Our Town OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

I have not played a game like this before.

When it first started I thought it would be a one short page update, when they came up.

WOW, was I wrong. This game is a lot of knowledge and bookkeeping on your part LAYF!

and getting very in depth and I'm sure it will only get more so as time goes on.

Nice job.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

Thank you.
I do try my best, and excel and word links helps a lot...

:)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 am

^Not to add more work to you.. :D

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm

okay... I have edidet my layor in my sheet to make it player visible... I'll fin a way to update it better in game.

this is the current
SHEET OF POWERS

-Best regards LAYF

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:57 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I tend to show hostility when hostility is shown to me.
Sorry, but no. You/your chars tend to create situations to stir trouble for others, aggravate, provoke or even do harm to others, and when they react in kind and/or retaliate or even just ask you to stop, you escalate the situation, claiming you had every right to act this way, and even though the others do similar stuff, they have no right to do that. Measuring with two scales that is called in German.

And I'm not saying this to attack you or make you feel bad or anything, but as a friend, trying to help you understand. If you wish, we can continue this via PM.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:07 am

@badge, I never mentioned any names in my post. I was just playing in character as a benevolent god letting him know that some of the gods were absorbing lives that could have gone back to the bodies(wasnt attacking you just playing in character)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:44 am

I'm just going to start sharing some "maybe how to help the town/improve the town" thoughts here.

What if we created a Linking Crystal of some sort on the ground that allowed any person to "connect" with us as long as they were touching the crystal. The issue with speaking to them currently, is that we have to connect to them, but what if we gave them the ability to talk to us. I guess that would be kind of like a temple, but...well, similar to the mythological gods, I wonder if we should separate ourselves into various areas of "governance" whether it's true or not. There are currently 15 of us playing, so, when I say areas..I mean things like Nature, Weather, Harvest, The Sun, The Moon, Trickery, Death, Metal, Earth, Water, Fire, etc etc
^If we (can) create a "link" for the people to interact with us, I think it would be easier for them to think of us as governing specific areas of their lives, obviously this would be up for discussion and you could take whatever area you wanted, but gaining IP, at least in my mind, would mean being given mental recognition about a specific area in their lives.

Thoughts?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 am

That could work, but you need to remember that right now, the mayor is keeping us a secret for a very good reason- People are superstitious and easily scared. We're contacting specific people only mostly because just making everyone alert to "there's a bunch of gods watching you right now" just like that is going to make them all fearful.

I do agree we should slowly work towards making our presence know, if subtly- But trying to rush that is gonna do more harm than good.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:06 am

well, the whole "governance of certain facets of life", would be a good reason to understand why there are so many of us.

I think that each of us should slowly reach out to "pliable" people. The more people who know that we are watching over them...well, if the town is able to be ...."converted/convinced" of our existence, then newcomers into the town will be faced with a bunch of "convinced people"...

in fact, and I'm just saying this...having fewer people in the town will make this easier.

:P
Aegis will be a god of greed
Burns the god of the undead and the dying

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:10 am

Pretty much. We'll slowly pick out our "champions" one by one and have them do something fitting to our roles, be that from being a great warrior to master craftsman... And as we expand our influence as that, it'll start becoming more and more naturally clear they're under the influence of a "benevolent force", and we can have things progress naturally from there.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:14 am

Except for those of us who want to have avatars...I still haven't figured out how they will fit into the whole scheme of things. I suppose that mythological gods also had avatars that they used to walk the earth "for a time"....but the fact that we're disconnected from them once they touch down will become a problem.

In fact...from what what it sounds like...once you become a "body", you lose the ability to "witness" things without being present. Which could hamper your ability to learn....ooooo...hmm...

I wonder if it is possible to "un-avatar" yourself at only a minor loss of points. Like...say it took you, well 10, but it took you 12 to have a body and you...umm..dissolved back into a spiritual force, keeping say...half of your points that brought you to where you are. say..5 points...

That could allow us to move freely between the heavens and the earth at will...especially once we are able to bring in "more IP"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:28 am

I must admit I've not really read most of the previous updates very carefully :paranoia:

But my impression was that people know that gods exist but they might not expect a direct contact with the gods.

I'm trying to start at least some form of worship, starting with a shrine for the death
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 am

^So you're the god of death? hahaha

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:47 am

Together with burns and twisted, the necromancers
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 am

BadgeAddict wrote:^You may need to "probe" whether or not you can "add a blessing to a person". Otherwise you may waste your point.
BadgeAddict wrote:^So, I don't know how "share knowledge" works. But Pan is more than willing to share the fact that he "knows" that bless people is possible with the rest of you, including you M0rt...though..I'm not sure how exactly we go about contacting you.

Probe Synonym's: Study, inquiry, research, inquest, exploration, examination, delving, detection

Okay... This is not incorrect, but i think my convoluted and obscure about of information is creating some confusion as to exactly how powers work.
Basically, its math... and you can attempt any thing, even without probing... if you fail ill just consider that probing.. the down side of that would be that if you use 5 ip and fail, you learn just as much as if you just probed for 1 ip.

but that said... in the spoiler below I explain my Excel sheet and how i determine if a power use is successful or not, and I also explain how you "learn" powers. that part might be a good read for all if you wish.

POWER SYSTEM EXPLAINED
(No Spoilers within, only rules and technical stuff)
► Show Spoiler
Phew... i hope that helps clear up some things...

Oh.. yea.. and for division purpose in math... 0 = 1.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 am

But what if I want to divide by 0 and destroy the universe..? ;)

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 am

This is way to complicated, I will use the rule of cool, would it be cool if I could do that ? Yes, then I can do it
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 am

I was kinda leaning towards being a god of healing or if that isnt a big enough domain then healing and maybe nature or water, so I did kinda plan to turn the sickhouse into my temple if no one objects too strongly to that

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 am

Perhaps I'm confused...but can we "share our exp with others" ...or will I need to probe that to find out? :D

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 am

personally, I don't want to limit my deity to one "field of government".
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:07 am

Rule of cool is nice. but it has the one problem that it is hard to balance between multiple players, especially in a "time/update limited" forum game with so many options..
But i Agree, this is why i also said that the whole thing is a guide line for me, it may say failed, but ill allow it any ways.... such as avatars.. they work every time, but do have a difficulty, mostly so that if you want to force a NPC god into a body, i still have the mechanincs (not that i say there are any other gods or anything :paranoia: o:) ) ;)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:07 am

I'm not saying that you have to, I was merely suggesting that it may be easier to explain ourselves to the people that way, so that when they see "signs and wonders" they attribute it to us, which hopefully helps us gain IP.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:08 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Perhaps I'm confused...but can we "share our exp with others" ...or will I need to probe that to find out? :D
Exp? are you talking IP? then no...
If you are talking information and experience, then yes... when it comes to powers that would count as "heard of" or "seen"
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 am

Would it be too much work to make a copy of the sheet in question to allow me to investigate the codes in question? Your explanation gives me a good idea of the overall structure and it sounds neat- But I think seeing the actual sheet would help a lot towards fully understanding how it works. (Although basic gist as I understand is based on difficulty, experience, and points put in...)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 am

Sure... I'll just make a version without any spoilers :) I know Ask has connected us via Messenger, can you send me a message so i know where to send the document?
-Best regards LAYF