Shipwrecked OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm

As far as water in the desert, Darfel can create 6 gallons of water per use of the Level 0 Create Water spell.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun May 29, 2016 5:02 pm

M0rtimer wrote:We're not "here", as in "here" being "near the dwarves" at all. We went south, while the dwarves are supposedly west. If we want to "finish what we started", it'd be to continue travelling south, towards wizard city. I'm fine with doing that, if that's what we wanna do.

Plot hook land (Which Jasper just suggested we at least scope out) meanwhile goes south-east. So maybe we can follow that, so if we end up disappointed we can safely ignore Theis' plot hooks for the rest of eternity. :roll:

I back this. Lets continue and try to finish a dwarf quest while getting closer to the wizards

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 29, 2016 5:32 pm

OK, so we tackle the kobolds end route to the wizard city?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon May 30, 2016 12:02 am

I think Felicia wanted to go to the wizards, and ofc, Xranberry concurred. I'm happy to go anywhere, even the mushroom cave. :lol:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:34 am

rofl, Henry is quickly degrading into the comic-relief of the group, when I originally had wanted him to be cool and competent, kinda like his name-giver, Indiana Jones. Ah well, if the boot fits... :chuckle:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:01 pm

So apparently the giant celestial bee gets one attack, then dies.

Really wished I read the description now. :roll:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 am

... why would Celestial bees be any different from regular bees, who also die from stinging someone?
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:43 am

@gathers - I suspect that what we put in that bowl is going to be important in the outcome from the bowl. You might want to specify something particular unless you want theis to randomly choose and kill us all :lol:

...i wondered if blood or gold would be acceptable offerings.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 am

Yeah, but blood is not without risk. Bad people can do bad things with your blood... :paranoia:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:34 am

Forgive me for thinking that in a world where people can shoot fire from their fingertips, oversized lizards Let's not mention the dinosaurs for a moment that breathe fire can exist, and we're talking a giant, celestial bee from another world, that I thought it might not be restricted by physical limits our own, cute little fuzzy friends have... :roll:

@Thinks- Jasper is actually on the younger scale contrary to Cranberry, giving the impression that he'd be more likely of an (at least somewhat talented) apprentice. You'd get the chance that at a time that might have very well been true- (and most of you probably know some of that, considering his backstory) His robes seem simple, a mostly dark-grey set of scholar robes, although there are finer details, such as purple rims and embellishments, which have faded over time, showing the robe might once have been far more ornate and fancy. Perhaps he himself once was too, although at least right now it didn't seem like he took his appearance as having any priority- His long, mostly straight, black hair not really messy, but bundled up with a small band to make as little maintenance as necessary. It seems he's always clean shaven despite this however, revealing to have a rather pale complexion. You'd guess this was because he's simply incapable to grow a beard- Which you would think is a travesty for wizards just as much as it is for dwarves.

That work? :) :P (I might just stop being lazy and start up gimp again one of these days, give a shot at making a crappy pixel drawing of him myself...)

(Also, just delaying my action for now, since I'm guessing you'll update up until the next dragon attack first... Let me know if you want my action though Theis. :P)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:12 am

Hmm... I'm wondering if Ala could heal the bee, have it regain it's stinger so it can stab again... :P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:20 am

It does not work like that :P

and that picture of Cranberry is definitely the best (and worst) thing I've seen on this forum :P

On another note, I've spent too long on this update to fail at finding a sacrifice gif for Henry before finally I just decided to try making it myself :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 am

yes, flank attack is much preferred to Henry dying.

@ others: what do you make of the whole scale changing thing? First it was silver, then it was red, then it was bronze.
Silver and bronze is used for coins, too, but red isn't. Image
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:40 am

Is it changing its colours depending on the colour of the doorway portal?

I'm also a little concerned that metallic dragons are typically good / neutral aligned and coloured ones evil / neutral. ...The one time Ala forgets to use her detect evil...

Don't know how much Ala knows about dragons, but would she know stuff like that? Speaking of which, what knowledge do you need to get monster knowledge in general?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:12 am

@Gathers Do you mean copper rather than bronze? :P

@Thinks You can't see the colour of the doorway anymore as it was only on the outside, but you have seen the exact same colours on the dragon statue, but they don't share the same colour all the time.

Imagine the doorway/dragon statue to change colour depending on the angle you look at it, just like children toys where there are different images depending on the angle you look at it.

knowledge about creatures depends on several knowledge skills. Dragons belongs to knowledge (arcana), undeads belongs to knowledge (religion). The description of the knowledge skill should tell you what the different knowledge skills should grant you knowledge about.

Since Ala doesn't have knowledge (arcana) she can at most know what is supposed to be common knowledge (DC 10 or less) which would be that they are dangerous.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:43 pm

depends on the gaming system/civilization, but yes. I often mix those two up, I might have done it again just now. :)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:41 pm

So do we wanna share with each other what we got..? I for one have no issue with it (especially since most of you probably won't even notice otherwise :P) but perhaps some of you like to keep it more secretive..? :P

Also Thinks, no IC post for Ala? Come on, we've been through this before... Wobble once to indicate "yes", and twice for "no"... :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Yeah... you guys should probably figure out Ala's fate on your own.

EDIT: Finally had some spare time today to draw Henry & Jasper!

Henry:

Jasper:

I appreciate that you guys look pretty damn different now, but I owed you both an original sprite :) If anyone wants an updated, scaly sprite-version of themselves give me a shout and a brief, updated description.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:55 am

*squees* I really like Henry's portrait. Kind of reminds me of the thief in Quest for Glory. :love:

And I also enjoy the "dumbfounded" look on the summoned animal's face in Jasper's panel. Is that a badger? :lol:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:03 am

Yay! Love the sprite. :)

And still appropriate as well for me, considering Jasper has suffered no physical changes.

And yes, it's a badger. Still the go-to summon for first level summon, and actually useful unlike certain insectoid summons...

Honestly, next time I actually manage to succeed on a summon monster II spell, I'm just gonna summon two of the little bastards. :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:37 am

It's really more artistic licence than anything. There have been MANY attempts, but I can't remember a single successful badger-summoning in this whole game... Was there maybe one?

Anyway, glad you both like your sprites :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:54 am

thinkslogically wrote:It's really more artistic licence than anything. There have been MANY attempts, but I can't remember a single successful badger-summoning in this whole game... Was there maybe one?

I think he's actually succeeded 4 or 5 times over the last 3 years of this game. Not sure how many times he's attempted Badger TimeÔäó though...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:59 am

There's been a few attempts that succeeded. But, yeah, there have been MANY more that haven't.

There's also the fact that a summoned monster only stays 1 round/level, so earlier every summon I did meant exactly one attack before dissipating... Very useful, I know. :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:06 am

:lol: That'll be why then :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:36 am

I know it's a hazzle with the summoning, but when it succeeds it's much better than normal, due to his specialization and the inhibition of the summoning :P

Edit: The pixel art is awesome as always!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked