The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 am


User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:12 am

Veska and Kytiel

As the water surges over her, Veska fights back...to no avail. She finds herself sucked up into the belly of the beast, suffering 10 bludgeoning damage and becoming submerged in the creature!

Kytiel (21)
Water Elemental (13)
Veska (5), 34/44hp, Grappled, Restrained
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am

Kytiel runs up, muttering under his breath as he casts hex on the water creature.

((Choosing to give it disadvantage on Strength checks... if it were a contested grapple check, it would have Disadvantage on its check to maintain grapple, but iirc, they use a passive Athletics check of 10 + STR. In other instances where you would have Disadvantage on a passive check, it's treated as a -5 (or +5 for Advantage), I'm hoping this can apply here...))

He swings down at the watery creature...

1d20+8 = [1] = 9

...but was apparently too concerned about Veska to connect on the first swing.

1d20+8 = [16] = 24
1d8 +5+1d6 necrotic = [8,3] = 16

((His pact weapon is magical.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am

Veska and Kytiel

Kytiel runs up and swings at the creature - his first attack going wide, but the second striking true. It definitely isn't happy about the attack, but it also seems a lot more solid than it did earlier. Looks like it's recovered somewhat from the damage it took previously.

In retaliation the water swings down at him, waves slamming into his side repeatedly to devastating effect! Kytiel (21), 6/38hp
Water Elemental (13), Slightly Injured
Veska (5), 34/44hp, Grappled, Restrained
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 am

Veska thrashes around as the Water Elemental crushes her inside of it. This wasn't going well. This wasn't going well at all.

Time to leave.

Through the Elemental's transparent form, she estimates how far away the door is. What're the odds she could get out of this thing and make it away? Not great. And what about her partner-

Veska's eyes go wide, remembering that spell Kytiel told her about. Something about jumping around and making a loud sound? Whatever, it's better than nothing! She reaches towards Kytiel, jabbing her other hand to point at the dark wall thing they entered the room from. Hopefully he gets the message?!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:09 am

Veska doesn't look good, and man did that elemental hurt! Kytiel knows he can't take another hit like that, and looks to the exit. He's much more used to working alone, but the little kobold's done right by him and he's not willing to leave her behind.

"Tonitrui Gradus!"

He extends the spell to include her, and they vanish with a crack of thunder to appear next to the black veil over the exit.

Thunder Step damage: 3d10 = [10, 3, 3] = 16

"You good to run?"

Kytiel runs through.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 am

Veska and Kytiel

As Veska flounders in the water, Kytiel reaches in and grabs her wrist, shouting some arcane words. With a thunderous boom, the two vanish - reappearing over where they first entered the room. The shockwave resonates in the stone chamber, the water monster crying out in a strange language that sounds like crashing waves and stormy seas. And the last thing the pair see before they dart through the doorway is a tidal wave, racing angrily towards them...

And then...silence. Silence and fog. The only sound is your footsteps, smacking into the rough stone was you dash away down the tunnel. At least for a few seconds, before you hear water crashing out into the tunnel behind you.

Kytiel (21), 6/38hp
Water Elemental (13), Injured, ~30ft behind (out of sight)
Veska (5), 24/44hp

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:11 pm

"So what would the plan be tonight for the finished product? Just buying the powder or steal it?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:17 pm

"Do we need more? That seems like... Actually I have no idea. What will this amount blow up?"

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:11 pm

As Veska darts through the wall of darkness, she winks out of sight again in the dark, foggy tunnel.

Picking a random direction that doesn't lead back to the wind tunnel. "This way!" She hisses in a hushed voice, sprinting for all she's worth!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Kytiel follows suit and books it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Veska and Kytiel

Deciding not to retrace their tracks, the pair race down the fog-filled tunnel, the sound of crashing waves following close behind. They soon reach another junction - left, or straight on?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

((Any thing stand out about left vs straight? Main thing I can think of is to avoid any standing water, this thing went crazy fast when it was able to swim before.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 pm

No obvious differences between them that you can see. Just a lot of fog and darkness.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Trusting to Veska's familiarity with the terrain, Kytiel hisses,"Which way?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Veska hesitates, eyes darting between the two tunnels. Suddenly she stops, thrusting a hand into her pack, yanking out a torch, and shoving it towards Kytiel.

"Light!"

Assuming Kytiel gets the hint, she'll then chuck the magically-lit torch down the straight-ahead tunnel, then tugs Kytiel left down the other tunnel, hopefully out of line-of-sight of the pursuing Elemental.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Kytiel claps a hand over the torch and obliges before heading as far as he can down the side tunnel.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Veska and Kytiel

In an impressive display of teamwork, Kyitel lights a torch with his magic that Veska then lobs straight down the tunnel in front of them. Before the pair dive down the sideways, hopefully out of the pathway of the rampaging wave.

((Stealth checks from both of you, please))

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:41 am

Veska and Kytiel

Ducking into the side tunnel, Veska and Kytiel crouch in the shadows, trying to make as little noise as possible. Luckily, the water monster doesn't seem too clever. They don't see it happen through the fog, but they do hear the crashing of waves rushing up to the junction....then past, towards the glowing torch.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:18 am

Time to keep moving!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:29 am

That ought to buy them some time, at least! Veska keeps moving, hoping to lose the Elemental long enough to get a minute to breathe. It only takes that long for her healing magic to run its full course!

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:41 am

Veska and Kytiel

As you travel deeper into the fog, the sound of crashing water fades into the distance behind you. The tunnel twists and turns, then begins to slope upwards. And as it does, you notice the fog beginning to fade...

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5855

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 am

An upward slope seems good! It's still a straightaway, though, so if the Elemental gets wise then it won't take it long to catch up. Best to keep moving until the duo happens upon something interesting.

Post Reply