Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:48 pm

That sounds fun. You want any ideas for characters?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 pm

There will only be 5-6 players, and I already have a character built up for each class, so I'm probably good! :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:16 pm Gonna steal that Spider... been needing some one shot ideas!
I'm postponed on running this, DM has off Friday, so he'll be able to prep to run main campaign. Two of his online friends will be in town next month, so I'll be running this the weekend they are in. That'll be a big party, good thing I rolled up a dozen characters. There are normally 4 players, we might be adding one since we just lost one, so maybe as many as 7? 8 if my wife is up for joining? I've never run that many in person. :shock:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:35 pm

I wish you luck! My Roll20 has five people and that can be a chore to keep everyone involved! In RL I have only ever have had three people, my wife and my (young) daughters. Just made a true one shot for them where they are a couatl, gold dragon wyrmling and a pixie (super balanced). Gonna test it out this weekend probably.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:02 am

It's not even empty boasting/threats to say the hobgoblins wouldn't have that much more of a chance were we unarmed. Half our party are no less deadly without our weapons. If I recall right, Ves is roughly as dangerous unarmed as armed, while Joe and Lurn both use magic to fight, so weapons aren't necessary for them. Plus Kroshav with his strength could probably disarm one and take its weapons with ease, and Jaq is unnoticed, so he would still be fully armed. Basically only Jolly would be impeded by losing his weapon, and he's not exactly a super fighter.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:48 am

Kroshav can unarmed strike for 6 damage, and if he even gets hold of a rock to use as an improvised weapon, he can do 8-11 damage, plus smite, but without proficiency to hit.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Those hobs to the north rolled double 20s and 18s för their sneak at disadvantage. Crazy.

4d20 = [20, 20, 18, 18] = 76
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 am

Hope these hobgobs are so embarrassed about turning coward and running away that they can't talk to one another about this night, and they all just retire and turn to farming. :chuckle:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 am

Jolly should do the 'goblin' trick and claim, "I'm now an adventurer" and take a level in fighter!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:16 am

He is definitely getting there...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:02 am

Fighter? Nah mate, he's gonna take levels in Demigod. It isn't even a class, but he'll get them.

Edit: And before you ask which god he's a demi from, it's clearly Dionysus. God of wine and all.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:35 am

When you say Ves can't sleep because of her injuries, is that mechanical or flavour? If it's mechanical, she definitely would have taken Lurn up on his offer of healing after the hobgoblin battle. If it's just flavour and the long-rest will heal her back up once it's complete, she would just have cleaned it up, chucked a dressing on it and gone to sleep though.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:57 am

It's flavor trying to come up with why she wasn't great on her watch. I would have let you know if something was mechanically impacting Ves, by the morning she would have been back up at full.

I try to come up with reasons why watches aren't at least average. In Jaq's case I had nothing but felt like I had described everyone else. Whenever possible I like to give all watches some flavor!

Also, I was surprised that you decided to stay in the same place after having four hobs escape...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:29 pm

It was a calculated show of force :paranoia:

Nah, I just figured they could probably track us regardless and it wasn't probably worth it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:45 am

We erased two of them from the face of the planet in a matter of seconds. Even hobgoblins should be smart enough to be afraid of that.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:09 am

Or smart enough to come back with sufficient forces to deal with the threat...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:28 am

We'll see just how 'sufficient' the force is, won't we? DEATH FOR THE DEATH GOD! >:D
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:49 am

Well the demi-god of wine is down, meaning the party is only running at 99% now.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:03 am

Well, that spell slot I spent healing him before the return to rest just disappeared real quick. :p
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 am

But possibly kept him from insta-dead...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:26 am

Potentially, though I think he was only healed for 3 or so? Well, I don't regret it anyway, healing him made sense.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 pm

From this point forward you will only fight single, massively powerful monsters to speed the updating.

I realize this is nothing compared to what you did Spider, but geez.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:30 pm

D&D is nothing compared to the massive # of rolls I saddled myself with in my Castle Heterodyne game, or the Fallout game badge and I were running...

Probably why they are both inactive...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Not going to lie, running the forest battle is what killed the WA for a couple of months there... Buuuuut, I like running battles with hordes much better than solo monsters.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Not sure how you guys organize things, but I use a spreadsheet with all of the PCs and allied NPCs on one side, the enemies on the other, with an overlapping Initiative column. I have other columns with formula to calculate remaining HP, etc.

If anyone thinks it would be of use to them, I can make a generic one and share it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler