The Heist - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 am

"So, Veska and Kytiel didn't come back huh? Strange..."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:56 am

I'm going to blame your dice roller Mort. It's obviously the reason they've rolled two 1's so far :paranoia:

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 am

Welp, idk what to do now.

Can't run, because escaping a Grapple takes an Action, which would only leave me 30ft of movement to get away. It'd get an opportunity attack, and it could just move over and grab Veska again.

Fighting? Against a monster meant for a full party of level 5 characters, in a fully-lit room after it's gotten a surprise round and chunked off half our health already?

So idk :?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 am

Oh yeah, I forgot: Veska took another 2d8+4 = [3, 3] = 10 bludgeoning damage at the start of the elemental's turn.

:paranoia:

To be serious though, this isn't an unsalvageable situation. It's had some lucky rolls so far, but you still have a few options if you work together.

Also, I was thinking, and I'd be willing to allow you to use your Gloves of Swimming and Climbing to add +5 to your escape check, if you use Athletics. Since you'll technically be "swimming" free. Not a huge boon, but it might help.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

Well... Perhaps it's time to leave after all...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 am

Hmm, maybe it's time to use that Thunderstep, spider? That'll get us to the dark door at least, since that's the furthest thing in visual range.

I can hold Veska's action, and then we can book it as soon as you jump us out.

Afterward, we can find a spot to rest for a bit and try again if we want.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am

Yeah, thunderstep was my thought, as that's the only thing I've got that can get you loose. Unless the dark curtains block sound, the occupant is likely to hear us... We may need to book it for good, this might be a 'let's bring the team' job.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Hm! It followed us out of the room, which means Veska's invisible to it again!

You wanna try to take this thing on, with Veska in front and Kytiel shooting it from the back?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 pm

I'd need an action to swap weapons and go ranged, and crossbow limits me to one attack per round. Not sure the fog will allow for ranged attacks though?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 pm

I think when Dusk wrote "silence and fog" he was just talking about the darkness wall. We're pretty far away from the weird mind fog from before.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Nope, all the tunnels out here are still full of that strange persistent fog. Only the wind tunnel was exempt. That said, it won't actually have any effect here.

Mechanically, if both the attacker and target are blinded (as is the case with ranged attacks in fog), the advantage/disadvantage all cancels out into straight rolls.

Realistically, it's literally the size of the tunnel, so it would be hard to miss :P

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Oh, does that mean Veska wouldn't get any of the benefits from being invisible either, since the Elemental is obscured?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:49 pm

I'm gonna say melee range is only lightly obscured. Otherwise you guys wouldn't have been able to see your hands in front of your face this entire time :lol:

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 pm

If Kytiel can operate well enough to shoot, I'm willing to try, but it'll take a turn for me to switch weapons, and is Veska goes down, he's leaving. :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 pm

On second thought, it's only 30ft behind us, so we won't have enough time to prepare for it. Not yet, at least.

I was considering having Veska move ahead 20ft and stopping, standing between it and Kytiel, but since it's made of water it could probably just move through her space and go for him.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Slight edit to let Kytiel know where Veska's going, before she just leaves somewhere while invisible :shifty:

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Can Veska get a good idea which way is more likely to lead to an exit? Maybe there's a subtle incline, or she has some idea of where they are, under the city?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Soooo do you want to steal additional gunpowder/ingredients to make it?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Oh, right. I think that could be useful yes... :P

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Jax has no idea how much we have already, but sure :)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:47 am

If you guys want to source the gunpowder ingredients so Vatro can make it, here's what you already know between you;

Sulphur: Usually obtained from volcanic regions, it's a relatively common ingredient in alchemy. You'd probably be able to get some for a reasonable price from an alchemical shop.

Saltpeter: Can be found in waste deposits. So you could either extract it in trace amounts from fertiliser, or go on an expedition to somewhere with a lot of faeces...

Charcoal: Pretty self explanatory. You could probably make it yourself using the fireplace at the Safehouse. However, the more pure and finely ground your charcoal, the better quality your final product will likely be.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 am

I probably missed something, but do we need more gunpowder? What are we going to blow up?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 am

No clue on either of those questions :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am

Blow up every single vault door in our path, what else..? :P

Either that, or blow up an orphanage as a distraction. Uragh sees no issues.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:02 am

I've got a water elemental you could explode for us...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply