Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Post Reply
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:13 am

((Gotcha! I think if the smoke is coming from somewhere above them he'd probably make for the path since it's the most obvious way to get there))

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:56 am

Fal looks up and yells, "Hey Friend...Yes you with the wings...this one just seems to have fallen down!" at Max before leaning down and checking for Trill's breathing. Assuming that he finds Trill still breathing he picks Trill up and carries him over to the shelter of the overturned rowboat where he lays the poor fellow down in the shelter.

((OOC: I think Fal has the waterskin from that list of equipment above))
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 am

Max flies off to see what the problem is. "Oh no, what has happened?!"
Max will help carry Thrill, not sure what to do about the fallen feathered friend.

Medicine check: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14665

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:47 am

((Eh, I could have spent the rest of my luck to roll again, but hoping effects are temporary.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am

((would we have heard the shouting from the others? Ty probably wouldn't just leave if he knew something was wrong, but otherwise he figures he's shouted what he's doing well enough and will just carry on up the path :) ))

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:42 pm


TRILL
You are in a deep and restful sleep. Feelings of peace and relaxation wash over you.

FAL
Right, the waterskin. I'd noted that, but must have forgotten to delete it from the list.
Upon checking, you find Trill breathing deep and slow.

What did you do with the horn and with the tankard you were carrying?

MAXIMILLIAN
Oh no! After checking your friend's vitals, you come to only one conclusion. She must be dying! You have to try to think of anything you can to save her!

TYPHOS AND SCAT

You had only just made it to the base of the trail when you heard some of your companions begin to cry out behind you.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm

((I don't know if you missed it, but Ty will be holding onto the holy symbol as a clue to this whole mess, in addition as well as the incense and rations))

Ty turns around at the shouting, and pauses, uncertain about what is happening. When he sees Max carry someone to the upturned boat, he figures that someone must have got hurt or sick or something. He looks at Scat and hurries back to the group.

"Come on! We'd better see if we can help!"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Maximillian tries to shake her awake, if she's concious she's more likely to make it! "Wake up! YOU cannot go out like this my FRIEND! You must fight against this! You! Will! Survive!"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:49 am

"Scat will help." Scat hurries over to their fallen fellow survivor. He looks around at things surrounding them. "Why he fall down?"
perception: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
Scat spots the drinking horn that had fallen to the ground in front of where Trill lay on the beach. He carefully picks it up and sniffs at it. "Scat thinks this is to blame."
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:43 am

(Fal left the horn and the tankard next to the container of liquid in the first place)

"Scat thinks this is to blame."

Fal nods "Yes, but do you recognize it? I don't but it smells good..."

Fal watches Max appear to panic and shake the other bird creature. Is it a curse? she asks. Fal closes her eyes and tries to remember....

The air is cool in the dark recesses of the arcade. The sound of the ocean, calm at this early morning, is the only sound. Fal's mind is wandering, mumbling nonesense as she ponders how much longer to breakfast...Then from somewhere on the other side of the court yard a sudden lance of blue energy stabs the morning twilight and slams into the initiate meditating next to Fal. Fal turns and runs over, looking down at the frozen body of her fellow initiate, his eyes wildly looking about with fear as the body quivers in pain from the curse. Fal pulls out her hand and without hesitation begins to recite the ancient words as her other initiates look on in horror and confusion.


Fal reaches out a hand tries to see if she thinks this is a curse herself as she holds the ancient words in her head.
Insight: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 am

Ty looks alarmed when he spots the unconscious black bird.

"What happened?"

If he is told about the wine / cup, he will try an arcana check to see if there's anything weird about either of those things. He'll check the cup first (let me know if you want two checks or if one's enough):
Arcana: 1D20-1 = [16]-1 = 15

If he doesn't learn about the wine / cup, he'll try the arcana check directly on Trill in case he can pick up any magical auras around him or anything.

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:52 am


TRILL
You find yourself flying, or floating maybe, through a vast endless sky. Clouds and blue infinity surround you, with only the distant trace of land far beneath you. The sky is warm and bright and comforting, until suddenly it feels as if you are being shaken. A loud voice rings in your ears, though you can't make out any words.

Wisdom saving throw please.

Or any other action you might want to take.


MAXIMILLIAN

You shake the fallen crow, but she seems to be unresponsive.

FAL
It does seem to have some similarities to a curse to you, but you're not certain.

SCAT
As you sniff at the drinking horn, you notice it still seems to be clean, despite being able to tell it was just used.

TYPHOS
You manage to read enough magic to tell that the horn is enchanted, though you'd need more time to figure out how.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 am

"Huh... That's got magic in it of some sort, but I don't know what it is... I don't understand how it would make him sick though. Holding it isn't making Scat fall down..."

((What would I need to do to learn more about it?))

(Edited my comment because Ty has probably never used a cup before. Because why would he?).

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words
Posts: 98

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 am

((By this point you'll either need to study it for a few hours or experiment with it.))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 am

"Scat confused, how is used cup clean?"
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 am

"Should it be dirty? What is this thing? A claw?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 am

Scat raises an eyebrow at the blue man, having forgotten how...confused he seemed to be about normal things. "Do creatures underwater not have horns? Some land animals have horns, people cut them off and make cups, to drink from."
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:28 am

Ty looks confused.

"Some animals have horns... But I have never needed one. I do not know these "cups". What is it for?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:40 am

"Cup holds liquid....like the land holds the ocean." Scat points at the water, lapping in waves against the beach.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 am

Max gets out his waterskin and splashes some on Thrill's face in hopes that would wake her up.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:59 am

Ty is not convinced that the land is doing any such thing, but sort of gets it. When he sees the waterskin he understands.

"Oh! Like that!"

Scooping up the horn, he holds it under the running water from the waterskin and fills it a little bit. He swirls the water around in the cup a little bit and sniffs at it.

Perception: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

"What did he... drink?" he asks, searching a little for the new word.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:01 am

Scat watches what happens to the water inside of the horn suspiciously, he had heard that magic items could do crazy stuff.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:05 am

Fal looks over at them, "He drank liquid from that barrel over there from the horn....There still is some of it in the tankard sitting over there...if you want to try the liquid without the horn."

((And I'm waiting for a Con /Wis roll from Spider before Fal acts...))
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:10 am

"I don't want to go to sleep just now. Maybe you should try it?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 am

"Scat drinks with hands, nothing bad happens when you drink with hands."
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

Post Reply