MotBM (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: MotBM (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Ok, PMs are sent!

We'll start the game on Monday (NSF is out of town till then anyway and that'll give us time to resolve any issues or queries arising from the PMs).

One very last thing: Could you please make sure your age is listed on your character sheets?

We'll also be using the default rule for encumbrance:
phb wrote:Carrying Capacity. Your carrying capacity is your Strength score multiplied by 15. This is the weight (in pounds) that you can carry, which is high enough that most characters donÔÇÖt usually have to worry about it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm

thinkslogically wrote:When you get a chance, please list out the amount of food and water you each have. We'll be tracking that :)
This bit have anyone else nervous? Unfortunately, I don't think that Ah'sereen would have much more than the starting equipment's worth of rations with her, if this wasn't projected to be more than a quick job...

Thinks, as far as limiting magic items we start with, does this apply to healing potions as well?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Let's just start you out with 1d4+2 (normal) healing potions for the group. It's not much, but will hopefully be enough for M0rt not to be stuck doing healbot duties the whole time, and should buy you a little insurance. First person to post a roll determines the number :)

Combat isn't really the name of the game here though, so hopefully you'll not be needing them too regularly. Maybe? To be honest, I've read the whole book through and I have literally no idea what's going to go down once you get inside :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:32 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!

Welcome to the dungeon of Terrible Things I guess :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Like I said before: worst case scenario, my cleric will have access to a spell that could mitigate that. Ideally not, though, since it would waste one of her spells per day... And that's assuming that Thinks doesn't make a ruling about it, in which case "Well shit". My character also doesn't have much reason to be carrying around a lot of rations. :lol:

Anyways, you just HAD to mention it, didn't you Spider? I was going under the assumption it'd be okay since it's just in the regular equipment list, but I suppose I can remove that from my inventory now... :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Which spell? As long as it's legal (from the published books), I'm not changing a thing :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Oh yeah, that's fine :)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Hmm....
Maybe I should point out at this time that my guy's equipment list includes 2 healing potions and 10 days rations and a water skin? Due to ...personal circumstances... and few years more running around, he's a bit more inclined to the pessimistic and was prepped to get out town fast in case they got caught in the act. Unless Thinks wants me to redo the list?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 pm

I've added to my equipment list if you're tracking such things, Thinks. I'm 20.5 lb under my carry threshold, but picked up a few more items I felt that Ah'sereen may carry for contingencies.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 am

Soooo....I guess the 3 Potions of Healing in my inventory should be removed then, huh? If we're limiting the group to only 3 of them?

On the bright side, suppose that solves my money problem. I might buy that brazier now after all... :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 am

Yeah, this is supposed to have more of an old school feel, so staying alive is challenging :) of you have extra healing potions please remove them and we'll stick with the starting 3.

As for rations... You guys don't need to limit them really, but it'd be nice to know why Dain is carrying 10 day's worth for a simple theft. Is he just super greedy?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:45 am

Cool, I'll take off the Potions then (and swap in the brass brazier).

And Warryn has 14 days of Rations for the same reason he has the brazier - he's a paranoid bastard with (effectively) unlimited carrying capacity. Why wouldn't he carry around a bunch of spare, non-perishable food in case of emergencies? :roll:

(I mean, if I had a Bag of Holding, I'd fill it with all sorts of snacks and cans of food :lol: )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:52 am

If I had a BoH (irl, or in game), I'd be doing the same! Ah'sereen just has that 8 STR to work with, so hauling around the a month's worth of food while parkouring across rooftops and whatnot doesn't seem to fit.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 am

So, who wants to start out with the healing potions? Obviously Aura should probably have one, as the team's (only) healer. And Art too - being a fighter he probably expected to be in a battle at some point tonight, so him carrying one makes a lot of sense.

But the last one I'm not sure about, since none of the rest of us are very combat-focused...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 am

I'll remove the healing potions from inventory then. The food, well this is a sketchy operation. If their cover was blown, Dain was prepared to just pretend he didn't know anyone and just walk away from the mess. Then once out of sight, he'd skip town without even going back to the Inn. He'd be long gone and on his way to a distant town before the authorities put two and two together (knocking on wood). Nothing like an angry lynch mob to encourage a desire to see new places! :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 am

People are going to be very confused when they discover that the fancy art-heist was conducted by a bunch of backpackers :lol:

It's fine, I'm going to assume you hid grab-bags somewhere sensible and picked them up on your way back to the meeting point or whatever.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to lift the famous ugly painting 'False Chanteuse', escape without detection, and then rendezvous with your unknown contact in a otherwise nameless abondoned crypt. As always, if any of your team is caught or killed, we will disavow any knowledge of your actions." :P Sounds legit.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am

Lurks, can you confirm that the "Alchemical Fire" listed in your gear is this: "Alchemist's Fire" and not something weird from a different source?

EDIT: M0rt: Your explorer's pack already contains a tinderbox. Did you want to have two or was that just a mistake? Cos it'll save you like 5sp :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 am

I suppose I'll edit my inventory and save myself 5 silver pieces. :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:44 am

Such wealth :lol:

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:48 am

Yes, that's the stuff. Don't know why they called it that instead of the Alchemist's Fire. Just out of curiosity, what would it cost to change Dain's warhammer to a +1 or +2? Not sure I want to do it, yet.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:07 am

It (+1 weapon) would count as your uncommon magical item, so we'll say 300 GP same as for the others. I don't think you picked a magic item yet, right?

+2 is rare, so that's too much.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Ok, so I guess Dain's arcane focus is his wand, right?

Dain's spells that have material component requirements (that can't be covered by the arcane focus) are:

1. Find familiar (needs that brass brazier)
2. Illusory script (needs a lead-based ink worth at least 10gp that the spell consumes)
3. Glyph of warding: Requires incense and powdered diamond worth at least 200 gp, which the spell consumes.

I don't see your components listed on you sheet, so I assume you haven't purchased them yet? They will need to come out of your starting gold though.

I'm assuming everyone else has checked their spell lists for components with a gold cost? If they're not on your sheets when you enter the dungeon, I'll be assuming you don't have them :)