Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 am

Trill nods when Ty speaks her moniker, and goes back to working on her lyre, slowly shaking her head in response to the big bird.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 pm

((Sorry guys, it signed me out and I lost my post, so I had to rewrite it.))

FAL
You search among where you had seen the broken barrels before, and you're in great luck. You managed to find (4) barrels that seem to be in good shape, though you'll need to test them to be sure. They are missing their heads, but otherwise seem to be in good shape.

FENEX As you peek over the rocks, you see that you're at the edge of a beach, where the sand meets both the cliff face and the ocean. It must have been pretty lucky that you washed up onto dry land at all. Some 50 yards to the south you see the main body of some ship's wreckage, with other debris covering the whole beach.

You can see some other figures moving about among the wreckage, and from the distance, they seem to be wearing the same cut and color of clothes as you are.

SCAT
You feel more confident as you flit from shadow to shadow making your way back to the shadows and rocks of the cliffs. As you reach the rocks, however, you spy some footprints in the sand that hadn't been there previously.

TYPHOS
You try to follow Scat as he goes to, as you believe, investigate what he saw. However, he soon disappears among the shadows and your eyes lose track of him as he runs across the sand. You do, however, notice a trace of movement among the rocks back by the trail up, though it wasn't much. If Scat hadn't warned you, you might have passed it off as a figment of your imagination.

TRILL

((I had just wanted your proficiency bonus.))

Success! You make good time restringing and retuning your lyre. You soon manage to pluck out some nicely harmonious chords. Your lyre is back in working order.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Ty squints and looks more closely at the place where he thought he saw the movement and edges closer, moving cautiously towards it...

What is it? : 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Scat looks closely at the footsteps, hoping to determine what creature made them, he then slowly, stealthily follows them.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Fal takes the best water cask from among those he found and rolls it over to the 'camp'.

When he reaches there he notes that the green man...and scat are missing..."Where did the others get off to?" She asks Max and Trill "not to investigate the fire on their own I hope?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15563
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:01 pm

"They seem to have ran off to a rock face! Do you think we should follow them incase they run into problems?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Fenex glares suspiciously at the strangers on the beach. Were they the reason he was here? They were wearing the same weird clothes as him, so they weren't looters....probably. And if they'd also been on the ship, they might know more about what happened to it.

Climbing out of the rocks, he sets off across the sand towards the main bulk of the shipwreck, not even bothering to hide himself.
► Show Spoiler

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm


TYPHOS

While still indistinct, you do spot another glimmer of moment, there seems to be at least one humanoid figure skulking about the rocks. It's coloring is almost indistinguishable from the stone and sand, which makes it hard to track with your eyes.

SCAT

The tracks seem very similar to what your own unshod tracks would be like, from what you can make out. Definitely from a larger creature than you, however. They are also a bit scattered, so tracking direction is difficult.

Please make a survival roll.

FENEX

As you approach the wreckage, you spot a tall human or elf woman with a storm-wrecked barrel, and two bird people: one jet black, and caustiously plucking a lyre, the other with very flamboyant coloring and a confident posture.

((You hadn't specified whether you were inspecting your pack or not, so you don't know exactly what's in it yet, and you didn't seem to have found anything else nearby of note. However, if it's similar to what you used before your memory gap, you will likely assume that it has the same contents. Also, I'm not making you find your pack and equipment. You already have it, for reasons that are yet to be entirely revealed.))

Fal, Max, Trill

As you sit around waiting for Typhos and Scat, you spot a strange looking and hardworn halfling walk in from the north side of the beach. He is sporting the same sort of uniform as the rest of you.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:28 pm

((OOC: Fal is not waiting around...has she waited about anything?))

IC: She nods at Max but before she can answer she notices the figure coming their way. "Max, Song...follow my lead on this please...I just want to be sure this fellow isn't just walking up on us in our apparent uniform and is one of us, since there seems to be some rather nasty people about based on that village."


Fal moves towards the halfling and stops on some dune rise before the wreck. She turns to provide the thin side of her body as a target and shouts, Hold, there what is the password!
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Trill's fingers fly across the strings, but it is the sound of a trumpet call that issues forth ( minor illusion).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15563
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Max looks slightly confused but follows Fal's lead anyways, "The town? That's a half a day away! I don't know why they would come here!"

Insight on the new guy:
insight: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:14 pm

"Hello? Is anyone there? We are survivors from the wreck! We're friendly!"

He does an entirely average job at being convincing.
Persuasion: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10

Ty calls out to the little creature in common, then in aeran If it still gets no response, he'll try elvish because why not.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:55 am

Fenex scowls at the elf as she calls out to him. Stopping a safe distance away, he shouts back in Elvish before switching to Common.

[Screw you, Elf!] "What is this? Where are we?"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 am

(( :lol: Ty is going to like Fenex, I can already tell!))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:34 am

Fal laughs [Good enough answer in my book...]

Fal turns to start to walk towards Ty and says over her shoulder..."We don't know...we don't know...I'm Fal...this is Max...and...Song? I haven't figured out a common language yet so that maybe wrong...We've got food and water and some shelter from the sun if you need any...I need to go wrangle our so called sweet water source...so I'll let Max here welcome you to our merry little band"

She pauses for a moment, "Oh, and Max, just because some of people are burning down a village a half a days walk from here, doesn't mean they don't have friends around here waiting for them with equally focused malice towards us."

The Fal turns and starts off to where she can see Ty.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15563
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:45 am

"Greetings small one! We have two others with us, I think they were earching for you! I will let them tell you who they are! But I am Maximillian the Prancng Peacock! We seem to be on small part of land that is on a bigger part of land! It seems pur ship got wrecked on our way somewhere! Now come with us to camp!" Max shows him where the camp is. "I will go fetch the others!" Max flies off until he finds Th (and Scat who might be hiding) "Green friend, we have found another suvivor!"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 am

"....so none of you know any more than I do."

{Fucking brilliant}


After swearing a bit more in Halfling, Fenex watches the elf and peacock go off to find their friends, before slumping down in their "camp". Which apparently consists of a barrel and some broken wood. Trying not to wonder whether the headache is from the memory-loss, or an idiocy-induced migraine, he busies himself doing a proper inventory of his equipment - trying to dry out the worst of it in the sun. As he works, he gives the black-birdperson a couple of suspicious glances, before finally speaking up again.

"So....what's your deal?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:42 am

Trill, happy her lyre is fixed, has been fiddling with it since the others seemingly deemed the newcomer harmless. When he asks what her deal is, she looks up, a bit startled, before hopping over to pour some wine into one of the silver bowls and offer it to the halfling.

"Greetings small one!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:26 am

"Greetings small one!"

Fenex narrows his eyes as he takes the bowl, not drinking right away. Instead, he gives it a swirl and a sniff, trying to pick up any hints of poison or magic.

Detecting something suspicious about the wine: 1D20 = [8] = 8

((Not sure what check to roll, so I just did a generic d20. I figured Survival/Perception (+6) might work for detecting poison? If not then I guess it'll be an Int roll (+1) of some kind? Arcana (+3) if there's some kind of magic in it.))

Assuming he doesn't pick up on anything weird, he then takes a small sip - at the same time staring at the birdperson and pushing a single thought through the air between them.

Silent Speech (SS): Greetings.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:54 pm

o:)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Fal realizing that she is going to be outpaced by Max in flight, turns and walks back to the 'camp'. She arrives to see the halfling drinking from one of the cups and thinks nothing of it.
Last edited by Quarg on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:20 pm

((he's drinking from a bowl. Ty has the horn))

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 pm


SCAT

((Well, I was waiting for you to make a roll for tracking, but in the interest of keeping things moving, I'll just roll for you this time.))

Survival: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

You examine the tracks and manage to sort out that they're heading towards a cluster of rocks that overlooks the central wreckage that the group of you have been making your defacto headquarters. You don't yet directly see what has made the tracks.

FENEX
((Without giving too much away, I went with insight. Wasn't quite enough though.))

The liquid in the silver bowl is sky blue and crystal clear, with a light golden froth. It has a very nice fragrance, and you can't sense any deceit in the bird person, so you give it a tentative sip.

The beverage has a clear and smooth flavour, very mild but also sweet. It can only be described as a pleasure to drink.

Please make WIS and CON saving throws.

MAXIMILLIAN

As far as you can tell, the new halfling seems as confused as the rest of you, and doesn't seem to have any malicious intent.

As you fly over to Typhos, you don't see the little kobold anywhere, but you do see some movement among the rocks. It's hard to make out details, but you do see some one figure with spears and a shield.

TYPHOS

There is a pregnant pause after you make your declaration of friendship (in several languages), followed by a spear flying out of the rocks and stabbing into the sand at your feet.

You guys should probably all roll initiative now.

((And I should probably finish making those character sheets. That would probably be handy if you guys are actually going to fight something.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Ty looks at the spear thudding into the sand and energy all but crackles off him as a wave of anger floods through him and his dark eyes flash.

Initiative: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15563
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Dex: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
(I don't know why I rolled it as dex but inititive is the same)

Post Reply