Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 FULL UPDATE

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.10

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:03 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
LAYF wrote:Spider, send a PM.
Ok, I did.
Doh... Meant "a pm send" as in, I had send you one :p
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8656
Location: Ohio

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.10

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 am

NOTE: One note on my Forced Connection. If the mayor is listening to us again, there is no reason to force the connection, but if he continues to ignore us, then I'll try that. (with the 1 point)

And if I may add one more thing. Pan will speak to the apprentice (if he able to) and say: "Take your time, search your heart, I am patient."
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.10

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:27 am

Accepted :)


Game is locked... update later today or early tomorrow :)
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:55 am

Our town
Year 0.
11


It is late fall

ACTIONS
Ask/Vraag: will keep trying to befriend the goblins.
Spider: tries to contact/analyze Elore. (4 point)
Twisted/Straka: helps Spider by healing Elore (1 point)
m0rt/Elore: Tries to help the others help herself (3 points)
Badge/Pan: Attempts to bless female smith apprentice (1 point)
Badge/Pan: Say to apprentice "Take your time, search your heart, I am patient." (no point)
Badge/Pan: Studies the blessings and healing in the sick house. (no point)
Badge/Pan: Tries to "call" the river monster away (1 point)
Badge/Pan: Tries to force a connection to the mayor (1 point)
Burns/Vultroxes: Tries to see if a chicken can be blessed (1 point)
Burns/Vultroxes: Tries to bless a chicken with long healthy (resistant) life and fertility (2 point)
Aegis: tries to Create/Locate mine to the west, iron or silver, with water source (3 points)
Gathers: Adds another point to continue apple tree saplings growth into late fall, resist disease and parasites (1 point)
Twisted/Straka: Tries to contact the nearest non nomadic healer and convince them to move to town (1 point)
Theis: Suggest and give vision of the symbol to the mayor (1 point)
NotStick: tries to contact the farmer again, offering assistance (no point)

SUGGESTIONS


Burns/Vultroxes: Inform about misunderstanding with undead vs resurrect dead.
Badge/Pan: Inform mayor about why he thinks the orc(s) are here, and suggest they let them in.
NotStick: Agrees with it, suggest to guard them while they are here.
Spider: Informs (The other gods) about Elore being poisoned but alive.
Spider: Informs the mayor that Elore is not sick but poisoned.
Twisted/Straka: thanks the mayor and informs him that saying "straka heal me" will gain the attention of the god to try and do just that.
Twisted/Straka: Informs the mayor about the healer (if he finds/convinces one)
Aegis: Will inform the mayor about a mine (if he finds/creates one) by a vision if possible.
Gathers: Repeat suggestion to scout for other settlements/invite people
Gathers: Suggest building an open chicken house/pen
Theis: Compliment the mayor on the feast, suggest he uses a special symbol during burial rites and general everyday life.



The mayor, as usual goes into his small praying room, but this time. He does not pray. He just stands there.
After some time, the gods decide to try and talk to him. They all say the things they feel they need to say, but he does not respond.
In an attempt, maybe out of frustration, Pan focuses his influence, just as he has done with others, and try to communicate with the mayor this way.
At first, he thinks that maybe he has done something wrong, but then he realize, he did not in fact it worked fine the mayor can apparently hear the gods without any problem he has just chosen not to answer.

After a bit of time, the mayor shrugs. Turns around and leaves the small room without a word.

Image
After that experience, the gods are extra careful to see what is going on in the town.
Apparently, the mayor does consider your advices, because two men are send out, one on horse, the other on foot, to scout the surrounding areas, but bot to the old world, the mayor simply cannot see where he should take them from for so long.

One god takes this opportunity to try to do something good for the town, he concentrates! His plan is to create a mine of silver or other usable metals, but he quickly finds that doing so requires much more energy than he is willing to spend, so instead, he focuses on finding a spot. And he does what he finds is not as ideal as he wanted, but it is better than nothing, to the south east, not far from where Elore crossed the land bridge to get to the orc camp. He finds a cave under ground, this cave is rich in cobber and even some few gems and jewels.
All he has to do is make the thin layer of soil above it break and crumble just at the right time, so that one of the scouts will spot it! (*This is within the points, no need to declare an extra action next turn)


Pan, having just tried to contact the mayor, remembers his first contact attempt, the river monster. Focusing on how he did the first time, the tries to call the monster to another location, away from the town but it feels like he is not putting in as much effort as last time .. the monster hears him, but ignores it it knows that prey is here!


Back at town, the mayor goes to see Elore on the fourth day of the month, he sits at her bed side. Looking at her he sights. Then starts talking out in the air, as if to Elore I guess the others can hear me, but I am not sure you can one of the gods informed me that you are in fact alive in there.. and I hope you will recover, if nothing else, Magnus seems fund of you, and loosing you after all that happened may be too much for him He pauses
 I I am at a lost point Elore Magnus told me what happened at the cursed town and you saw what happened here at the same time it does not take a smart man to figure those things are connected
You and the other gods you have done good things for our town but.. Ive come to realize something!
You are not as perfect as one would think gods to be you make mistakes, bad judgment calls and even react by instinct.. And.. I dont know..
Its
I turned to prayer because well at that point. Because it was my last hope!


Just as he says the last words, Elore starts to move. Her and two other gods has put a lot of effort into waking her up and now she finely opens her eyes as she does the mayor stands.. looks at her shortly before he turns and goes, offering but one sentence before he is out the door Glad to see you are awake!

The day after, Elore is fully up on her feet, Magnus, who apparently has been by her side most of the time, stays there, whenever he is not on guard duty, he is by her. Not saying much just being there.
Elore decides it is time to talk to him:
► Show Spoiler
To that Magnus mostly just stare into the empty air, after some time, he starts to talk You know my mother her husband he stops him self. A mixture of anger and sadness in his face. He gets up and leaves, not saying a word.
Elore does not see him for the rest of that day, or the next. Over the month she only glimpses him from time to time when he is on duty.

Elore, mostly at a lost, decides she should at least talk to the mayor about the river monster, suggesting people stay away from both the river and the moat. The mayor accepts the suggestion, but does not stay to talk besides that.
All in all, Elore, and the other gods feel. Alone


The mayor constructs chicken house behind his house.


Its not long before the river monster does in fact shows itself again, this time jumping up on the east side of the river, the guards report that they saw someone on the other side fishing. A head count shows that it was not someone from the town.

Pan again tries to make contact with the smiting apprentice, this time, extending his power to try and bless her, not much, just inspiration and skills it it is working he is not sure how, or how much but he can feel it feel her head swimming with ideas, her muscles knows just how to strike and her eyes knows what color of flame is just right to heat the metals she is still not a fully learned smith, but her skills has jumped maybe half a year. A leep that quickly shows as her work, is by far better than the other apprentice, who was a bit ahead of her the day before.
Pan takes this as a chance to present himself again, just a bit.  Take your time, search your heart, I am patient.  as he says the words, she stops in the middle of a strike of the hammer, looks out from the shop and says So the mayor is not as crazy as we thought. Or I am.
**(Pan has now opened up the apprentices mid for communication. While he will always have ÔÇ£first dipsÔÇØ on talking to her, all the gods can do it. Elore and Vraag do not get in on this connection, because they had a body when it was made)

On the second week, another god, Vultroxes, decides to see if other things than houses and humans can be blesses what about animals chickens? Searching the small flock the town has she finds the most open minded of the chickens it was way more easy than she thought, all of them seem open minded she could definitely do something here, and with ease she believes.
Two things, she decides to do two things, first, she finds the string of life in the chickens soul, she stretches it drags it longer while adding her influence to it and then, seeing as that was a success, she also start to shape the chickens fertilely again, a roaring success this one chicken will now be able to live to the age of 30 or even 40 years 40 productive years.. laying 3 times more eggs than the other chickens


A group of four travelers comes by the town, they proves to be merchants on their way east. They trade a variety of exotic wares, and among them, a poison that can be applied to arrows. Elore desides she needs to take care of the river monster, one way or the other, and the irony of poisoning the beast is not lost on her.
She decides she must talk to the mayor, asking if she can borrow the needed money from the loot she and Magnus bought back to the town. At first, the mayor is hesitant, but.. he asks her for what, and after some time agrees. But aside from the poison, he decides the town should save their money, should the need the help of the sell swords at a later point, he would rather pay money than food.

With all this success going around, and the mayor actually talking a bit to Elore, the other gods feel encouraged maybe.. if they keep doing these small, but good things, they can flip the mayors opinion back
One god continues her work form last month, making the apple trees stronger, able to handle both sickness, cold and parasites pushing her powers into the tree sapling she feels that most of it was a success no natural sickness will be able to take these trees, and cold will not affect them at all, they could grow in arctic conditions if needed but the parasites she just can find a way around that for now

Pan decides it is time to study the blessing on the sick house, looking into it he finds something interesting from his former studies he knows that any ongoing blessing will need some sort of energy source for small blessings on living things its easy, it will gain it from the one it is in, but a dead building and something as potent as this healing blessing? Well, is should require some sort of energy given to it at all times but, none of the gods supply it it gains its needed energy form somewhere else?

Another god, decides this is a good time to see if he can send the mayor an image.. a symbol with instructions that it should be used around town, in the sick house and at the graves The mayor does not react but.
The gods do not know if the mayor is feeling their blessings raining over the town, if it was the vision send to him, or if it is just a coincidence. But he makes a decision regarding the last orc. A hunter has just returned, telling him that the last orc has been found unconscious in the forest, high with fever and mumbling in its sleep.
The mayor looks up into the air whispering ÔÇØI hope you are not wrong in this!ÔÇØ before looking at the hunter and saying ÔÇØ Go get Magnus and two other men, get the orc to the sick house. He is to be guarded at all time, and if he awakes, I want to know!ÔÇØ

Another god, the one who had found the open minded farmer tries to contact him again.. But the man is still too stubborn, and not using any influence, it does not seem like he can get through to him.

Lastly, in the long line of godly influence, Straka decided it is time that the town has a real healer, and therefore he extends his vision, searching far and wide for someone who can heal calling that someone to the town suddenly, a sharp pain rings trough the heads of all the gods, Elore and Vraag included then it disappears some thing feels wrong and not like the mayor not trusting them wrong but like wrong with the world wrong Straka did find something..

Some days later, the scouts who was send out return, the one on horse sadly has not found any towns, he did find some corpses that looked like they had suffered the same fate as those who died in town during the plague town incident. But all of them were travelers, no one was in any settlement.
But the one of foot has more to say he reports that he has found a chasm, not many miles east from here, filled with copper and even some gems, as proof, he lays a handful of dirt full of small gemstones and copper ore on the table.
But that is not all he has found he also found an orc town one week east of here, it is not the same orcs as those Orkork had with him.. and the town is abandoned.. a few dead orcs were still there, all seemed to have died from the same illness that had effected the two outside and the one inside town. It looks mostly like a severe case of cold.

The last week goes without any special things happening, not until the last few days
A woman arrives at town, dressed in a light gray robe, she presents himself as Kayala, healer of wounds and illness.
The mayor.. not wanting to just take it for good words sends her to one of the hunters who has gained a small wound on the arm during an accident.
True to her words, Kayala puts her hands on the mans arms. To anyone in mortal flesh, nothing seems out of the ordinary, but the gods the gods can see something screaming figures stands behind Kayala, as they scream they fly around the room, suddenly one of them flies to the wound and the wound closes, the figure emerges from the wound, holding a ball of burning red.. a ball of pain. The figure then flies out of the building right over to Elore. Enters her and disappears. Elore, feels nothing.. only the gods saw this.

The mayor, convinced of the healers abilities welcomes her into the town, suggesting that she takes up residence in the sick house and if she feels like it, treats the orc in there with a smile she promises she will.

The following day Elores arm starts to itch then the itching becomes a burning feeling and lastly pain looking on her arm, she sees that a wound has appeared a wound far to identical to the one she saw a hunter with a few days ago She also feels something else... it is as if the wound did not come alone... she feels she gained something... influence... can that be right?

Quickly figuring out what is what, she decides she must talk to the healer but she cannot seem to find her alone at any time so many people goes to her for help, for a talk or just to see her perform her skills
Image

BACK TO THE START OF THE MONTH, BUT AT THE GOBLIN CAMP:
Nothing much is happening at the Goblin camp, not until halfway into the first week, where Tuhu is given a task from the chief Vraag does not hear what the task is, but decided to follow.
While following Tuhu, Vraag tries to sneak trust into the Goblins mind tries to make him feel safe around Vraag. He is not sure if it is a success a goblins mind is a complicated one.

After a week Tuhu gets to a big cave within the forest.. knowing that he cannot follow into the cave without being seen, Vraag decides to test if the goblin trusts him now, and presents himself.
It goes. Better. But not good Tuhu Says he will not have Vraag follow him this is Tuhus task, and he will do it alone Vraag, not happy, accepts. Knowing pusing it may be to much.
So he waits outside the Cave, one hour, two hours, five hours pass then he sees Tuhu coming out a bag over his shoulder.. and one arm missing.. the goblin looks to Vraag wispers help! and then passes out from blood loss.

Not vesting any time, Vraag hurries to the goblins side, binding the little guys wounds, he does not know what else to do He lights a fire and tends to the goblin two days pass, and the goblin still has not awaken thinking what he could do, Vraag suddenly feels a sharp pain through his head.. something is wrong wrong with the world. Just.. wrong. Then the pain disappears
The day after, Tuhu finely awakens
Together Tuhu nad Vraag ventures back towards the goblin camp Tuhu promises Vraag that he will try and convince the others to let Vraag in but also says it will take time, and that Vraag should stay away until then.
Vraag decides to accept, or to at least just stay and watch as he has done before.

