Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:13 pm

600,000,000 Years

Intelligence: 66 (Highest Roll)
Superheated Acid: 34
Hibernation: 47
Regeneration: 15
Parasitic Relationships: 34

Super Mutations:
Seems like only one person specified what a super mutation might be, so Blinking's it.

Z. Reditori Croctinii, while not being threatened as much by U. Klixstem Faltoni from within their little tunnels and caves, has absorbed both enough of the "mental-manipulation chemicals" of the latter as well as crusted up enough tiny pieces of crystal D. Shloopi Dorfis to force a chemical change within their "brains". The cells divide, but this time the nucleus of the cell stays connected to every other nucleus in the clump of individual Z. Reditori Croctinii. This enables it to (while not "think" as we understand it) understand it is being hunted and rely on "gut feelings" and "inner instincts" both for probing weaknesses of new bacteria, and "understanding" that its individual cells are a community for survival.

And in the light of U. Klixstem Faltoni being able to close the gap, its instincts are saying "MOVE. Right now!"

Z. Reditori Croctinii ejects itself from its home in the tunnels to float once again upon the waves and get as far away from U. Klixstem Faltoni as possible. They can have the heat vents, they can have the tunnels, they can have the crystals of D. Shloopi Dorfis, whatever. Z. Reditori Croctinii needs to go away from the scene as fast as possible, and that's exactly what it does. It spews its larvae into an upper layer of the waters where it is too cold for U. Klixstem Faltoni to follow, and where the salt shells are now starting to crystalize and take on a harder, razor-sharp structure to deter potential predators from feasting. You are looking at the precursors of eggs here.

Z. Reditori Croctinii in the meantime has learned to create a small "tendril" towards its "head" that it uses to feel out the corpses of dead bacteria, and suction out any useful DNA or parts it could repurpose into something it could use. The tendril is also useful for suction, and you can attach it to the bodies of other bacteria without harming them (they'll notice once you penetrate them for DNA, but you can use them to travel on.

D. Shloopi Dorfis has learned to withdraw its salt webs, deconstructing the atoms in the blink of an eye and "suctioning" them into the crystal... along with anything that happens to be dried and dessicated / attached to it. The salt provides protection and a slight bit of regained material costs, but it takes forever to rebuild the webs on their own as Z. Reditori Croctinii has fled the scene, taking its secretions with it (which was the source of the salt that was capitalized on).

While it requires a lot more food now to rebuild the salt molecules (as a form of excretion) to create new webs, it instead designs a two-pronged "grasping pincer" appendage. They alter the crystals to have three holes instead of two for their appendages; one for the webs when they're formed (and which will be used for catching larger prey), one for the pincer, and one for its electrocution tendril. All the while it's giving off oxygen in the background as waste, bubbling up from the back unless they draw it back in for their bubble shield.

The bubble shield isn't enough to prevent U. Klixstem Faltoni's new ability to Blink -- they can blink past the shield or even in the space between crystal and organism, and feast on D. Shloopi Dorfis before it has a chance to react. Its numbers fall as U. Klixstem Faltoni's rise; it blinks around, striking everything but X. Hyea Aginessi with an advantage of surprise.

U. Klixstem Faltoni has learned to Blink! It withdraws its "mental" chemicals into itself, combines those with the magic of the tiny crystal pieces that naturally break off of D. Shloopi Dorfis' home, and "believes" it is elsewhere. Before it knows it, it is elsewhere, due to being in close proximity to the magic of D. Shloopi Dorfis' homes. Even though the Blinks are only a few centimeters in distance from one point to another, it now strikes like a snake when it appears, lashing out at whatever it can. It is highly successful at this, and is beginning to clean out some of the crystals for itself even if the water is too cold now to support them well.

J. Ayeik Pondo's shell is almost too thick to pierce (but is fried by the superheated water jets), while this is the final nail in the coffin for T. Vopal Gravimorium -- the latter has gone extinct.

In the meantime, the concentration of the emotional chemicals and mental chemicals to lull its prey into a stupor has had a surprising effect on U. Klixstem Faltoni -- it has developed instincts which are naturally drawing it to those who are least defensive (T. Vopal Gravimorium) or to where there may be a space inside the crystal behind its victim (D. Shloopi Dorfis). U. Klixstem Faltoni's new instincts are going to prove very difficult to evolve against if it knows where holes in others' defenses are.

How do you evolve now?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Civilization XLCVIII

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:58 pm

OH! From the sounds of it i thouhg you were going to take the highest roll from the batch and use that for super mutation. but blinking works wonderfully so i dont mind.

Hmm, I think we should work on telepathy that way we have communication and learn the weakpoints of our foes by reading thier minds/thoughts.

EDIT: The redit people seem to want to make anti magic fields. Maybe evolve something to counterbalance that next turn.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Hmm... Does it mention if the anti magic is magic it self?

I say that we should try and turn/create a copy of the blinking into a power based on physics then. Instead of magic teleportation, we simply condense space in front of us until it folds, allowing for "worm hole" teleportation...

Not a new ability, but two ways to use the same ability, thus making it really hard to counter...
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:04 am

Stay in vents and evolve geothermal feeding.
Last edited by twistedstraka on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:08 am

More "super" mutations will occur at every half billion years, and at every billion years, you'll get one "hallmark" mutation of your species that will become even more powerful.
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:34 am

Since both the other groups have major magic abilities, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that our post-larval form develops an ANTI-MAGIC FIELD Since we do not rely on magic, but both the other organisms do, having them launch an assault only to find themselves without their greatest assets. However, I think this will be a better investment if we do it later, I'm just getting the idea out there now.
It seems possible.

Also since they can absorb dna they may try to steal abilties. It's a lower ranked idea but we must be wary. Here I suggest going here and see what they are up to:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 am

question: What is our general size, shape and stage at this point? Are we a bacteria?

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 am

We are doing quite well with that blink and intelligence combo, lets not have anyone steal it.

We need to make sure on the occasions they get it well then kill the feeder. So w can either go aggressive or defensive. For defensive some form of Poison DNA, but seems a bit too niche so, along with G4/ four stranded DNA to make it uncopy-able.

Or aggressive we could give chase into colder waters, eat their larva or as a final death throw we explode and go in between worlds taking the feeder out of existence. Now i quite like this idea but i think this feels like a super mutation and it will be nerfed a bit. However we might be able to do this with our heat pockets anyway in a milder fashion.
As such My vote this round will be lets give chase and evolve cold tolerance.

New idea in later post.
Last edited by Patdragon on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 am

Okay...For my actual suggestion:

Gain so much resistance to heat that we are able to live inside of the heat vents, gaining energy, feeding from the heat directly. Hopefully to the extent that 1. we no longer need to hunt down opposing species and 2. living within the heat protects us from those who are not resistant to the heat.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 am

Do we always have to evolve to compete with the other species? If we're able to use the spiky bits from another bacteria to magically do our blink thing, can we form a mutually-beneficial relationship and essentially form an alliance to combine our powers?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 am

I don't think we should give chase. Sure, we have a strong combo going, and could continue keeping them as prey by focusing solely on developing what we need to follow them...

Or we could stay down here, mostly undisturbed, with the heat vent providing us everything we otherwise need, and become rulers of the deep. (I think at this point many have agreed it would be interesting to become nautical creatures of some kind...)

Then again, some would argue that we've evolved to be absolutely lethal, and if most of our food sources are gonna run away, that'd make that kind of pointless... I'm still sticking to meh vents for now, though.

Anyways, for this turn, I vote for... Not sure what'd be best to pick to be honest. I'll vote for tendrils to manipulate things with.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 am

Chemosynthesis (like photosynthesis, but no need for light), using the output from the vents to make our own energy to supplement that of prey we capture.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 am

(Yeah, path of "autogeneration" seems most useful if we'll become a bit more independent- Slower, but more reliable...)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Chemosynthesis (like photosynthesis, but no need for light), using the output from the vents to make our own energy to supplement that of prey we capture.
I wish that agreeing with one another made things more likely to work.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 am

I wish that rather than voting you could just give +5 to a roll (not giving a chance to crit), but our lord Aegis works in mysterious ways... :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 am

^Oh, like forgoing your suggestion to add +5 to something else...I like that. but I mean, he's not posting his rolls...so for all we know he's picking the one he likes the best....which I think is how Hot Pockets won the roll. :P

I suppose it's better than my games, where I lie to you by saying that I make rolls, but then I never do.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:47 am

BadgeAddict wrote:-SNIP- but I mean, he's not posting his rolls...-SNIP-
Last update Aegis wrote:Intelligence: 66 (Highest Roll)
Superheated Acid: 34
Hibernation: 47
Regeneration: 15
Parasitic Relationships: 34
I do think those are his rolls :P
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 am

I meant proof of rolls. :roll:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:50 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I meant proof of rolls. :roll:
meeh... what do I know.. I choose to accept it... :)

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:53 am

I agree with chemosynthesis.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 am

Hidden Content

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

Hidden Content
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:19 am

Hidden Content

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 am

As I like the idea of a chemoautropic critter and as such have striked out my previous idea to give chase. However as we are almost turning inyo a bateria version of an aboleth at this point im to to throw in a vote of versitle mucus.
It can help with insulation in the vents, resisting electrical attacks and clogging up any dna suckers. Who knows perhaps its a coating of our lsd.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 am

Eddited mine because of change of mind