Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 am

thinkslogically wrote:"I don't want to go to sleep just now. Maybe you should try it?"
Fal looks at the green one, "Maybe you'd like that eh? Knock us all out and then someone can finish the job they started when they sank our boat...like say a group of sea people with control of elemental magic...like lighting, thunder and storms..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am

BadgeAddict wrote:"Scat drinks with hands, nothing bad happens when you drink with hands."
"Oh. That's good to know!" Ty files that piece of wisdom away for future use.
Quarg wrote:Maybe you'd like that eh? Knock us all out and then someone can finish the job they started when they sank our boat...like say a group of sea people with control of elemental magic...like lighting, thunder and storms..."
Ty blinks at Fal, still very confused about why she's so angry all the time, before her words sink in (but only a little bit)

"Someone did this to your boat?! Who? This is great! You said you forgot, but you remember! Tell us what happened!"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14929
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:02 am

Max looks at the people arguing, trying to stop them from doing so. "I will try it if she does not get up!"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:57 am

Trill gives out a cry of pure joy as she flies among the clouds! All kenku dream of flight, but almost never do any of them manage to achieve it! Trilling a song, she stretches out and attempts to do an elegant loop...

Acrobatics: Dream flying??: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7

...but something about her body, it isn't responding like it ought... and then she's being shaken... she's tumbling now, falling, falling, falling...


Wis Save: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:33 pm


TRILL

You plummet closer and closer to the ground, and despite your ease of flying earlier, nothing you do seems to stabilize your momentum and start you flying again. You spy a mountain top just below you, the entire thing beautifully landscaped and maintained.

Before you make impact, and much before you manage to pick up details, it's as if a fog is lifted from your eyes and again you find yourself lying on the sandy beach. You're shaded this time, and you feel pretty good aside from your rapid heart palpation. The others you med recently are standing around you arguing. Slowly, the details of your experience begin to fade into dream.

TYPHOS

The water sloshes in the drinking horn, but otherwise remains unchanged.

You do notice, however, that no matter how the water sloshes around as it swirls, not a single drop spills from the horn.
ALL

You all notice Trill begin to stir.

It is now approaching mid afternoon.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Ty is concerned by the strange cup and how it makes the water behave. He turns the cup upside down and shakes it, frowning at the contents.

"Hey, you're awake again! Are you ok? What happened?"

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Fal who wasn't really arguing ,just making a biting comment, looks at Trill smiles down and says..."Well thank the Gods for that...I really didn't think it was a curse...but similar...trying to break it might have been problematic."

She looks at Max "Er...You know we've likely been introduced but damn if I can remember, Laurë Falstaff, everyone calls me Fal because most can't pronouce elvish worth a damn, anyway we need to get some idea of where we are. Can you fly up and survey the area around here?"

(OOC: Did Fal keep her telescope? I can't recall if she has she loans it to Max)

Fal then turns to Scat. "Hey Scat isn't it? Yeah thanks for helping back there...can you help me see if we can find any water casks from the ship? The only liquid we have besides what is in our water skins is suspect."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Though suddenly upended and shaken about, the water does not fall from the horn at this time.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Ty scowls at the rude elf, feeling thoroughly ignored.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:22 pm

"Hey, you're awake again! Are you ok? What happened?"


Trill answers him in his own voice, "I am... I...don't know.?". She doesn't offer much more than that, though she does sit up, but doesn't really engage with any of the others, overwhelmed with a profound sense of loss...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14929
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

"Er...You know we've likely been introduced but damn if I can remember, Laurë Falstaff, everyone calls me Fal because most can't pronouce elvish worth a damn, anyway we need to get some idea of where we are. Can you fly up and survey the area around here?"
"I do not recall if we have, my name is Maximillian, fair lady Fal! Of course I will do that for you!" Maximillian takes off and looks around at the surroundings.
Per: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Insight: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

Ty senses some of the blackbird's sadness and sits down nearby. He doesn't really know what to do that might help, but he knows that when he was feeling sick and hot and dry earlier, it was nice that Max stayed nearby.

Trying to think of something to talk about, he remembers the cloud.

"Hey! Me and Scat were going to go and see a ground cloud being made! Want to come? I've never seen a ground cloud before!"

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Ty scowls at the rude elf, feeling thoroughly ignored.
Ty receives a momentary high elf ice stare which softens when she sits down next to Trill and starts talking to him kindly.

"Ground cloud? That is smoke...the stuff that fire makes when it is burning something...I'd like to have our water supply figured out before we see if those are friends or foes.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 pm

((Did you see Ty's questions earlier or were you ignoring them IC?

Also, Ty is male and I believe Trill is female :P Just to keep you on your toes!))
Quarg wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:Ty scowls at the rude elf, feeling thoroughly ignored.
Ty receives a momentary high elf ice stare which softens when she sits down next to Trill and starts talking to him kindly.

"Ground cloud? That is smoke...the stuff that fire makes when it is burning something...I'd like to have our water supply figured out before we see if those are friends or foes.
"I don't know smoke... or fire... What is it?

and... are you certain? Scat definitely said it was a ground cloud."


Oh - and while all this is happening, Ty is fiddling with the horn, trying to make the water behave itself and come out of the stupid horn. Eventually he'll snort in frustration and will try using his Shape Water cantrip to force the water to come out.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:59 pm

thinkslogically wrote:((Did you see Ty's questions earlier or were you ignoring them IC?

"I don't know smoke... or fire... What is it?

and... are you certain? Scat definitely said it was a ground cloud."
((Nope, she was going to address those after getting Max and Scat to start scouting and looking for water...she prioritizes, survival first, existential questions second. ))

Fal twists her nose up and studies the far distant smoke
Perception: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
"I really don't know how to describe fire...I could show you but that would take time away from finding supplies. And perhaps Scat does call smoke a ground cloud, but a ground cloud more accurately fog, which I grew up with."

She looks over at Scat for conformation he called the smoke ground cloud. She looks back at Ty and points up at the Sun. "Some people say that is a giant ball of fire in the sky...which works because it does bring light and heat though much farther and stronger than any fire I've ever seen."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm

((Well, Ty's going to think she ignored him))

"Oh."

This is a lot to take in for one day.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8481
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Scat looks at trill with big eyes in an attempt to express the emotion of trying to explain something to an idiot, which he does so by motioning his head towards the blue fellow and then shrugging his shoulder. "scat knows what smoke is, trying to explain to blue man who has no reference. "
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:02 pm

"I'd still like to go and see it. That will help I think."

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Fal, smiles at Scat, "Understood, yes the blue one appears to have no reference for fire or smoke." She then addresses "Which is why you shouldn't go wandering down there by yourself, if someone there wants to harm you...you can defend yourself but also might likely cause a fight with people who don't want to harm you but are scared enough to think you mean to harm them."

She looks at the remaining group. "Now then we need to find water, since all of us except for you apparently, need to drink fresh water if we want to live...that is water without salt. Scat I asked earlier if you'd help me look for water casks from the ship? If so please do so..."

She turns to Ty, "I can't order you to stay with the black birdman, but it might be best to wait until the rest of us have found water and Max returns from his survey from on high before you go investigate the fire...after we have found the water I can address your questions about the symbol, ship, and other things you have...but not until after I know we have the supplies to keep us alive at the moment. Max found us food, but we are going to need more water soon."

Fal nods to Ty and scrambles up a high bit of wreckage to look for water casks or the keel of the ship...

Perception: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm

"Oh, you mean sweetwater! I can make that.

Can we go and see the ground cloud now?"

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:59 pm

thinkslogically wrote:"Oh, you mean sweetwater! I can make that.


Can we go and see the ground cloud now?"
Fal looks at Ty, "Er would you mind demonstrating that ability into this tankard..." Fal slides down picks up the tankard, empties it and hands it to Ty.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Ty snorts with derision.

"You will be needing a MUCH bigger cup"

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:47 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Ty snorts with derision.

"You will be needing a MUCH bigger cup"
"Then we are back where I started this morning, because without fresh water we die, you need a large container to make fresh water, or I need a large container to get fresh water from the waterfall up the beach. So, now I go back for looking for a barrel either with water, or can hold water because right now...since all us surface dwellers have is a few water skins, some magic horn, and perhaps some magic sleep drink." She stops and looks back, "And you can go look at the ground cloud if you want...person who can't remember their name...but if the people with the fire push a stick through you and hold you over the fire...they are going to eat you..."

Fal goes back to looking for water casks or the keel of the ship.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13612
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Ty sighs and rubs his face. Today has been very difficult.

"No, you only need a container, I told you I can make water. Just pour away the sleep wine and then we can use that and go and see the gro- ... the smoke and the fire. Together, if you think it isn't safe."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 pm

"... magic sleep drink.......What is it?", a sad and confused Trill asks.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply