MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 am

Art steps forward into the doorframe and the strange, twitching, dog-like creature flares a ridge of small of blunt spines along its spine and growl-whines and bounces around a bit. Through the doorway, he sees a room lined with bookshelves, containing books of many shapes and sizes and bindings. It is dimly lit from a brazier hanging from a long chain in the middle of the ceiling that emits a pleasant-smelling smoke.

The 'dog' wags its tail and leaps towards Art, who suddenly finds himself staring at a rather large, lolling tongue and more needle-like teeth than he can remember seeing in a mouth...

((Make a DEX save please, NSF))

A young woman, wearing absolutely nothing steps into the far doorway, about 40 feet away. She appears to be in her early twenties, with long, flowing hair. Warryn and Dain feel a powerful magical aura emanating from her.

"...Can we pet the dog?"
"...His name is Fracture-of-the-Bone and he's not really a dog. I'm not sure what he is, really. Be careful with him, he can be a little enthusiastic. But he swears he is harmless, and he is so adorably cute don't you think?"

But tell me, who are you? I so rarely get to talk to visitors these days! I haven't even had letters since- "

She stops suddenly.

"Well, never mind her. Tell me about your travels! You must have seen many exciting things!"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun May 13, 2018 11:42 am

Dain looks at her with a wary curiosity. What is it with these human type women and their lack of clothes? The sense of power associated with this one makes him leery.
"My name is Dain, Mistress. Pardon my boldness, but who....WHAT are you?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 14, 2018 2:49 am

Aura tries to relax... Somewhat at the sense of... Normalcy? Was this what normalcy felt like? It most definitely wasn't utterly normal, but compared to what they've seen so far, it might as well be. She's mostly just trying to overcome the fear still raging within to try and pet the... "dog". Or take some cautious steps backwards, instead.

"Ah, we've... Only just got here. My name is Aura. So far we've encounter mostly odd things, and we're looking for a way out..."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1100
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon May 14, 2018 5:37 am

Dex Save: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4


OOO. This will be cuddly and fun.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:03 am

Warryn regards the naked woman and dog-creature with disdain, staying near the back of the group. After what happened with the last clothes-less human they encountered, he wasn't letting his guard down for a second.

That said, those books looked intriguing. Trying not to attract any attention, he slips over to take a closer look at the spines of the books. In particular he's searching for something relating to this "prison-labyrinth" they're stuck in, or failing that, some magical tomes he can learn from.

Investigation check: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 am

The "dog" lunges at Art, it's rows of needle-teeth easily finding a gap in his heavy armor.
It hurts a lot (12 total), but only for a moment because after the initial stabbing pain, Art feels a warm sense of euphoria wash over him. The "dog" sits and looks up at him wagging its tail happily as its tongue lolls out the side of its mouth. It's really quite adorable. Probably just needs a firmer hand to keep its exuberance in check is all.

Attack: 1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6


((The dice were really not your friends in this!))

Dain steps forward and addresses the woman.

"My name is Dain, Mistress. Pardon my boldness, but who....WHAT are you?"

"Oh how wonderful to meet someone who does not know me! I am Chronia. My sisters and I ruled the Torn Empire once. They called us perfect, but still, we were betrayed and brought here. Apparently you can have too much of a good thing! Still, I don't mind it here. Our hostess is quite delightful. Was."

A momentary flicker of some painful emotion flashes over Chronia's face, and she casts a look at Fracture.

"Well, at least I've still got this silly mutt to keep me comfortable!"

Warryn casts a look over the library. There is a small, strange array of books, tablets and a host of unlikely items here, covered in texts from any number of strange languages, most of which are nothing like any he's ever seen before. He does spot a couple of texts in the common tongue, but they appear to be a collection of tragic romance novels written on slivers of polished coal, where the protagonists always die at the end, following a series of unlikely misunderstandings.

Aura is indecisive for a bit, before getting a grip on herself again and speaking up:

"Ah, we've... Only just got here. My name is Aura. So far we've encounter mostly odd things, and we're looking for a way out..."

"Oh my dear, that is something you are quite unlikely to find for this is the Medusa's prison, and she does not let her treasures leave! Fracture has searched, and the maze is quite secure I assure you."

Muttering under her breath, she adds: "She gets bored of them quickly enough though"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon May 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Dain tries to remember anything about a "Chronia" or the "Torn Empire"
Arcana: 1d20+6 = [12] = 18

He gives the 'dog' an icy glare. "I prefer cats. Just steer clear of me, bucko, and we'll do fine."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Aura, for a moment, looks as if she's about to say anything... And then shuts up, seeming to think better of it. Some gears have gotten ticking, though.

"So, you were... In the real world once, a long time ago, right? You got brought in here? But... I don't think that's how everything in here was created, right..?" she asks, as a first question- But more were probably gonna come up later... Assuming she managed to keep a control of her nerves, at least. Really, this was just... Unfitting of a paladin.

Post Reply