Our Town OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:52 am

Oh this has probably been addressed, but the "racial magic" we get is not the same as the influence magic we have, right? With the latter always being available for use (perhaps influenced by some factors?) while the former can be used effectively free?

You're right that high elf gets a cantrip and that could provide some interesting possibilities... Although I think that's most likely gonna be for who-ever is up next- (I'll donate two points if we're gonna try and do the group funding thing again... Maybe more if it turns out to be taking a long time, but now first thing I want to do is save some up for a rainy day.) Looks like whoever I'm gonna be is gonna be a (super) melee fighter of some form.

Also with the note of forest elves, I think for option 2 it would be a better choice over a regular elf- "Mask of the wild" would also give option 2 some stealth capabilities, something option 1 is quite evidently gonna be incapable of.

Speaking about the selection, I am myself trying to stay mostly neutral on it even though I technically have "4 votes"... Since the whole idea is "these are four characters that seem interesting to me, you guys pick." And the idea so far seems to currently be to definitely pick one of the two combat oriented characters. Any preference? It basically seems "raw strength vs strength+utility" (I think I am personally currently preferring myself to the elf... Has nothing to do with being at range and shooting stuff means less chance to get yourself killed. :shifty:)

You have any preference or suggestions Spider? You're a "major shareholder" what with also contributing 4 votes, so want to make sure your opinion is heard for sure.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:18 am

Yep, cantrips are different from influence. Influence is more like emulating/effecting chance and nature, while cantrips are... Well... Spells...
That said, remember that while you do get your races spell casting abilities, this is not normal... Only the god characters gain this... And some rare cases...

Consider the player handbook version of characters to be the top prime and rare version of the race... Class levels is not really a thing for anyone, but on top of the prime version you also gain the two animal traits as an extra bonus.... You are avatars after all...
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 am

I think the elf concept is the better choice for right now. Had the orcs still be camped out and threatening (and they may still be lurking close), the show of force a massive dragonborn brings could have helped to run them off. But range and recon seems the priority.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:58 am

So seems that's most people agreeing we need some kind of melee, Spider agreeing with the elf... If we're going purely off vote principle, me and him both could get up to 8 votes, so I think it's a relatively safe bet to say we'll go for the wood elf.

That sound okay for you LAYF? Because otherwise I'll send over a pm to sort out the final details and prepare for her introduction.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Well, we can begin the idea via pm.
But nothing is confirmed before either gathers agrees or its 24 o' clock here (3 hours and 50 min from now :))
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Oh I thought maybe majority donate got majority vote.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:31 pm

They do. But gathers asked if her points were locked. And since she has not been online yet since I answered, she still has the choice to pull her two points out of the equation....
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:33 pm

I think he's talking about that Gathers was considering withdrawing some points..? I suppose maybe we've been a bit quick on the draw, but I proposed if she wanted to switch or stay in so that I'd fill in the last slot, and while ideally I'd wait at least an actual full day, LAYF has already made clear he's got a schedule he'd like to keep- So I just decided to move things along...

Similarly I don't want to dismiss Gathers opinion on what the character should be, but we've already got sort of a majority vote going on our selection, so barring that she brings up some good points is probably not gonna change anything..?

Unless you mean that every one of us HAS to give permission... Which I suppose actually now makes sense now I think about it, because you are investing your own points into the character. Any disagreements would mean you'd either need to fix the disagreement, or get someone else to fund whatever points the disagreeing person put in. In that case we should probably get Stickfigures confirmation as well, since he put in a point too. (He did already suggest someone with combat abilities, which I suppose fits, but not an explicit ok to the elf...)

edit: Ninja answer. Yeah, I suppose worst case it'll have to wait till next month... Assuming someone else would also help by putting in the other point. :shifty:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Though I would imagine that once the character is created, you have zero say over what that person does with said character

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Yep...
That character will be the players 100%
And as said, can no longer talk to the mayor as a god, nor use influence freely (must now be on scene, while before you had free range)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:07 pm

So..what do you gain from being a character then?

Do you gain IP faster?

or just have the ability to do your own thing?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:17 pm

There are some bonuses, that I'll keep a surprise for when they happen.

But aside from that, you will have direct influence... Right now you guys can only suggest things for the mayor to do. But with a body you can do things directly.
And, it's risk free, should the body die, you just return as a god...

Basically, I send those with a character a small pm with a "pre update" on world events. And they may chose how their character interferes... But they will of course have limited time to respond...
That will then be part of the update...
-Best regards LAYF

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Don't worry about my vote. I'm good with whatever you pick Mort.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Apologies. Fridays are always insanely busy for me.

I'm fine donating the 2 points. I would prefer the elf.

I got an ability suggestion, how about as camouflage-able as a chameleon? Or as regenerative as an Earthworm (we could split them in half - repeatedly even - and create our own ARMY... >:D )?

Also @cart: did the previously unconscious people remember what state the cart was in? As in: was it damaged?
If it's not damaged (or at least still drive-able), we could try and take the work horse with the "expedition" and get the whole cart & contents back to our town. :idea:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:30 pm

no apologizes needed :)

About hte wagon, they are not sure... when they went for their weapons it was intact, but again, they never got their weapons before the creature attacked again.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Or as regenerative as an Earthworm (we could split them in half - repeatedly even - and create our own ARMY... >:D )?
That's a myth, all you get is two halves of a dead earthworm. Now a flat worm..
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:52 pm

I considered camouflage actually, but with the forest elf ability, she'll already gain some form of stealth. At some point you just hit some kind of redundancy. :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am

Well, okay, but the ability to regenerate limbs (e.g. starfish), when wounded is something I'd really appreciate to have on a fighter. ^^
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:11 am

In game BadgeAddict wrote:-SNIP- ^ what is this... Are we making more than one suggestion now? -SNIP-
Well, since it's only advice you give, I've not really limited anyone before, and I won't unless I need to, (but be fair, there is a lot for me to read and react to)
The mayor is free to ignore or dissagree (as seen this update) and at times can even change position on something mid month (also seen this month, where he suddenly allow the riders and Marcus to go gain the wagon of supplies, even if he feared it to much at the start if the month. But when Elore arrived he felt more secure and changed his mind...

So... Yeah... Feel free to make two-three or more suggestions in an update, just don't overuse it. Make room for other players...
in game spiderwrangler wrote:-SNIP-
**Provided I am reading the map right**

Our western flank is now the easiest route of access, -SNIP-
You are. I'd call it the NW entrance, but yes. (since there are two west and one east slope, I'd call the 3 for NW, SW and E.
But if at any point anyone feel unsure about anything, feel free to draw on the map to explain what you want/think/mean...

:)
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 am

Elore the archer

Description (Lazily copied as I sent it to LAYF...)

Elore, at first glance, has a rather lithe build. She's definitely not without curves, but any she does have is usually mostly obscured by her leather armor. (She wears realistic armor, not the ones you usually find where defense is apparently inversely correlated by the amount of skin covered... :P ;) ) If one were to actually get a proper look, they'd find her more "toned" rather than scrawny- Something again usually hard to notice.

Like is usual from the elves, she's tall- (Compared to a human at least, but probably a bit below average towards an elf.) She's got a fair, light coppery skin (As is usual for the race), pretty face... And brown hair that is loosely braided, going down to about half her back. (Think daenarys of got)
► Show Spoiler
Character

Elore is usually laid back, exhibiting a carefree personality while otherwise keeping a friendly air. Her carefree-ness does not extend to careless-ness however, at the very least not if it involves anyone else. As was evident when she immediately backed off on her idea for "potshots" at the orcs when worry was displayed, even though, according to her own words, she could have "Definitely would have made the shot".

She also seems to be rather curious, or perhaps "impulsive" is the better word... Having been called down to get off the roof on at least occasion after she, allegedly, "Climbed on to see if I could".

History

History she doesn't really have, essentially only having been "born" a couple days before, but the story for now has been that she was an old friend of the mayor... That didn't stop some asking what kind of work she did before joining the village, keeping answers to that question rather intentionally vague, most she had "revealed" being that she used to be a performer. She just hope she doesn't mess up too badly when they inevitably ask her to perform that juggling trick...

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:00 am

should we throw another 12 together and keep doing that till everybody has an avatar ? or just see what happens
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:22 am

Like I've said, if you guys want to try again, I'll donate some points towards it. (Assuming I'm allowed to, since I can't use my influence on a location that is not "near me"... And I've already confirmed with LAYF I'm not aware of most things that aren't directly relayed to the mayor.) Pooling twelve points together would probably be the fastest way to get another character in- The alternative is to start saving up until you have ten points and pay for all of it yourself.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:25 am

You may still donate the points in this case, but the gods must somehow make you aware of what they want to do, and more important, Where... You'll have to be on that location, at the right time. As you know yourself there are some limitations to the location and insecurity about the time... But you could sacrifice a week of a month to try and do it.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:30 am

Pffft, that sounds like effort... ;)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Well, okay, but the ability to regenerate limbs (e.g. starfish), when wounded is something I'd really appreciate to have on a fighter. ^^
Starfish also fits as far as being able to regenerate. Wasn't trying to be picky know it all, but LAYF did warn us that if you word it not quite right, you get what you asked for.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler