MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm

((Ah'sereen will back up, as there are lots of folks with lights crowding in to have a look at the room.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12066

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Aura will just hang back for now. She's still a bit shaky... :roll:

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((Ah'sereen will back up, as there are lots of folks with lights crowding in to have a look at the room.))
How far do you want to back up? Into the corpse room, or to the room with the spilled backpack full of shiny things no-one looked at?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:37 pm

((Probably regret it, but..))

Oooo! Shinies! Ah'sereen heads there.

((Though I think I do want to visit the corpse room for backstory development reasons... at some point.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm

((Sure thing :) You've probably figured out how it works by now, so just find an excuse to wander up to it when you're ready))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Ah'Sereen looks at the backpack and the shiny things spilling out of them. There are four palm-sized metal circular discs, with an oddly entrancing spiral pattern traced across the surface.

((Make a WIS save please))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:50 pm

All right, pick your favourite number between 1 and 4 :D

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:53 pm

((Lets go with 3.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Dazed and unthinkingly, you wander off to the north, the corridor bends to the east and you find yourself in a room with a large stone head in it. There is another exit to the right.

((I'll take another WIS save))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5316
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:11 pm

((Is Ah'Sereen visible to the party when she get's dazed? In other words is there a chance someone noticed her acting like a stunned duck and wandering off?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Nah, there's a shouty corpse in the room behind you and you're all staring at a black room. You'll notice she's not there, but you won't know where she went.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 pm

((Wait... what the fork?!))

WIS Save: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Ah'Sereen shakes herself out of whatever weird trance that was.

((You remember everything you did and are free to move again)).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Ah'sereen hurries back, taking care not to look at the discs. As she heads back to report to the others, she passes near the hanged mannequin.

"What? Where am I? Who are you?", a middle aged noblewoman looks around in confusion, her fancy dress stained down the front with blood flecked spittle.

"You're dead. One of them killed you.", Ah'sereen says quickly, avoiding eye contact while pointing at the others before trying to move out of her range.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 pm

((You can step behind Art if you want to put someone else closer to the corpse than you. But she would be rather more accusatory... Also, I assume you''re describing poison?))

"I know you! You did this! You POISON... -"
"-MY BLOODY LEG!!..."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1417
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 am

"Oh, gods, that thing is annoying. Yes, we all know we've all killed someone. None of us think we are 8 year old elven children living in Percivale. We've all done things, and because of that we're all still here." He then tunes out the corpse and moves into the dark room, staying near the wall, moving east, but not walking into the center area of the room. Does he notice anything different? He will only go about 10 feet to the east

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:15 am

Even knowing it's likely pulling from each of their own memories, Ah'sereen is a bit startled by the accusation, the woman never saw her, she's been careful enough to see to that. Slip in, slip out, no one the wiser. Of course, she never saw the body, was that just her imagination, or is it that how she looked in death?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am

((Give me an int check, spider))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:52 pm

As Art steps carefully into the black room (walking west), he makes a DEX save...

Outside, the half-orc stops yelling and you all hear the female voice start again.

"What kind of coward would murder someone in such a pathetic manner..."

((Still waiting on an intelligence check for Ah'Sereen in case you missed it))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15084

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:09 pm

((Saw it between two lab practicals, set up for tomorrow's, and a lecture, so totally forgot with all the TSW posting!))

Int: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:45 pm

...The woman you killed can't have known it was you, but if you never saw her face... You realise that you are finding it very difficult to make out her specific features, and wonder if this isn't some kind of projection from your own mind.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1417
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 pm


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14668
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Art bumps into what feels like a table with something on it, but keeps his balance and instinctively reaches out to catch whatever was on top. It feels like a glass jug or vase.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1417
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 pm

He will keep hold of what he grabbed. "I'm ok so far," he states to the rest of the group who are close enough to hear. "I found something like a table. Stay put, I'm heading back to you so I can look at this." Since he hasn't walked far yet, he will try to back track to the doorway he just came from.

Post Reply