The Heist - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Ah, yes. Missed/forgot she's attacking unseen. Best Kytiel can do is two attacks for 1dX+4+1d6+3, where he crits on a 19 and 20. Suppose he could fight two handed without the + ability mod to BA attacks, in which case it'd be 2d6+4+3 on main hand, and 2d6+3 on offhand. Or greatsword for 2 attacks at 3d6+4+3 each, critting on 19 and 20. But that means no shield, and he's not all that great when it comes to AC.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12775

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 am

Part of me just wants to keep flinging insults at each other and become friends through that. That's how it works, right? :P

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16125
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 am

As far as I'm aware, yes, that's how friendships work :)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:02 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:51 pm
Ah, yes. Missed/forgot she's attacking unseen. Best Kytiel can do is two attacks for 1dX+4+1d6+3, where he crits on a 19 and 20. Suppose he could fight two handed without the + ability mod to BA attacks, in which case it'd be 2d6+4+3 on main hand, and 2d6+3 on offhand. Or greatsword for 2 attacks at 3d6+4+3 each, critting on 19 and 20. But that means no shield, and he's not all that great when it comes to AC.
On the plus side, you have Pact of the Blade, right? So your summoned weapons should count as magical. I'm pretty sure this thing is resistant to non-magical weapons. Only half of all that damage Veska is doing is actually going through, whereas you should be hitting for full.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:16 am

Double post, but where is Kytiel getting the extra 1d6 to his damage rolls, btw? As far as I can tell your damage should be 1d8+8 per hit?:
  • 1d8 from longsword
  • +4 from Charisma
  • +1 from using a +1 magic weapon
  • +3 from cursing the target.
Edit: Oh, Hex! My bad. I got Hex mixed up with your Hexblade curse. And Yeah I forgot Warlock has its own version of Hunter's Mark :lol:

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah, I'd forgotten about them being +1, my earlier "best I can do" was missing that, but was a combined hex and hexblade's curse.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:"That thing's too fast... I might be able to help some... but I'd be tapped for the next while on spells... and it'd make a lot of noise..."
I'll wait until I get confirmation from Dusk on whether Veska can get a shot off on it before replying.

If this water monster is what I think it is, though, I don't think Thunderstep will get us close enough to it anyway.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:09 pm

I'm not sure either, and was waiting on what you got to, but figured I should voice it on my turn. A 30ft run and 90ft teleport might get in range for another shot. I can't easily swap for ranged though, as it takes an action to do.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7815
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 am

Another Charisma check please, Thinks.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16125
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:46 am


User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:26 am

Added rolls to Veska's post, in case Kytiel also wants to continue. What is stealth? :lol:

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:45 am

Something I've got, at least! When they hear you splashing about, I'll strike from above!

If we thought that one attack of the bow was going to do the job, I probably could have gotten you in range to use a held action to shoot, but don't think it would have, so might as well save my slot. Need to kill it to get my hex back though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:56 am

The thing is this creature has a 90ft swim speed, since it was still 30ft away when we dashed after it. So if it's Dashing away, that's 180ft, and I wouldn't want you to risk Thunderstepping us to the next corner just for it to have already rounded the next bend.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:21 am

Right, it'd be highly contingent on there being a straight shot, and I'd only have been able to get us to the bend, since I need to see where I step to. Better to conserve the slot in case we need a quick exit. My other slot is tied up in hex until we kill it, but doesn't help me track it, unlike your mark.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7815
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 am

Sorry, I've got a busy week, so updates might be on hold until Saturday.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:33 am

Darn

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Would Veska be able to determine which tunnel the (potential) crawler was dragged through? Crawlers are pretty big, so maybe it scraped along the tunnel wall as it was being carried along.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7815
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 pm

You would have to stop and search (Survival check), which would cut into your breath time. But yeah, you could give it a try.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16125
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Anything going on with Jax right now or is he just wandering the streets uneventfully? (which is fine, incidentally, I'm just wanting to check I've not forgotten something).

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7815
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 am

Jax is just being dragged around by Lucas at the moment, yeah. If you want to have him ask about anything else, or go somewhere specific, just say. Otherwise I'll hold off on you going back to the inn until Vatro is done with his..."exploring".

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16125
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:14 am

That's fine, just checking in :)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7815
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:23 am

@Theis: If I'm understanding right, you want to loot all the empty rooms on this floor except one, and leave the book in that one to frame them?

If that's right, I want you to give me a Perception, Investigation, and Stealth check.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7212

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Yup, potentially also any other floor higher up. He can always jump out of the window if anyone goes after him and pretend nothing happened once he hits the ground :P

Vatro Perception, Investigation, and Stealth: 1D20+6+1D4 = [20]+6+[2] = 28
1D20+1D4 = [4]+[4] = 8
1D20+7+1D4 = [14]+7+[2] = 21 (23 with guidance)

So definitely not getting caught by accident, but I don't find anything worthwhile it seems :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:20 am

Does the trail continue with the wind or against it?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7815
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:01 am

Make another Survival check.

Post Reply