The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:46 am

Kytiel falls off the ceiling or something...

WIS Save: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 am

Jax will listen in and see if there's anything that may incriminate their little group, or new companion.

Perception: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9


Seems like he might be a little distracted...

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Uragh nods contentedly, wrapping the powderhorn up again, before safely stowing it away in his cloak.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, mr. Jormun. May you find yourself on many more successful ventures." he says, offering one last handshake. "In earlier days, I might have considered offering my services more directly."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 am

Veska and Kytiel

The fog seems to thicken as the two of you advance, your senses deadened heavily. For a brief moment you lose track of each other, and the path ahead. But luckily Veska manages to regain her bearings, finding both the scratches and the aimless Kytiel.

A few minutes later, something breaks the silence. A noise that makes your stomach drop. The familiar rushing of an intense wind, blowing through the tunnels up ahead...

Uragh

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, mr. Jormun. May you find yourself on many more successful ventures. In earlier days, I might have considered offering my services more directly."

Jormun eyes you up and down, then accepts your hand with a grin.

"And I would probably have taken you up on it. You seem very capable, Mr Uragh. Hopefully our paths cross again some day, when you find yourself more free."

"Grogun, show him out."


With a nod, the first mate gestures to the door - leading you back onto the deck and off the ship, your purchase in hand.

Jax

You try to eavesdrop on the witnesses, but Lucas chooses that moment to butt in.

"I'm very sorry, this was not quite the ending I had envisioned for our little tour. Please, don't let my misfortune keep you. Feel free to take your leave whenever you might wish."

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 am

"Hell, another one?!" Veska laments to herself as she proceeds. There's nothing for it, considering it's either she go through another wind tunnel, or she goes back through the one they already came from. That doesn't mean she won't complain about it, though.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:48 pm

"Indeed, this is not the end to the day I had envisioned. I do not think there is much more I can do here, and so I will take my leave. I shall stop by in due course to see how you are."

Jax leaves and heads for the safehouse, fairly certain he will not be seeing the historian again.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:51 pm

"If we can see another crossing tunnel, I can get us to it, but I'll be tapped on spells until we rest."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:58 am

Veska and Kytiel

"Hell, another one?!"

"If we can see another crossing tunnel, I can get us to it, but I'll be tapped on spells until we rest."

As Veska complains and Kytiel tries to be constructive about solving the problem ahead of them, they arrive at the source of the sound.

Yep, it's definitely another wind tunnel.

This time however, the wind seems to be blowing in the opposite direction: right to left. But you can't really look at the layout beyond without sticking your head through the fog, at the very least.

Jax (and Vatro)

"Indeed, this is not the end to the day I had envisioned. I do not think there is much more I can do here, and so I will take my leave. I shall stop by in due course to see how you are."

"Thank you, my friend. Here's hoping you have a better time in Farawlen than I..."

With a self-depreciating chuckle, Lucas turns back to the captain while Jax makes his leave.

Back at the Safehouse, you find Vatro deep in both his brewing process. And a few bottles of booze. It's hard to tell whether the strong smells are coming from the fermentation process or his breath.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm

((is he conscious?))

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 pm

"Alright, I ain't messin' 'round this time," Veska says determinedly, shrugging her pack off. "If ya need a damn rope but ain't got one, then ya make one."

Fishing out her bedroll, she sets to cutting it apart into long strips, fashioning it into a makeshift rope.

"Gotta say this's kinda suspicious, though. Two o' these damn tunnels? Hope that's the case, and we ain't got turned around in that weird fog, and we's just on the the other side o' the same one we came from."

Once she's done (hopefully) making a sturdy enough rope, she'll search around for a good place to secure it.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm

((If it's possible to peek out, Kytiel will, lying flat on the ground to keep from being swept down the tunnel.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 pm

((Posted in the wrong thread))

Jax will start removing his disguise as he talks. "Seems you had a productive afternoon, I just caught the aftermath. Find anything good other than old books?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Uragh leaves with little fanfare, soon heading in the direction of the slums, looking to make just the slightest detour back to the safehouse for safety reasons... But otherwise, that'd be his next destination, to store away the horn- And should he find any others, whether they think it'd be a good thing to acquire more...

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 am

Veska and Kytiel

Cursing their luck, Veska starts tearing up her bedroll to make a new rope.

Meanwhile Kytiel decides to just stick his head into the wind and see what's out there. The gale is just as strong as it was in the previous tunnel, but even with it hitting his eyes he's still able to get a pretty good view of what's beyond the fog.
On the left, about 10ft away, is a vertical pit which drops straight down. The wind is blowing towards it. On the right, there are two fog-covered exits opposite him - one 5ft up the tunnel, and another 10ft past that. Finally, the far end of the tunnel appears to be a dead end. At least from this angle.

((If you want to finish crafting the rope, it'll take about 30 minutes. But I'll say that's long enough for Kytiel to have a Short Rest, unless he has something else he'd like to do while waiting?))

Uragh, Vatro, and Jax

Leaving the ship, Uragh makes his way back to the Safehouse. On arrival, he finds Jax and Vatro discussing something in the makeshift brewery the wood elf had set up earlier.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:19 am

"Howzit look? We been turned around?" Veska asks, almost hopefully as she fiddles with strips of bedroll. "I don't think we been, but...?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:28 am

((If we are going upwind, I'd be able to get us to either of those first, to then could short rest and get back both slots... Any indication of tracks going left or right?))

"Pit that way, couple tunnels that way. I can get us to either of them if that's the way we're going."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:50 am

"What? I've just been brewing all day."

Vatro smiles innocently at Jax as he finds a good moment to stop what he's doing.

"But no, didn't find anything interesting beyond a purse and some nice stuff that could fetch a nice price with a fence. Wasn't sure about the books so I left one in some guys room to cause trouble. Couldn't find an invitation to anything as we discussed earlier."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 am

Uragh greets the two others, seemingly not interested in what exploits they've been up to themselves (at least, not at the moment), as he pulls the wrapped up horn out of his own cloak.

"I've gotten us a little something I think might prove useful if we're looking to break into a bank... Take a look." he says, offering the horn, carefully. "If we want to get more, we might need to act fat, though. Folks I purchased it from might be leaving this very evening."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:59 am

"No invitation? Shit... He must be carrying it on him. And speaking of which, what happened to the part of the plan where you pickpocket him?"

When uragh comes back:
"What is it?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 am

"Black powder. So I'd heavily advance against any fancy magics right now." he says, briefly lifting off the wrappings enough to show the powder within, before wrapping it off and finding a safe place to store it. "I'd bet we're gonna find at least one spot where that'll be useful, yeah?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:12 am

"I can see it's a black powder. What's it for?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:19 am

Uragh gives a bit of a dumbfounded look, as if Jax was the dumb half-orc in the room.

"We're gonna break into a bank. What do you think it's for?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:10 am

Jax scowls back at the uncommunicative half orc, interruping his conversation about thieving, and looks harder at the black powder.

1d20+4 = [18] = 22

"Ohh that stuff! I've only heard it called cordite..."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:14 am

"Oh- You meant you didn't know what it does..? My bad- Guess it ain't as common if you're not a sailor. Yeah- Thing goes boom, with a bit of fire. I'd figure that'll turn out to be useful, won't it..?"

"I've also been looking at a bit of a potential escape route... There's at least one grate that leads out to the river. It's locked, but I figure nothing that we couldn't break."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 am

"I were supposed to do that? Pretty sure I was just going to look through his belongings at the tavern. Besides you were the one with him, I'm sure you could have a chance to get at him.

I would be more comfortable with a more open escape route than the sewer system.. The scaly runt is likely planning an ambush to keep it all to herself and her kind. If we take routes inaccessible to horses then it should be easy to outrun the guards. Rooftop exits would be a breeze to use to get away."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply