MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:15 pm

"If you've had enough visiting, can we get going? We need to go through this room?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:20 pm

"Yes, I think I'm starting to get the point by now... It's trying to make everyone feel bad. Let's just... Move on."

(Are there any exits in this room?)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 pm

((Yup, so you have actually got a new exit to the west from the hanged-man room (which is to the west of the backpack room). From the room with the spilled backpack, you can go south to the windy pit, east to return the way you came, or north then east to head to another new area. Since this is getting complex, I'll give the map an update the now. Should have something for you guys in 20 mins on the front page post.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:59 pm

((Hanged guy is a dead end alcove?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Sort of - you can pass through that room to the west, but there's nothing behind the hanged man that you saw.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 pm

((That's what I was thinking... room farther on, he's in an alcove off to the side with nothing behind him.))

Ah'sereen, crossbow at the ready, heads towards the room farther on, alert for any bad spoons.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Ah'Sereen walks into a room that is completely black. A lantern hangs from the ceiling, shining as usual, but the light just doesn't seem to make it into the room. Two passageways open up leading north; another opens up to the west, but while you can see the light through each passageway, none spills into the black room in front of you.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:45 pm

"Fork."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Dain flips the simulacra of Jelrak the bird and proceeds chuckling down the hall. He looks in the room with Ah'Sereen with a certain amount of interest. "Might want to be careful, missy. Might be a big hole in the floor in there."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:34 am

((you two can give me perception checks if you'd like))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 am

Ah'sereen is really creeped out by the darkness.

Perception: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 am

Dain is... not a terribly perceptive person.

Perception:1d20-1 = [11] = 10

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am

As you speak, neither of you get the sense that the space in front of you is particularly large. There's no echo, and your voices carry as they normally would in a small room.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1100
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 am

Art follows after the other two, glad to be past the hollering dead man.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am

If Ah'Sereen and Dain aren't actually entering the room, Art is back in the line of sight of the Hanged Man. ...Who starts yelling again.

"...Yeah you get back here! I wasn't done talking to you yet, you damn coward!"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 am

Ah'sereen pulls out one of her ball bearings and lobs it into the room, listening to see if it hits the floor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 am

It does. It plinks around a little bit before going quiet.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

"No hole there at least...Anyone got another source of light?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

Warryn follows the others, standing at the threshold of the doorway. Unnerved by the obviously magical darkness, we tries sending some Dancing Lights into the room.

((Dancing Lights shed dim light in a 10ft radius, and I've got 4 of them. Also I'm assuming my Darkvision doesn't work?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am

((Make an arcana check))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am

((Is Warryn getting berated now?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 am


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 am

Aura is going to be casting light on her own signet ring as well- Although she doesn't expect it to pierce the darkness where others failed.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 am

Warryn sends his magical lights ahead and watches as they float into the room beyond and dim. It's hard to see through the three others in front of him, but the fact that you can still see the dancing lights tells you that this isn't magical darkness... at least, not as you understand it. You can see the lantern on the ceiling, and can see light in the passageways leading out of the room, and that wouldn't be possible if this was caused by a darkness spell. It's more like all the light in the room is just being absorbed somehow. It seems to just be a very, very black room.

The half-orc stops yelling as Warryn crosses the floor, but no-one's paying a great deal of attention to it anyway. After a few seconds, a new voice screams: "YOU!! I WANT A WORD WITH YOU!"

((Yes, Warryn is about to be yelled at :lol: This is the last person he killed - who is it and what happened?))

Aura casts light on her signet ring. ((Is she also crowding into the tiny alcove with the hanged man? Ah'Sereen and Dain are currently blocking the doorway to the Black Room))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7079
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 pm

The corpse appears to be that of a city guard, a human dressed in basic metal and leather armour. However the metal is blackened with soot, and the leather charred badly. The man's face is heavily scarred by burns, the hair and beard that remains scorched by what was obviously a powerful blast of flame.

"THIEF! Don't think I've forgotten you! I know it was you who-"

"Shut. Up. Your demise was your fault, and yours alone. The barrel was obviously smoking - all you had to do was back off and hide from the blast. Then get some water and put out the flames. But noooo, you had to be a fool and open it."

"Now be quiet. The living are busy."

Post Reply