Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Doors and Shadows (5e Game)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Trill returns to the barrel and chest, rolling the barrel so that the tap is facing up, and nothing will spill out when it is opened. "Pull her out...Pull her out", she says in the elf's voice.

She sets to work with her dagger carving away the wood of the chest near the hinges.
► Show Spoiler
She's soon eventually startled by a thunderous roar and a cry of pain... rushing outside to see what's happening.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Max takes a few steps back as the kobold relieves himself, blatantly ignoring the fact the kolbold did so. "Fear not small one! There is no need to repay! My name is Maximillian! What is yours small one?" Max continues to chat with the new comer.

"Ah before I forget! There are crates nearby!" Max goes to try to open the crates with his talons, scratching at the surface. Talon: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D4+3 = [4]+3 = 7
(Max has the best ideas. :lol:)
----

He jumps when he hears thunder, initially plan to hide away from the loud noise until he hears a cry of pain. He flies over to see what happened.

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:47 pm

SCAT
You feel relieved from peeing at people. You actually feel pretty good now, though the sun is still beating down on you, and you don't know where you are.

TYPHOS
You feel something drain from you as thunder cracks in the air above you. It triggers a bit of your memory. You recall how to use your class abilities. ((Note: Typhos is the only one who should need to do this, as the rest of you should still retain some memory of who you are, and your life up to a certain point. That point being up until you became a level 1 adventurer.))

FAL
The water is warm, but very refreshing. The thunder clap was startling, but it doesn't seem like it damanged much. Typhos is still sitting where you left him, looking like he just figured something out. A few of the items you had organized are now in disarray, but it seems like all that was really hurt was maybe your pride.

Trill
Carving into the wood with your dagger doesn't do much, but with your dextrous touch, you soon realize that you can shimmy your dagger in to push the pins out. Outside, you find the tall female, Fal, standing somewhat ruffled, and see the green man sitting peacefully among some scattered supplies.

MAXIMILLIAN
((You really don't need to roll to hit to attack something like a crate. :lol: Not when you're proficient with your weapons, at least.))
You feel some wet splashing on your foot talons before you think to step back.

Attempting to open the crates, you mostly just manage to gouge the wood pretty severely. If only you had something to pry them apart with...

With your great speed, you manage to fly over to the area of the loud clap shortly before things have settled, and manage to narrowly avoid being hit by some flying debris. You find Fal cursing, and shortly after you Trill also appears.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Ty is thrown backwards into the sand by the unexpected blast, but is on his feet in moments holding the staff in one hand, the holy symbol in the other and a look of utter surprise on his face.

He notices the others and rushes over to them, speaking in a garbled mix of aeran, elvish and common as he shoves the symbol at them.

"This is me? What is it? Why do you have it?!"

He holds his staff up and casts shocking grasp through it, letting the electricity dance down the wood just like the symbol.

If he can see Max, he'll look to him pleadingly for answers.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Seeing that no one seems to be harmed, Trill returns to the issue of the chest, and works on pushing the pins out with her dagger (let me know if you want a further roll).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Fal stares at the fist with a lighting bolt..."If that is you than it is a damn symbol of Doom...you could have damn well killed anyone of us with that spell! She looks at the staff with the lighting flowing through it and snarls. "And if all your going to do is threaten us with your power, which you seem unable to control, I'm leaving...you and this blasted symbol!"
Last edited by Quarg on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm

"I..."

Ty looks at the angry woman with more surprise and just a little offence as he lowers his sparking staff, but the confusion quickly overtakes him again.

"I have control... I... Just forgot I could do that... Please! What is this? It is on everything, look!"

Ty holds put the symbol to Fal, pointing at the packs in the crate he found and looking desperate and confused.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Max looks between Ty and Fal, not sure how to answer. "I am sorry green one, I do not know! I know as much as you about this! I must agree with the fair lady on one thing, you need to learn how it works! I know not of the symbols, but yet this one suits me!?" Max looks at the bag (his) with the lightning grabbed by a hand. "This is...mine! Aha! My costume! I can't believe I forgot about this! How would I be the Amazing Dazzling Prancing Peacock without this?! The name is a work in progress." He notices there is a waterskin and takes a sip out of it, glad to have his costume back.

Know: religion: 1D20-2 = [7]-2 = 5
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:44 pm

"I CAN control it! Look!"

Ty uses Control Water to float the water out of Max's flask and in a little circle around Fal's head before putting back in the flask.

"I just don't know WHY I can do it..."

He sits down sulkily on part of the shipwreck near Max and feels sorry for himself.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Max reaches to touch Ty's shoulder to comfort him. "Ah! That's good! Now please do not attack friends anymore!" His jovial smile suddenly turns to a frown as he looks at Ty and says coldly. "I'd rather hate it if we had to do something about that." He grins as if nothing happened and gentoy hits Ty's back "But I think you'd be helpful!"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 am

Scat, blinded by the sun, ignores the promise of things in crates and makes his way in toward the land and comfort for his eyes from the sun. Once shaded enough to take a look around, he does so. As he looks, he keeps an eye out for any wreckage that made its way past the beach.
_: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:12 am

Fal sighs and shakes her head. "My recent memory is full of holes so I have no idea who you are or why you can cast magic though your not the only one here who can.....but throwing spells about like you do is damn dangerous."

"As for that symbol...."
Religion Check: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17 ((OOC: Any historical/religious references to that symbol that may be known to her))

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 am

If anything was going to make Ty feel even more miserable today, it was being threatened by the one person he thought might have been his friend. He looks shocked, hurt and saddened by Max's words, and maybe a little bit afraid.

When Fal tells him off again he decides that there's probably no point in arguing. She's angry and no-one seems to be listening to him anyway.

