MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 am

"Yeah..." is all Aura says, agreeing with a nod. "The best way to have it done would be to send a message to one of my allies in the real world... But that'd require us to rest- And that the woman has not done something to the painting..."

"Let us try and go east, then- Find this almery..."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 am

((there aren't any exits from this main chamber, but you should be able to backtrack a bit and wind your way to where you want to go))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:56 am

"Don't like the way she said "strange delusions" either. Made it sound normal. If everyone else has been in here long enough for that to happen, it's no wonder they're all crazy."

"Didn't you say that dragon woman wanted some art? This Gallery sounds like as good a place to go for that as any."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1886
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 pm

"Yes, gallery sounds like art. What is an 'almery'? I know not the word."

Art doesn't care which of the two we go to, he will follow whoever leads the way.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Dain's eye get a bit of glint. "It be a type of storage room attached to a chapel or a church. It's where they store the sacred objects at. Could be some rather portable....and possibly very valuable....artistic work there. Depends on which god or gods are being venerated."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:47 am

((Ok, you guys have done some chatting, but no-one's posted an action. What would you like to do?

In terms of moving onwards, you can head east past the stone head and the little library of books and explore in that direction; backtrack past the hanging corpse and try and wend your way west, or try and enter the large chamber to the north where Chronia and Fracture seem to be living. She's been talking to you from a distance so far, through the doorway)).

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:48 am

Aura would go east past the stone head.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1886
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:12 am

Art follows Aura. Once away from the 'dog' does he start feeling any pain from his wound?

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:19 am

The group make their farewells and return to the room with the Stone Head. From here, there are two exits leading east that you haven't tried yet. One set close to the north wall, and one set close to the south.

Art doesn't feel any particular pain from the wound yet, but he does start to feel like it's starting to itch, deep inside the wound... It's becoming annoying.

((Make a CON save please))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1886
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:23 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:27 am

Art absent-mindedly scratches at the bite.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1886
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:47 am

Art will look through the exit that is set closest to the north wall.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 am

While Warryn checks out the South exit.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Art checks out the exit to the north. In the middle of the corridor, he sees a strange pentagrammatic symbol on the floor, seemingly made from dust, that is endlessly forming and renewing itself. It is about five feet across and takes up almost the full width of the corridor. Also here is a small side table, on which you spot a small glass vase. There seems to be a piece of paper underneath it and you catch a glimpse of some letters scrawled onto it, but you can`t read anything from here. Beyond the pentagram, you see an exit leading north, and another leading east.

To the south, Warryn follows a short, winding corridor a little way until it opens out southwards into a large, room. In the center of the room is a vast, stone head, which to your eyes appears to be truly ancient. There are words carved around the base of it, but you can't make them out without entering the room. Another corridor opens leads onwards to the south.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1886
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Once Art sees the pentagram on the floor he stops and takes in everything he sees.

"It looks like magic in this hallway again. A moving dusty pentagram on the on floor. One of you magic types should probably come and take a look. It means nothing to me, except I'm sure more shenanigans."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Dain looks interested at this.
"Let me take a look then."

arcana: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:15 pm

The moving sigil on the floor gives Dain an uneasy feeling as he looks at it. The glyph itself seems like it's a some kind of ward against evil that is designed to target creatures that enter its range. It seems designed more to restrain than to damage though, so that's something I guess.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:05 pm

"Some kind of ward. Seems to be targeted against evil creatures and it's supposed to catch rather than kill." He shakes his head. "Something about that thing bothers me though...."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:49 am

"It's only against evil creatures, right..? You sure?" Aura asks... Needing that bit of confirmation before even daring to step forward. Moving closer to inspect the table and it's vase, carefully prodding at the latter with her mace...

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Keeping control:
Yay (1) or Nay (2): 1D2 = [2] = 2


Aura looks for confirmation about the sigil, as she turns her attention to the parchment. A stab of fear strikes her as shoves her mace towards it, and in a sudden act of terror, she smashes it down on the table sending splinters of wood and broken glass across the floor. The parchment falls to the floor, unfolding once as it does, and revealing more writing.

The sigil doesn't mind.

The realisation of what she's done seems to shake Aura back to reality.

((She is no longer affected by the curse effect))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7813
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Seeing how the others all went the other direction, Warryn opts not to step into the probably-trapped room all alone. He just sends Erik inside in his stead! Assuming nothing deadly happens, the weasel runs up to the head and stops, allowing Warryn to read the inscription through Erik's eyes from the safety of the corridor.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:13 am

Aura just... Stands there for a couple moments, recuperating... Before deciding to check out what's on that parchment.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:29 am

Dain cocks an eyebrow at her. "Problem, missy? Or do you just have really strong opinions about furniture?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1886
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:50 am

"What happened?" asks Art in confusion. He moves ten more feet into the room in case he is missing something and Aura needs help with some problem.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:42 am

Ah'sereen follows along, heartily regretting this whole venture.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply