Our Town OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 am

Yep, the worm would not work... That said, I would warn you guys if you really wanted to proceed.
The starfish would work, but in it starfish speed.. So roughly a year for an arm lost at the shoulder... But sure, that's a neat thing....
-Best regards LAYF

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:42 am

Apparently, a Linckia starfish -can- duplicate themselves by shedding an arm which eventually regrows into a full new starfish individual. source
Nature is amazing.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:46 am

So if only I had taken that starfish, I could have just made infinite copies of myself..?

Clearly I messed up. ;)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:07 am

Hehe... True... And I would allow that to...
But still, it would be a slow process... I think there are better ways... Even using influence it would take a while... And who know... There might be other down sides to making copies of yourself ;)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Phew... long update... I'll head for bed...

To m0rt, same update system as last time. I'll pm when its far enough.

To the rest, please note the monster knowledge option. if you wish, you can use ooc for talking about that...
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:26 pm

It's fine to just use the bullet points for Elore if it saves you some time LAYF- I try to keep the actual content/amount of suggestions on the low side, but it turns out that takes a lot longer than expected when it's a person talking rather than just a disembodied voice. ;)

Also, looking at the current amount of resources gathered vs usage, I'd suggest that some of the other suggestions this month could be to expand farms (Or start a rice farm even), or to make a proper bakery so we could turn flour into bread. I'd have suggested it myself, but I thought my post was long enough already. :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:22 pm

I'd like to see us put points toward learning about the tunneling monster, might be good to use some to figure out what more we can about the illness too.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 am

we should focus on the illness we could use those people when they are healty
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:26 am

We will tame the river monster, and her name will be Bessy.

...Although it'll have to be Badge getting himself a body and coming down here, since I'm not gonna go close to it. :roll:

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:34 am

not going to but could we force other avatars to do things ? like spend x points to do an action the player doesmt want to do

could we take an excisisting person as avatar , for a cheaper prize as we dont have to built a body?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:44 am

Possession is possible, but.
If it's players avatars it must be role-playing and agreed.
If you want to possess an npc, that can be done, but first you must find a possible target. Not everyone can be possessed... That will cost one point... The. You can possess that person, but the price varies... And some will cost points to keep control of... And to add, you will not gain the bonus other avatars gain...

One example. Elore does not want to jump over the river, but Mort is okay with it, then he and you can agree that you possess Elore and force her to do it... It would cost a number of points that you give to Elore, minimum one, and agreed between you an Mort.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:05 am

No, Asks, you don't get to control my character using influence. :roll:

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:13 am

im not gonna! just want to know if i could !

now be a good archer and burn down there fort, or ill i take over the mayor and make elfs illega':p

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:24 am

Although to be fair... Could she jump the river? How large is it, anyways?

Because assuming she could (Or could move to a point in the river that is less wide and do it there, also making sure there's no river monster), I might as well adjust her action to do an inspection of their camp for valuables, first- It's not like it'd take that long in that case...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:29 am

large enough for a 7 meter (21 foot) river serpent to live comfortably? which means deep enough as well. .==

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:31 am

Yeah, that's why I figured it was probably not gonna be possible. But the way LAYF worded it sounded like it was. (Or potentially only with influence..?)

Well either that or he means he could have me TRY to jump across... And fail horribly in doing so. :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 am

I hope its okay that I wrote so much, but I figured I would just put all my thoughts in one somewhat long post, rather than saying a little here, a little there, etc.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:56 am

Well....

Let's look at it (I have not, but just to let you guys know how I think.)

The longest jump made by man is around 9m (round up for simplicity) at the same time, you run 3 times faster than the fastest man alive. (in short bursts at least)
If you multiple the speed by 3, distance is roughly multiplyable by 9. (very simplified I know, but this is a game, give me a chance) ;)
That would give you a jump distance of 81m.
At max speed without any control at all. Jumping is not your force. I'd say the risk of hitting water is low'ish (20% each way) but the risk of injury is more prominent, with 30% and 40% risk (greater risk when jumping from town to the orc side, as you'd have to jump from a bit higher without knowing how the ground is where you land (soft or hard? Grip or slippy? That sort of things)

I'll say that that is enough to clear the river, at its widest it's 60m and 22 where it is most narrow.

Could you make it? Yes... Will it be risk free.. No...
BadgeAddict wrote:I hope its okay that I wrote so much, but I figured I would just put all my thoughts in one somewhat long post, rather than saying a little here, a little there, etc.
Absolutely okay, I'll read it trough and make it into bullet form, but yes, it's okay :)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:58 am

Would you hit the other side and die instantly from the impact...well... probably. :shrug: >:-D

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am

22 meters you swim that in mere seconds

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 am

I wonder if he could jump to the island and then jump across...

At some point, we should have them build a stone bridge to the island and then a watchtower upon the island. Eventually even potentially expanding our walls as far as the river and then to said watchtower as well.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:06 am

which will be difficult with nelly over here

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 am

nelly just essentially defeated the Orcs for us.

It was totally worth the three points I invested. And if we could get the people to sacrifice food to it now and then, it might become a protector of the village...which would be awesome.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:25 am

Hmm... I suppose 40% is acceptable odds given if she's careful. I'll adjust my actions somewhat in the bulletin points to have her try and scout for anything really valuable first...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:28 am

^Granted, with the speed of a cheetah, you could also potentially scout upriver (away from the serpent) a little ways and then jump/swim across at that point.