He decides that he doesn't really want to be around the angry, scary people for a while and instead goes to sit on a high-up bit of the shipwreck where he can think and see a bit more of the island.

((What does this place look like? Like, is it a desert island of rocks and sand or can we see any forests or mountains etc.))

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 am

SCAT
You manage to make your way over to the cliff face, which is beginning to be significantly shaded by this point, and you can feel your tension relax. You don't see much in the way of debris that made it up here, just smaller bits of broken odds and ends for the most part. To the north of you is a path leading up the cliff face, and to the south you do see some larger chunks of wood sticking out from among the rocks, there may be something over there.

TYPHOS
You climb on top of the nearby shipwreck, which is just a brocken off chunk of hull about 15 ft up. It gives you a pretty good view of the beach, which seems fairly sheltered from the rest of the island, surrounded on all sides by cliffs that block most of your view. On the other side of the cliffs to one side of the beach, you do see a far off extension of land with a waterfall coming down the cliff's face, and there seems to be an abundance of greenery both above and below on that side. You also see a plume of smoke rising from behind the cliffs opposite of the sea, and down the coast a bit opposite the waterfall.
((Also have your point of inspiration back, for your portrayal of Typhos's naivety.))

FAL
Thinking through the remaining fog, your memory becomes more clear, but still seems to have gaps. You feel a conflicting sense of vague unease and strong pride when concentrating on remembering it, but in the end you are confident that it does not belong to any of the major religions you know of.

Trill
You pop free the hinge pins without too much more effort. ((Yeah, using the same roll is fine.))

Inside the chest you find:
  • (1) Barrel Tap
  • (1) Silver Inlayed Drinking Horn
  • (3) Silver Bowl
  • (1) Silver Flute, with gold inlay
  • (1) Silver Bracer, matching in style to the collar you found earlier, and with a similarly cracked stone.

MAXIMILLIAN
((That is correct, he also had a trinket. I did list it. I'm leaving it up to you to describe it.))
As Typhos climbs higher onto the wreckage, you notice more details about your belongs in your grasp. Many of them are foreign to you, and your costume seems to be in a bit more disrepair than you normally keep it, and doesn't seem like it's been worn recently.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:16 am

Trill pockets the flute and bracers, but apparently can't figure out how to tap the barrel, and calls out to the others. "Pull her out...Pull her out", she says in the elf's voice.

Tap system: INT: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

She holds the tapping stuff out to whoever is willing to help.

Suddenly recalling something fortunate, she turns and taps the barrel.

Tap system: INT: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16

((Using a luck point to do so.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am

Scat feels very undefended, as he looks his over his person and finds that he holds nothing at all. He looks around suspiciously at the others and the weapons they carry. He slinks south toward the wreckage that he spotted from the cliff face, eager to find something that would explain where they were. Stealth: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 am

Max frowns at his costumes disrepair. Maybe he can find something to repair it later. He looks up at Typhos and flies up to him, putting an arm on his shoulder. He sighs and says softly, "I'm sorry green one, I did not mean to scare you so badly. I do not wish to harm anybody but those that wish to harm us first. I think you will do well, you just need to control it better to not harm any friends."
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 am

Typhos huffs and scowls at Max like a teenager.

"I TOLD you I didn't attack anyone and it was an accident the first time. I can control myself fine. If you don't believe me, then I don't have anything else to say."

He climbs back down and looks around the wreckage some more in case he can find anything else of interest (this is more likely to be things that remind him of the sea, or that are pretty colours than actual tools).

Perception: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

((Badge, you might have missed it, but Ty called out to everyone to show them the packs he found in the big chest. If you want your gear back, it's probably there)).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:53 am

Max looks taken aback at first then suddenly laughs. "Hahahah! You probably did, I forget things easily! I even forgot a part of whom I was untilrecently! We may have this talk a few moments from now and I don't recall a thing!

If it was not on purpose then it's okay! Mistakes happen green one! Learning from them is better!"
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:05 am

((yeah Ty is just grumpy cos he was being yelled at. He'll be fine in a few :) but for now he's going to sulk a bit and kick some stuff about :lol:))

Typhos humphs at Max, but accepts the apology.

"I'm going to look around a bit."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:09 am

Fal walks over to Trill who appears to be tapping something. "Well I hope this isn't a cask of Orc Blood Wine..." She says outloud.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 am

"Okay green one! I will try to ...open some boxes!" Max goes to fly back over to the boxes and tries to break the one he already scratched at with his talons some more.
► Show Spoiler

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:14 pm

TRILL and FAL

You succeed in placing the tap, and a mild sweet aroma tinges the air. You may each make an intelligence/history check to determine what wine it is by scent, or by taste if you'd like to pour some from the tap.

SCAT
You creep away silently, even the sand hardly stirring under your feet. Poking through the wreckage in the shade of the cliff side, you pass by mostly splintered chunks of wood and some cracked barrels, the contents long drained into the sand. Eventually you come upon an overturned rowboat, and a trail of something being dragged through the sand.

MAXIMILLION
((Here, Max can have a point of inspiration too, just for being such a swell-but-dumb guy.))
You succeed in gouging the wood even more, one of the boards that makes up the crates top begins to bend.
Please make both an strength and acrobatics check.

TYPHOS
Searching the immediate area, you find little else of interest. A few large sea shells, some dead fish, broken pieces of ship furniture, and a large pile of sand that someone seems to have recently gathered. ((Yes, this is the body Max covered.))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Intelligence: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

Fal lets a few drops fall into the cracked tankard she has and smells it to see if her memory can recall what the substance is...Though Fal for some reason knows she wants it to be rum...By the Gods she wants some damn rum right now...getting almost scragged by the loopy green guy...she could use some damn rum...hell even whiskey would be welcome right now...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm