their orc heritage. I tried to allude to this in story but to be clear!

Dragonborn are much more accepted but are seen with some distrust, mostly by the elven rulers, due to the attack at the end of the war.

I think Lurn should have each limb be a different color of dragonborn. That'd be flashy.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:22 am

Pahahaha! That'd be awesome :D

I've got no suggestion on colour preference for him, except that we've seen a red dragonborn in the street fight already (I think), so that might be as good an option as any.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 am

Surprised no one rolled any insight on the elf or family!

Just some geography to explain the elf's threat- both Grenmyr and Bridgeway are river towns built around/before a bridge. Crossing the bridges over the rivers in the respective towns requires that you go through the towns.

In the case of Grenmyr there are numerous alternative crossings but they require traveling south. Bridgeway on the other hand is the only bridge over a large, wide rushing river and would require a significant amount of travel to the east to find a crossing. Going too far east though will bring you to the Hag's Swamp.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:02 am

Joe isn't one that has much of insight, and once he downed her with sleep his fate was sealed.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:02 am

Joe isn't one that has much of insight, and once he downed her with sleep his fate was sealed.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 am

I often forget insight is a thing. But even without that, it doesn't matter. That he tried to remove Lurn and Joe from the equation when Lurn had only said he wouldn't allow any harm to be done without proof is enough of a sign to me that he's the enemy. That he cast it again and included Ves - who to him was an uninvolved person - just marks him as an enemy in general.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:27 am

yeah, sorry... Been offline a bit lately.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:38 am

Nothing to be sorry about!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:55 am

Well just got back from seeing Santa. Was great cept the car got stuck and I needed a tow truck. A free piece of entertainment ended up costing a fair bit, but ain't that always the way!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi guys! :wave:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Welcome Spider!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Welcome :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Welcome welcome. Hopefully your dragonborn won't be too upset to eventually find Lurn isn't a dragonborn.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Still working on figuring out his personality, but I don't think he's likely to hold it against Lurn long term.

Just so you have more of an idea of what Kroshav looks like...

Name: Kroshav Xjindraakvar
Race: Dragonborn (Gold)

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 330 lb

Physical Description: Kroshav is a large and powerfully built gold dragonborn, normally wearing chain mail and carrying his war pick and shield. His horn ridges sweep back to merge with frilled ears, and the flexible spines of a gold dragon adorn his snout and chin, giving the appearance of whiskers.

Gear:
Warpick
Shield
Javelin (5)
Chainmail
Holy Symbol
Explorer's Pack

So not as tall as Lurn's true form, but quite a bit heftier.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler