The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Kytiel tries to climb up to see if he can see through any gaps into the tunnel beyond.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17223
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:42 pm

"My apologies ma'am, I didn't mean to startle you. No, I'm just out for a walk enjoying the sights of the town, but I seem to have got a little off track... Where am I, exactly?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7987
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Kytiel

Clambering up, Kytiel finds a sizeable gap that he can peer through. He can't see very far - there's not a clear line of sight - but that dripping is louder, and he can feel a faint breeze when he puts his hand over the hole.

Jax

"My apologies ma'am, I didn't mean to startle you. No, I'm just out for a walk enjoying the sights of the town, but I seem to have got a little off track... Where am I, exactly?"

"Ehem...you're in the northern Upper District. Not too far from Market gate. Do you...know where you're trying to get to?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:04 pm

"There's a breeze, might connect to the outside. If we can make a gap so I can see and I rest up a bit I can get us through."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:35 pm

"Really? Ya sure?" Veska can't help but let a little hope slip into her draconic voice as she asks. "Well awright, now we're gettin' somewhere!"

"You uh... just gotta see through to the other side, huh?" Veska asks, stepping uncertainly up to the giant mound of dirt, twice as big to her as it is to Kytiel. With a sigh, she clambers up to the top and starts getting to work. Lacking anything else, she'll use her crowbar as an improvised digging tool.
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17223
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:08 pm

"Haha! Not really. I was just enjoying the city, but it occurs to me that I might have strayed rather far from my inn. No matter. If I am in the north part of the Upper District then I should be just fine. It seems like a wonderful neighborhood! Do you ever see anyone famous up here? A house this fine must attract a great many exciting folk! I am really quite jealous of you!"

((I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm hoping Jax can pull something off :lol: ))

Persuasion: 1d20+11 = [8] = 19

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:14 pm

"Yeah... not ideal, and no guarantee it'll be any faster than spending an hour going the other way, but worst case, I can bring us back to this side if it's a dead end further up..."

Kytiel will work on shifting rocks at the top, summoning his pact weapon as needed to provide a pick, lever, etc. to shift those as best he can to get a line of sight to the other side. If more of a collapse seems imminent, he'll halt.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7987
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:46 am

Veska and Kytiel

Veska's natural instincts come to the surface, some animalistic part of her brain somehow enjoying the mindless digging as they excavate the tunnel. However, Kytiel is less prepared for the physical labour - the strain isn't too immense, but it does leave his muscles sore and fatigued.

Kytiel has 1 point of Exhaustion until his next Short Rest.

Eventually though, Veska shifts a particularly large chunk of stone, and a mini-rock slide occurs! Once it's all settled, they realise a small opening has appeared near the top. Wide enough for the Kobold to fit through, and possibly Kytiel at a bit of a squeeze.

Jax

"Haha! Not really. I was just enjoying the city, but it occurs to me that I might have strayed rather far from my inn. No matter. If I am in the north part of the Upper District then I should be just fine. It seems like a wonderful neighborhood! Do you ever see anyone famous up here? A house this fine must attract a great many exciting folk! I am really quite jealous of you!"

"Oh, uh...well, this is the Carmichael residence of course! Very important members of the city, they are."

The guardswoman puffs out her chest and stands slightly straighter, a bit of pride crossing her face. You notice the Carmichael crest pinned to the left breast of her uniform.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:01 am

If V says he can fit, Kytiel will slither through, but he'd been already planning on taking a rest soon to recover his magical energies.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:14 am

"Ha, I got it!" Veska pants from the top of the pile. "And it's big enough fer us to get through. You comin'?"

Veska wriggles through the opening she just made regardless, waiting on the other side for Kytiel if he comes along, or just to scout things out if he's staying.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7987
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:26 am

Veska and Kytiel

Veska rushes through the tight tunnel, leaving Kytiel to find his own way.

As she emerges on the other side, she sees a tunnel pretty similar to the one she was in previously. With one key difference - about 20-30ft ahead, the tunnel starts to slope sharply up. A small stream trickles down from out of sight, forming a shallow pool at the bottom.

Kytiel pops out a few minutes later, his body even more tender from squeezing between the tight, pointy rocks.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 am

"Yes!" Veska pumps her fist for herself in triumph. "Now to figure out where the Hell this goes."

Wasting no time, Veska will ascend the slope, hoping it leads to an exit!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Kytiel sighs and follows.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7987
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:32 am

Veska and Kytiel

Advancing forward, Veska peers up into the steep tunnel - the end of which disappears into the darkness above. It's not quite a 45 degree slope, but it's pretty damn close. And it only seems to get steeper the further it goes.

Also, that...that isn't water at the bottom. Well, not "fresh" water, at least....

((Athletics checks for climbing please.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 19, 2019 7:27 am

((Kytiel can walk on walls and ceilings.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 am

Is that sewage? Eugh, well if it is then that's a good sign, it means the sewers should be close! Veska clambers up the slope with her magic climbing gloves, eager to reach the surface and get backup. The sooner she can get the gang together to raid that underground... lab? The better.

Athletics (Climbing) to ascend steep tunnel: 1d20+7 = [8] = 15

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7987
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Veska and Kytiel

The pair begin climbing, albeit using very different methods.

They quickly find the ground beneath their feat quite loose, consisting mostly of crumbling rock and earth. Which isn't great when you're climbing an almost sheer surface. Luckily, their magic items help considerably - Kytiel walking up the considerably more solid ceiling, while Veska scrambles over the weaker sections before they can break away.

After what feels like hours of monotonous climbing through the twisting tunnel (but is actually more like half an hour), they reach the last stretch - an almost vertical 30ft shaft up into a jagged opening.
But again, it proves no challenge for the pair, and they soon pull themselves out of the broken hole into a brick tunnel. Veska immediately recognises the stonework as coming from one of the mid-upper sewage levels, in the Upper Quarter. It looks like the unstable ground caused part of the floor to collapse, creating the shaft down to the lower levels.

That's....convenient.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6095

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Veska brushes herself off after clambering up out of the collapsed floor. Idly, she wonders which of kobold packs' territory this is in, and whether they figure they're clever enough to fix this hole themselves. If not, some kobold's gonna have to get the guards' attention and get some masons down here, and that's always a fun time....

"Phew, awright, finally out. You good?" Veska quickly checks on Kytiel, invisibly. "C'mon, I'll lead ya back up top. Take a nap or whatever ya gotta do and grab our other guys. There's somethin' big down here, and it's gotta connect wit' the bank somehow."

With that, Veska starts leading the way back to the hideout, through the sewers.

"I'll stay down 'ere, I ain't wastin' more magic on disguises. Tell 'em to bring rope and climbin' gear while yer up there, buy some if they gotta. They're gonna need it fer gettin' down the hole, and if there's anymore damn wind tunnels."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20320

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 19, 2019 7:44 pm

"Yeah, I'm alright. Lead on."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply