Star Wars Saga Edition - The long Shot

Home to all current Forum Games.
Tea
Is Heard Often

Re: Star Wars Saga Edition - The long Shot

Post by Tea » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm

"The way I heard it, they're almost a legend. Years people learned to get ships to travel through hyperspace, they had this system of hyper-gates. Let them travel around like.....woooosh. If that's what Sal was researching...."

Yan tries to remember what planets the Gree had inhabited. Galactic lore: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Yan remembers that the Gree planets were largely in the Outer Rim, but is fuzzy on the specifics.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

The timy jawa bangs on the door, wanting to get out of his confinement and explore. He pushes a button: "I need assistance."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Tea wrote:"The way I heard it, they're almost a legend. Years people learned to get ships to travel through hyperspace, they had this system of hyper-gates. Let them travel around like.....woooosh. If that's what Sal was researching...."
"Then why would they put anything on Falsh Point..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 am

Lady Q sighs and puts on her helmet walking over to the door to see where the seam is...

If she can open the door with the jawa's help she will crack the door open slightly,looking out and making sure that outside isn't a blasting furnace of solar radiation called Flashpoint...

if not, she will call over to the other to assist but note to the jawa..."Need light for others to walk over..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:00 am

Her sense of sight alert to things seen and unseen, as Q walks over toward the door, she seems a square cube sticking slightly out of the wall. As she focuses on the door itself, she seems no seam other than between the floor and door. She peers through the door and can somewhat make out what is on the other side. The space on the other side seems to be the outdoors of whatever planet they happen to be on, as she senses vines and other creeping bushes growing up against the door.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Rando strides over to see what the issue with the door is.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Perception check.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:08 pm

As Rando walks over to the door, he sees the slightly protruding square cube sticking from the wall near the entrance to the door as well.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Rando rolls his cybernetic eye and punches the button.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Rando punches the button causing it to slide quite easily into a recess hidden within the wall. The room rumbles as the door, massive, large enough for a space shuttle to fly through slowly rises upwards. Light and warmth creeps into the room as you find yourself facing a giant jungle. Nuw and Q, closest to the door can see the trees of the jungle towering overhead and patches of pale light shining managing to shine down through the dense foliage.

The air is fresh, and breathable and the temperature is warm and muggy.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Turning, Rando extends a hand outward. "After you."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Nuw jitters with excitement and awe, looking at the lumbeing forest. He runs out of the door, looking around. He goes over to a nearby tree and touches it.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Nuw jitters loudly and runs excitedly out of the giant door and touches one of the towering trees, which is as big around as a shuttle. The tree is rough to the touch.

Somewhere, deep within the jungle, a high pitched growl sounds, as if alerted by unfamiliar sounds.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:23 pm

As soon as Nuw hears the growls he presses himself against the tree to hide and starts sneaking.

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [4]+13 = 17
Bad roll, reroll!

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [13]+13 = 26
Much better ^_^

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Yan emigres from his thoughts and jogs to catch up with the others. Hearing the growl, he readies his rifle and scans the trees for signs of hostile fauna. Perception: 1D20 = [17] = 17

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:37 am

As the rest of the party, sans Q, crashes out into the jungle fauna, whatever had been awoken decides that being outnumbered doesn't sound like a wise move and bounds off even deeper into the depths. It's departure is quiet as it moves further into the forest.

Nuw throws himself against the tree and somehow manages to blend in with the rough bark.

Rando isn't able to place the species of animal.

Yan points his rifle around cautiously, but other than hearing the animal retreating isn't able to see anything.

Behind you, the stone monolithic structure rises above you, it's exterior blending in with the colors of the trees, set into its side is a stairway leading up towards the top of the canopy.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:23 am

Nuw looks at the ofhers and then the stairs, then back to the others. He goes up to Q and gently tugs on her pants and points to the stairs.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:54 am

Lady Q takes off her helmet and puts it back in her flight bag before pulling her blaster and heading outside. She turns and heads up the stairs, keeping herself flattened against the wall with her weapon pointed upwards.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Rando doesn't crash, he walks with the calm grace of a natural hunter... His cybernetic eye is doing backflips at the theatrics of some of the others.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 am

Turning around, Yan gapes openly at the monolith. The room they were in before was giant, and that was just one. There might be many such rooms in the ruins! As he lumbers up the stairs, he looks around for signs of more recent explorers (Perception: 1D20 = [18] = 18) and tries to hide his excitement that this might be an undiscovered ancient Gree ruin.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 am

Hours pass as the group makes their way up the stairs. Gradually, they find themselves higher and higher into the foliage until sunlight bathes them in its warm rays. Here, above the canopy, the jungle stretches out for miles in all directions, they see the top of the stairs in sight, putting a small pep in their steps as they finally arrive at the top. At the top, they can finally see that the monolith is slightly angled towards the peak, like a gradual pyramid. Arriving at said peak, they see the dusty remains of what could have possible been a small landing pad of some sort. A large central cylinder, sits at the very central of the structure, forming a long low seat maybe 100 meters in diameter.

Everything is covered in vines and creepers of one sort or another and has the look of not having been set foot on in years. Looking back you can see a path that you feet are making in the dirty dust that covers everything.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 am

Yan fails to wipe a very large silly grin off of his face and is practically doing a little jig. Maybe this job isn't going to be so bad after all....