MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Art walks back out of the room, the darkness seeming to cling to him like a thick liquid. In his hands he is holding a delicate glass vase with the fragile remains of an ancient flower still inside. The flower looks rather damaged from being bumped into, but not so badly you can't tell what it used to be.

((Make a CON save please Art))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11985

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:01 pm

((I'm wondering if Aura should accidentally enter the room with the guy you last killed, too... And if so, I'd probably have to do a 1d2 roll to see if she'll go berserk against it. :shifty: I suppose she'll just stay near the back for now, though, unless you think I haven't done that roll for too long now. :P))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:56 am

((Nah, you're ok for now :) ))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1371
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Constitution save: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18

Hmm...
Art looks closely at the vase and flower remains.

"Seem like a strange thing to be in this dungeon. We haven't found much in living quarters yet. It felt like I bumped into a table of some kind, where I found this." he states to the others by him.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 am

The darkness peels slowly away from Art and his old vase.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1371
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 am

Ewww....you mean the darkness stuck onto Art for a bit once he walked out of the room?

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 am

Yup. Like a gross, clingy shadow :D

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7468
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:06 am

Can Warryn examine the flower to try and figure out whether it's special/important? What sort of roll would that be?

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 am

Depending on the roll, you'll get different information. Any intelligence check is fine.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7468
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:26 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:29 am

You look carefully at the flower, but get no sense that there's anything magical about it. In fact, it just looks really, really old and fragile. The vase is similarly mundane.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5201
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 am

Just for jollies, Dain tries firing his Ray of Frost across the darkened room to see what kind of effect it has. ((Bright light + extreme cold)).

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 am

Give me an arcana check please.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7468
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:37 am

"...looks like an ordinary flower to me. There must be something else in the room absorbing all the light. And I'd rather not stumble through blindly without knowing what else is in there."

Investigation check (flower): 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 am

((what exactly are you investigating?))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7468
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 am

((The flower :P ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 am

Gotcha.

Warrynlooks more closely at the fragile flower, leaning in close to get a better look. It appears to be utterly ancient, and after a few more moments of being held (even in its vase), it gives up and collapses into dust.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5201
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 am

Dain casts his ice spell into the room. It seems to slow momentarily as it enters the darkness, but it might be his imagination. Either way, it quickly vanishes from sight, and doesn't reappear. There is a loud thump and shattering sound from inside the room though. It sounds like he hit something.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5201
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Dain looks intrigued. [glow] "I wonder what that was?"[/glow] he mutters. He repeats his experiment with another ray of frost.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Are you shooting in the same direction?

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5201
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 pm

More or less, although not precisely the exact same place. He's just kind of randomly shooting across the dark room.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11985

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:55 pm

"Oh, are we just throwing spells now? Is that what we're doing?" Aura asks... "Chiming in" as she's gonna see if throwing in a sacred flame does something.

(Not sure if we'd even be able to see it as it's not really a projectile, it's more like... Mark something and it gets hit from above, from it's description?)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14394
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:57 pm

((ok!))

There's another flash of the spell, another miniscule pause, and a far louder smash. You're not sure what you're breaking, but it's definitely more than icicles.

Without a target, Aura attacks the darkness. Nothing obvious happens.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11985

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:59 pm

"Okay, so holy magic isn't enough to pierce whatever this is. That's it for me."

Post Reply