MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13909

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:37 am

"Alright then... good, who knows what this place holds.. I might just be paranoid about traps and such."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1140
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 am

Since the rest of the group seems intent on heading out of this room, Art smiles at the Lady and moves goes over to the door they are working on opening.
He looks over his shoulder at the Lady and whips out one last question, "Is there anyone or two in particular that if we run into them, we should not trust them at all?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 am

Ah'Sereen, and Aura
Seeing nothing at all wrong with the door, the two women open it and find themselves looking out into a bizarre network of stairs. As they watch, the room seems to tilt, until they are looking straight down a narrow flight of stairs onto a tangled mess of staircases. It's remarkably vertigo-inducing. Two exits lead out of the room: one is directly below them now, and one is off to their right. Both have a single flight of stairs leading to them, but it's in no way obvious how to reach them, except to head downstairs and into the knot.
► Show Spoiler
Art starts wandering over to the women, but can't stop himself asking more questions. The reptilian woman sighs.

"I told you already, I have not explored these halls! I do not know who resides here, and even if I did I would not presume to interfere. ...You are beginning to test my patience with these inane questions."

---------------------------------------------------------

Warryn is about to head off down one of the paths when he notices the door to what was his left opening and spots Aura and Ah'Sereen in the doorway. From his perspective, the entire room then silently shifts to place the newly-opened door on the ceiling. His feet remain solidly attached to the "floor" which is good, though his brain and stomach are less pleased with this turn of events.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13909

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 pm

"Well, that's more than a little unsettling. Should we check the other doors?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11377

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 pm

"Yeah, let's... Come back to this later, maybe." Aura remarks, turning back. "Which door next? The one across, or over there?"

(So does my crit perception roll not notice Warryn? :P)

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4688
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Dain takes a look in the "stair room". He nods his head slowly, clearly appreciating the design and complexity of the spell craft involved. "I think I begin to see what you mean, my lady. That is a fascinating trick." he calls back to the dragon born. " I wish I had the time to study it."

He looks around inside the room.

perception: 1D20-1 = [20]-1 = 19

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1140
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Curious about what the Genasi are talking about, he will take a look through the doorway. "Yikes." his only response. He doesn't linger at that doorway too long and he will follow over to where Aura is.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7115
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 pm

((No time for a proper post, but Warryn is going to keep his Invisibility up and stealth in what he hopes is the direction of the others))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:12 pm

M0rtimer wrote:"Yeah, let's... Come back to this later, maybe." Aura remarks, turning back. "Which door next? The one across, or over there?"

(So does my crit perception roll not notice Warryn? :P)
((Not through a door, vs invisibility and a 20 on his stealth roll, no :D also, there's no such thing as critical failures or successes on skill checks, sooooo... Soz!))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Warryn sneaks down the path that he hopes will lead him to the others and, after a much longer, weirder climb than expected, arrives at the door they left open.

Beyond it, he sees a large room with long, stripy shadows breaking up the floor. The rest of the band of thieves are there too as well as a large, reptilian woman. Her skin is midnight blue and a pair of leathery wings sprouts from her shoulders.

((Perception checks from everyone please!))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4688
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm

perception: 1D20-1 = [11]-1 = 10

((Pretty obvious that Dain isn't paying attention to the door right now. ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11377

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Perception: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Far less observant, all of a sudden

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13909

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7115
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:14 pm

((I assume by "everyone" you mean me too. If not, feel free to ignore my dismal roll :lol: ))

Per check: 1D20+0 = [3]+0 = 3

-----------------------------------

Seeing the others poke their heads out of that door filled Warryn with a strange mix of relief and loathing. On the one hand, it meant he was near the exit. But on the other, it meant he'd have to interact with those halfwits once more. Who were clearly all complete morons. After all, why else would they still be wandering around this godforsaken place?

Then again, he'd been the one to touch a random ghost for absolutely no reason. So maybe he was just being hypocritical.

After wandering the stairs for a while, he finally reaches the doorway and the thankfully stable room beyond. With feet back on solid ground, he considers removing his Invisibility and announcing his presence....but actually decides against it. There was no real rush. With luck, they would lead him back to the exit while staying none the wiser to his little adventure. And that lizard lady worried him - if she was as mad as that bird, he wanted to avoid talking with her as much as possible.

He does remember to shift his Disguise Self spell into his ordinary form, at least. The last thing he wanted was to be seen in that ridiculous outfit....
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 am

((I have taken the liberty of rolling for Art. I did not do well... :? )) Ah'Sereen hears something approaching from the north. It sounds like a biped, an quadruped, and something else as well though she can't quite place it.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13909

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:05 am

Ah'sereen hisses a warning at the others before slipping into shadow.

Stealth: 1D20+11 = [6]+11 = 17
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7115
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 am

For a brief moment Warryn thinks that Ah'Sereen's sudden shift in demeanour is because she noticed him enter. But then he realises her attention is focused north, not east. Staying where he is, over by the eastern door, he watches what's about to happen next with interest. More spectres, perhaps?

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1140
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am

Readying his axe, Art focuses on the direction he was warned about by Sereen.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4688
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:47 am

Dain scoots into the shadows and preps chill touch. He's going to try to be sneaky.

stealth: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19

He's surprisingly successful.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11377

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Aura readies her mace and shield, and is looking to take the front...

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Art and Aura turn to face the direction of the incoming... whatever it is, while the others blend into the darkness of the shadows. A moment or two later, a well-dressed humanoid with a perfectly round, faintly glowing, white-grey face enters the room, stopping in surprise when he sees you. With the strange man is a grossly oversized, armored and massively-muscled stoat and some kind of snake-creature that appears to have a snake's body, with a humanoid hand in place of a head, and an eye set into the palm.

The man pauses and raises an eyebrow, but notably avoids eye contact with either Art or Aura. The "animals" stare openly at the pair.

"Who are you?"

((I'll take knowledge checks (your choice) from anyone who wants to know what they're looking at; roll separately for each creature please)).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13909

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Ah'sereen has no clue what these things are...

History: Round guy, Snake bod: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13081
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm

They are definitely weird. That is all Ah'Sereen knows about these things.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7115
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Warryn chills invisibly where he is, watching the new arrivals curiously. They didn't seem as hostile as the ghosts had been, at least.

History check (Round guy): 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14
Nature check (Giant Stoat): 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Arcana check (Hand-snake): 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11377

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Aura tries to remember if any of the holy books she's read might tell her something about them...

Religion checks: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21


(In order they were introduced- So Round guy, giant stoat, hand snake)

Post Reply