The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 am

"Pit to the left, ya say?" Veska asks suspiciously. "When we came up on that other tunnel, weren't there a pit on the right? So if we's did get turned aroun', then...?"

Veska puts down her rope project for now, trying to find the tracks she'd found earlier, when the left the previous tunnel. Do they seem familiar to the ones she supposedly left behind?

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16125
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 am

Jax grins and shrugs.

"A gentleman like Darius would never stoop to such petty crimes! Ah well. I've left myself an open invitation to see him again sometime soon. If necessary, it might give us a second chance at getting our hands on the invite. Course, it might just be easier to get ourselves invited or on the staff list at this point. It's a masked ball, innit?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:43 am

Veska and Kytiel

Pausing for a moment, Veska scans the tracks again. They're definitely the right ones, but...the more she studies them, the more sure she is that the direction they lead is back. Away from the wind...

Uragh, Jax, and Vatro

Discussions are had about sewers, Kobolds, and masked balls.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:31 am

Upon realizing she wouldn't have to dive into a wind tunnel again, she leans back against the cave wall, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Hah, thank whatever gods're listenin'. Well looks like we ain't gotta go back in there - tracks're leadin' back in the fog. Which means there's somethin' weird about it, 'cause ain't no way in Hell I'd get mixed up like on my own."

"So uh... how do we get through, ya think? I got nothin' fer blowin' this fog away. Maybe we leave a trail o' somethin' behind us so we know when we's turned around?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:14 pm

"Got ball bearings we can use. "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:25 pm

"That'll work," Veska says with a shrug. "Lemme just finish this up, an' we can get goin'. I can tie us to each other, so the fog don't split us up."

Assuming that's alright with Kytiel, Veska will take the time to finish her rope. As she says, she'll tie her and Kytiel together before once again leading the way into the fog.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:32 pm

He'll take to the floor this time, dropping bearings to the floor every 10 ft or so.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:34 am

Veska and Kytiel

As Veska finishes off her rope project, Kytiel takes some time to rest up and check his bag for bearings. And once the rope is finally completed, Veska ties the two together with it. It's not super high quality or anything, but she did pretty good for a DIY project with makeshift tools.

Veska gets 20ft of hempen rope.
Kytiel gets a Short Rest.


Setting off into the fog once again, Kytiel makes sure to drop the occasional bearing behind him as they advance.

((WIS saving throws from both of you, please.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:57 am

((I don't recall if I tried it before, but if light cast on a bearing would improve visibility, he'd do that. If it makes it harder to see, he'll slip that bearing into a pocket for now.))

1d20+4 = [3] = 7
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:14 am

Wisdom Save in foggy tunnel round two: 1d20 = [13] = 13

Veska keeps her wits about her roughly as well as last time, but maybe the extra preparation for not getting lost will help?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:07 am

Veska and Kytiel

Advancing methodically, Veska leads while Kytiel drops glowing "breadcrumbs" behind you. Again the fog seems to close in the deeper you go, confusing your senses heavily. And you both somehow find yourselves walking towards a familiar glowing ball bearing, despite being sure that you'd not turned off the correct path!

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:12 am

"Damn it, this stupid fog...."

Veska tries to re-find the tracks, once again attempting to push into the fog.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:29 am

Kytiel follows, making sure not to cast light on the next bearing until they have theirs (bearings, that is).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Veska and Kytiel

((Wisdom saves, please.))

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Wisdom Save in foggy tunnel round three: 1d20 = [2] = 2

Veska's mind is getting rather hazy as she progresses.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Veska and Kytiel

Getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of progress being made, the pair continue to bash their heads stubbornly against the problem. And in fact, Kytiel is so frustrated, he almost doesn't notice when Veska just kind of....turns around?

It happens to suddenly that, for a brief moment, he thinks that he's the one facing the wrong direction. After all, she the expert tracker here. Surely she knows the right way to go? But then he focuses into the mist, and....yeah, that's definitely the light for his bearing back there, radiating faintly through the thick mist.

Veska, meanwhile, is completely unaware that anything is amiss - only realising that Kytiel has stopped when the rope holding the two together pulls taught.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7212

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:18 pm

"A gentleman like Darius would never stoop to such petty crimes! Ah well. I've left myself an open invitation to see him again sometime soon. If necessary, it might give us a second chance at getting our hands on the invite. Course, it might just be easier to get ourselves invited or on the staff list at this point. It's a masked ball, innit?"

Vatro just looks at Jax as if he's stupid.

"You're not Darius though.. Think they take in wine connoseurs and their product into the party?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Kytiel points out the glow to get the tracker going in the right direction again.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 pm

"Huh? Ain't this the right way?" Veska looks confused for a few seconds. "...Ah, damn it all."

Veska turns around and proceeds to get on the right track again.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16125
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:56 am

"Not right now I'm not, no. But I could be."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Veska and Kytiel

After Kytiel corrects Veska, they continue down the correct path. And this time manage to overcome whatever "foggy" effect the mist is having on their minds, pushing past into what seems like a new tunnel? Though everything looks so similar down here, it's hard to tell the difference.

The tracks continue to twist and turn through the underground passages, seemingly endlessly. But then they....end?

Veska has to double back to check she didn't just take a wrong turn, but...nope, this was definitely the right tunnel. The deep scratches in the floor just seem to vanish halfway along, as if whatever caused them had disappeared into the aether.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16702

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 pm

((Is there anything above the tracks?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7816
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:49 pm

((...as in floating above them, oooor...?))

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5860

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:59 pm

"Huh...," Veska muses, as she stares at the remainder of the tracks. Then she looks at the walls and ceiling near where the tracks end. Crawlers could climb up onto the ceiling, so who's to say whatever's dragging this one along can't, too?

If that fails to yield any results, she'll try tracing a claw along where the tracks abruptly stop, wondering if this is some kind-of illusion. After that magical fog crap, she won't rule out the possibility. She'll even test the walls, and throw a rock or two up at the ceiling to make sure.

Post Reply