MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:49 pm

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll lead if you wantÔÇØ Art states.
He peeks through the open door and leads on unless there is objection.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Ah'sereen gestures for him to proceed, and hands the flask of oil back to Warryn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:15 am

Aura resists the urge to call out that she should go first being the party tank, and tries to let the sneaky types do their "job".

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Hearing no complaints, Art will check out the next room, walking in like he owns the place.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Art walks boldly through the door and is faced with... an empty stone corridor. Torches in sconces illuminate the space and the two rooms to his left and right.

The corridor opens out into a room to the left, where he can see an old backpack with shiny, small metal discs spilling from it onto the floor. To the right, the corridor opens into another room that appears, at least at first glance, to be empty.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:40 am

He will continue his bold thoughts, and move ten feet into the room on the left and look around. He will then wait for the others.
How large is this room?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 am

This room is quite small, about 10 feet by 10 feet square. It's the same pale stone that you've seen throughout the maze so far, and other than the old, torn backpack, there isn't much here. There are three corridors leading out of this room - one leads 10 feet north before turning east; one opens into a room to the west and there appears to be a shaft on the south side that plunges downwards.

A loud, rattling inhaling breath suddenly gasps from the room to the south and Art's robes are pulled around him in the sudden wind.

((Athletics check, please)).

The others hear the gasping sound and feel the wind whirl around them.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 am

Dain was getting ready to go through the door, but the gasping and wind causes him to think twice about that. Instead he stops at the door and looks around the corner in the direction the wind was going.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:51 am

Athletics check: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

Does Art think the wind was being blown into the room he is in, or drawn out of it??

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:11 am

Staying out of the windy room, Warryn peers towards the southern doorway, trying to get a sense of what lies beyond. Was this wind caused by something....breathing?

Perception: 1D20+0 = [20]+0 = 20

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 am

"Let's not take the shaft that might have no way up, or the direction that... Whatever that was came from, alright?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:30 am

Art plants his feet and keeps his balance as the gust of wind tries to pull him off his feet and towards the room. Then, the wind stops and everything is still.

Warryn can't be certain, but yes, that certainly seemed like something inhaling.

Dain enters the room, and peers southwards to see what's going on. Inside, the sees a deep shaft plunging downwards into darkness. There are brick steps built into the side of the tunnel, but they don't seem to reach very far down.

((Misread the map! The shaft is to the south where the wind is coming from and another passage opens to the west. Will edit the last description.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 am

Seeing that the wind was pulling him towards the downward shaft, Art will quickly move into the room to the west, stopping 5 feet inside the next room to look around.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 am

"Have I mentioned how much I hate this place?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 am

Art scrbles away from the shaft and into the room to the left. It appears to be a short corridor, cuinating in a dead end. From the ceiling dangles the corpse of a hanged body. As Art watches, he sees the corpse twitch and morph into the shape of the last person he killed.

--------------------------

Art, since I don't think we've had an IC death yet, please describe what you see in front of you and what happened that led to this person's death. You can PM me if you prefer :)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:"Have I mentioned how much I hate this place?"
Dain grimaces. "Aye, missy. There's something we can agree on. The sooner we're done with this madhouse, the better!"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:29 am

In front of Art is a body, hanging from a noose on the ceiling. He stops midstep and looks up to examine it more closely to make sure it is not another trap or weird creature.
He thinks it is a body of some man, but then it begins twitching around a bit and then it's entire shape changes and it gets...bigger, more mass than it had before, and now is an orc. Or maybe a half-orc.
A not well kept one. Dirty, Dusty, raggedy clothes, long dusty and patch beard. And missing his left leg from the knee down. Blood oozing out of the wound.

The last person to die by Art's hand was a bandit that thought him an easy mark while he was travelling a road by himself about ten miles outside of the city.
Art, himself, was not in his armor at the time, and was not wearing anything fancy, so he was very much looking like a common traveler.
Much to the surprise of the bandit, Art was well versed in the use of blades, and one lucky hit early on in the encounter, left the bandit with one less thigh and foot.
Once laying and bleeding out, he begged for mercy and help in healing.
The last words he heard for was as Art turned and walked away, "Bandits preying on the weak deserve no mercy. You certainly weren't planning on giving me any had I not had a weapon."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:38 am

As he watches the creature form a recognisable shape, he is startled briefly as it opens its eyes and stares at him.

"I THOUGHT it was you!! You damn bastard! Look at this! Look! I'm bleedin' well dead now thanks to you!"

The hanging orc doesn't seem to be in the least affected by the rope around its neck, and seems quite happy to focus on berating Art.

"I mean honestly! Who chops someone's leg off and leaves them in the dirt? I crawled half a mile up that damn road before I bloody well died!"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:44 am

"What?!" Art's face visibly goes very red and he seems flustered for a few moments.
"This cannot be real. You are a very dead bandit left out in the wilds!"! he yells back at the hanging creature.
He takes two deep breaths to regain his composure

Art focuses and tries to think what it looked like the moment before it shifted to look like this orc.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:03 am

"Aye! Left by YOU!! And it wasn't even necessary. Never mind the fact that you could have given me a decent death, you didn't need to kill me in the first place. I was just going to take yer gold so I could eat. I didn't want to die for it and I'd have left you be if you'd seen fit. But noooooooo! YOU called me a bandit and decided I was unfit for your bleeding mercy..."

((Art, give me a straight INT roll))

The rest of the group can hear all of this. The man yelling at Art is shouting quite loudly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 am

((We saw it shift into what he sees as well?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:41 am

Dain's interest perks up listening to the ongoing yelling match. He eases into position where he can see what's going on.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:54 am

Intelligence: 1D20 = [19] = 19

(That was pretty lucky!)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 am

Warryn also walks around the corner and watches Art get into a shouting match with a corpse. This is the best entertainment he's had all night!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:16 am

spiderwrangler wrote:((We saw it shift into what he sees as well?))
((No, the corpse at least is around the corner and out of sight of you. But you can hear everything clearly.))

Dain eases around the corner until he's standing behind Art. He sees a dirty, poorly-dressed half-orc with one leg hanging by his neck at the end of a short corridor. The half-orc appears to be yelling at Art for having killed him unnecessarily.