MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Dain cocks an eyebrow up, reaches up and scratches his chin. "Art, perhaps you'd like to introduce me to your... 'friend'... here?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Ah'sereen joins the others in watching a dead guy berate one of the members of the group.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Art is obviously somewhat upset as you've not heard him yell before.
Hearing Dain's question, Art takes a breath then answers, "It is not what it seems. It looks like a bandit that attacked me a while back. He is dead. It's playing with my head..."

Looking back at the 'orc' he says with a sneer, "The orc deserved to die. He was preying on innocents and would have killed me had I let him."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:25 pm

"Pfft! Listen to this guy! Can you believe it! I was just going to rough you up a bit and take your stuff! But now I'm dead and you get to swan around in here on two legs being all alive and breathing and shit. Well, good for you Mister I-Can-Afford-Food!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 pm

"It does seem more like some kind of phantasm than an actual... Something." Aura states herself. Which means a lot given the person in question.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:22 pm

"An experiment then!" Dain says brightly.
He turns to the half-orc and grins nastily. " A corpse are you? Well, a corpse should be seen, not heard."

chill touch attack: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

chill touch damage: 2D8 = [8, 1] = 9

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:50 pm

((Nothing to see here))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:34 pm

((Just a point of clarification: Dain doesn't have to move to use Chill Touch. It has a range of 120 ft. : Chill Touch Necromancy Level: Cantrip Casting time: 1 Action Range: 120 feet Components: V, S Duration: 1 round You create a ghostly, skeletal hand in the space of a creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the creature to assail it with the chill of the grave. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 necrotic damage, and it canÔÇÖt regain hit points until the start of your next turn. Until then, the hand clings to the target. If you hit an undead target, it also has disadvantage on attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn. At higher level This spellÔÇÖs damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8). ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 pm

((Oh, that's a weird name for a ranged spell then. Ok, nvm.))

You shoot off the spell and the orc keeps yelling at Art, a weird, ghostly hand clinging onto its one good leg

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:21 am

((No problem. :) ))
Dain looks mildly disappointed. "Pffft. Likely just a spell on a corpse then, since it didn't react."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:51 am

(Did Art's Int check give him any further info, or just cause him not to get wrong info?)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:54 am

((oh yes...))

Thinking back, at is fairly sure that the first thing he saw in the nose was just some sort of mannequin, like a training dummy archers might use. But now it's yelling at him as an order and he can't quite be certain...

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:39 am

Looking over at Dain he states, "It's not real, not the Orc at least. It looked like a scarecrow dummy thing at first." Pausing and thinking he adds, "I think it is trying to taunt me into coming close to it. Which we should not do."

"Maybe the noose is real. Does anyone have a way to cut the noose from afar and see what happens when it falls to the floor?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 am

Dain looks at the "item" and shakes his head. "My spells won't do it, but Warryn has a fire spell or two." He looks at Warryn. "Feel like some target practice?"

((Not a completely accurate statement, but a lightning bolt in this situation is probably massive overkill.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 am

"Taunt you?! I'm trying to give you a life lesson here son! I don't think you quite realise how unpleasant it is to have someone lop your leg off in the middle of a muddy road and leave you bleed to death in a ditch!! I did get to watch wolves eat my leg before I died though... that was pretty cool.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! You didn't have to kill me at all!"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:04 am

Art stares the creature in the eye. "AND I"M DONE ARGUING WITH YOU. You tried to rob and kill me. You are no INNOCENT." at that he turns and walks out of the room.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:06 am

"...Asshole...!"

The voice trails away.

As Art leaves the room, Dain sees the dismembered orc begin to shift into the shape of the last person he killed.

((Who are they and what happened?))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm

The body lengthens and becomes a long and lanky human in rather scruffy looking wizards robes with a large hole burned into his chest, his hair standing straight out, gently smoking, throwing off the occasional electrical spark. His features are rather striking in that he has a series of purple tattoos on his face and hands, and a single large eyebrow over both eyes. Dain recognizes him as a middling level, rival wizard with whom he fought a duel with.
Dain looks on this individual and starts snickering. " I told you to back down, Jelrak! I told you'd regret it if you started in with me! And here you are! Roasted to a turn and hanging by the neck! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! HA!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm

((oh my god, did you murder alternative-universe-Holger?! :lol: ))

"Why- you- MURDERER!!"

The corpse seems rather uncertain how to deal with Dains apparent total lack of remorse, but soon gets into the swing of things.

"And worse than that! You CHEATED!! I was disarmed and you blew a damn hole in me anyway! In the BACK!!! You are a coward and a cheat and a murderer. I am a fool for ever thinking you could be anything else!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:59 pm

((Huh, must be different in this world, everyone knows the person most likely to kill Holger is Holger.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:08 pm

(( :lol: That is very true! Maybe this guy disarmed himself with an accidentally-summoned octopus or something! ))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm

thinkslogically wrote:((oh my god, did you murder alternative-universe-Holger?! :lol: ))

"Why- you- MURDERER!!"

The corpse seems rather uncertain how to deal with Dains apparent total lack of remorse, but soon gets into the swing of things.

"And worse than that! You CHEATED!! I was disarmed and you blew a damn hole in me anyway! In the BACK!!! You are a coward and a cheat and a murderer. I am a fool for ever thinking you could be anything else!"
o:)
"Pffft! There's no such thing as a disarmed wizard! And the only reason you got a lightning bolt in the back is that you tried to run like a coward after shooting ME in the back with a magic missile! I'll have you know that YOUR apprentice sent me a harvest celebration gift thanking me for offing you!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:35 pm

"I KNOW! It was supposed to be POISONED! You are without a doubt, by far the greatest offense ever made against the ancient art of wizardry!! You would never have defeated me if you hadn't stolen my spellbooks, you base, reprehensible coward!"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Dain smirks. "Yeah, the lass told me it was SUPPOSED to be poisoned. She 'forgot' to apply it. We both had a good laugh about it. As for the spell books...the local wizards guild paid me well to get those away from you. Seems they didn't forgive you for blowing up the Merlin's house after all..."

(( I think I finally figured out who Dain is reminding me of: a wizardy version of Belkar from OOTS.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 pm

"LIAR!!! My reputation was beyond reproach!"