As Tuhu returns, he is welcomed with a feast, the goblins celebrates the return of their brother for three days, they drink and eat
Lastly, they decide it is time to move camp again, to a new camp, this one with a 3rd totem, apparently this is the brother of death, the only totem that looks (somewhat) like a goblin.
A group of goblin hunters arrive at the camp, asking refuge. Two of them are hurt and a third is missing they inform the chief. The chief accepts, but he and the hunters also agree that there is no point in sending anyone out for the missing goblin.. he is probably already dead
Vraag could go looking for last hunter, the Chief does not seem like he has any intention to spend man power finding a "probaly already dead" hunter.


Image

.[tabs:Our Town status]
Population.

The current population is: 1 Babies, 1 Kids, 0 Young adults and 18 Adults of working age.
There were No unlucky deaths and 0 Births this month

What are people doing?
► Show Spoiler
Buildings/constructions
► Show Spoiler
Under construction
► Show Spoiler
Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler
Money, Animals, Tools, Weapons and armor
► Show Spoiler

Other
► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Eastern tents]
9 Orcs (mostly unnamed):
NOTE!!! THESE ORCS ARE NIT HERE!!!
1- Big orc, the Chief warrior named Orkork with bow, two bone axes and a two-handed sword
4 2 Spying orcs
8 4 Adult orcs.
3 2 Riders
a spike wall.

[tabs:Goblins in the south forest]
12 Goblins (mostly unnamed):
1 goblin named Tuhu
1 Chief
10 unnamed and 1 baby
5 hunters. two wounded.

[tabs:Gold fur tribe]
**Only the riders has seen the Gold fur tribe:**
20+ Beastmen (mostly unnamed):
1- Sharman and Weather teller named Fahra.
19+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:Named NPC Characters]
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Mirimi the Rider
Orkork - Chief warrior of the orcs from the eastern tent.
Fahra ÔÇô Of the gold fur tribe, - Weather teller and Sharman
[tabs:World map]
Image
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Green dots are the rute the two riders had taken to get her from the "old world" to their destination when attacked.
*Red cross is where the two riders were attacked
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)

[tabs:Player status]
Aegis: 11 Influence point. /No character yet.
Ask: 1 Influence point. / Vraag the high elf.
Badge: 6 Influence point. /No character yet.
Burns: 1 Innfluence point. /No character yet.
Gathers: 5 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 3 Influence point. / Elore the wood elf, archer with sight of a hawk and speed of a cheetah..
NotStickFigures: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 0 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
Theis: 1 influence point. / No character yet.
twistedstraka: 0 Influence point. /No character yet.[/tabs]

NOTE 1!
How to make a character
Read more in the OOC: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =223651#a2
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words
Posts: 95

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by twistedstraka » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 am

Hmm I spend 1 point for knowledge on kayalas "healing"

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4187

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:48 am

Vraag is absolutely tired of the way the goblins have been treating him, he is a god come flesh and should not hide in the shadows, he will not be denied what is his any longer

This month he will make the goblins pay, they can either follow him or pay in blood.
He will wait patiently till the first night, having studied and watched them for 2 months he knows there watch sceduals there patroles by heart,he will wait till 2~3 am before he strikes, using his powers of mimicery he will hide in the bunches blending into his serounding not moving a muscle, throwing a small rock against a tree near by he will lure a goblin into the woods (only one and not if he knows any other is near by) he will wait till the goblin is striking distance away before he bashes its skull in, striking strong and hard hopefully killing him instantly, he will hit his head several more times if not the case (if the plan fails or he is spotted he will , run and hide till the coast is clear)
Having killed the goblin , he will loot a knife or sharp object off its object, decapitating it, and sharping a stick, he leave the body mutilated behind, placing the head on a stick in a clear visable spot for the tribe but not visable engouh for him to be be seen placing it, he carves his question mark symbol into the forehead of his victim

He will remain hidden for the rest of the night, waiting for the goblins to find his little gift

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4753

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:24 am

use 1 IP to do the "same" (prosper and growth) with the wheat and/or rice, as with the apple trees. Or any other crops they might have (I don't think they do, but who knows)
Limited Internet Access until Friday 26th October.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8656
Location: Ohio

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:33 am

To the mayor, pan suggests that a team of men is sent to the Orc village to plunder any resources that may be salvageable.

To the apprentice. "you are not crazy, do you feel the skill in your hands and strength in your bones? I will continue to gift you with this."

To prove himself once more, pan draws upon his power and places 5 IP worth of blessing into the girl.

"you have become a child of pan... All I ask, when others question you on your sudden increase in ability, tell them that I, Pan, empowered you and that he is willing and able to empower others as well. But you will always be my most cherished."
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15504
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:30 am

"Be wary of the healer, she does not really heal but rather puts that wound on someone else. Look at Elore's new wound, does it not look the same as what the hunter had?"


Vult blesses Ms. Clucky the long lived with any blessing gave/given to her to be dominate genes so she can pass them down to her children and her childrens children and so forth.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15095

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:02 am

I inform Elore about the 'healer', and what was seen.

Power expended in healing Elore, and the Mayor seeming to need some space... cast my godly vision to the abandoned orc town and see if there is anything that triggers 'god senses', if so, inform Elore (if the connection persists), else the mayor.

I the meantime, I continue to watch the healer and report to Elore anything additional.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4187

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:20 am

Ignore last post vraag tired of trying will spend a few days of the first week looking for the Hunter, if he doesn't find him and tuhu doesn't deliver good news he will move south, hoping to find another settlement

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1421
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:26 pm

To the Mayor:
I have little to add that the other gods are not already telling you. I would like to you know, though, that I am trying to be able to talk to one of the farmers in town. Hopefully he will be willing to listen to me. If he could then let me know what skills he would like upgraded, or what else I could do to assist him with making the crops for the town be more prosperous.
I wish to help make it so the town never feels hunger.

Once again, without points again, I will try to contact the farmer. Persistence might pay off. Maybe.

User avatar
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master
Posts: 4046

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Not happy with the result, the "presence" focuses again. The cave wasn't to his liking, but the scouts will find it and that is enough. Further to the west, maybe a few steps from the cave and secluded by several trees so it's hidden from prying eyes, the "presence" spends six points to raise weather resistant and cold resistant plants -- nourishing ones, like raspberries and strawberries. Not truly an orchard but bit enough to reap one or two bountiful harvests. Any scout finding the cave will notice an animal trail leading to the position of the "orchard", so they have two things to report on.

Any scout entering the orchard will feel the "presence" attempt to contact them. "I know your village needs help to survive. This is how I am able to assist. Spend the resources wisely and I may contact you again."
Discord: https://discord.gg/FcqbHap
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12069

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 am

(I'll assume that, since Spider knows the information, and has contact with Elore, that he'd share the information the others attained.)

So by the sound of things... She might not be evil? Still, if her "prayers" are gonna start moving every wounds that occur to the village to her... Well, it's not hard to understand that is not exactly to her liking.

So to that end, she decides before anything else, she'll deal with that... First order of action to notify the mayor of what happened, pointing out the wound- Stating that she'll need to talk to the "healer" about it, and find out how exactly her power works... She'll add to it that, assuming she can otherwise be a regular healer, she's not hoping to chase her away or anything- But she would prefer if she didn't end up transferring a lethal wound to her...

With the word of warning that things could go south, she next up goes to confront the healer... Assuming she can't find a moment to talk to her while she's alone, subtlety be damned- Simply outright asking her if they could speak.

Once talking, she states that she knows she gets her powers from some kind of divine source, or something special at the very least... She asks where from, where she learnt her prayers, if she has any ill will towards the gods... If she can "replenish" her power.

She's trying to keep an eye on the "healers" expressions and intents while questioning her, trying to determine what her intentions are... If they are mostly good aligned, she'll show the wound and state that it'd be best if she kept that ability sparely used, although it'd probably reveal what she is to her... Assuming they seem more sinister... Well, that depends. Maybe we could do that as an inbetween action once we get to that phase, LAYF..?

Barring that something goes catastrophically wrong with the healer, she'll next move on to dealing with the river beast. Although... A head on battle at this point probably isn't enough- And with how strong the river beast seemed to be, she doubted just the poison arrows alone would be enough for it to work.

But if it was already weakened...

Elore alerts the mayor she has a plan to weaken the river monster before she'll try to poison and kill it for good- It might get a bit angry in the next few months... But should either grow weak enough to fight, or move on to fresher waters where fish might still swarm- And goes off towards the river to do just that.

She looks for the river monster with her eagle eyes, eventually catching eye of it from a safe distance... As she begins focusing, speaking aloud.

"Beast of the hunt- It is true you are a mighty foe, but your might has granted you arrogance and greed- It shall be these that will be your downfall, now you have chosen to mess with powers you do not understand."

"I am Elore, goddess of the hunt, and so I decree- Let them know of your might. Let those around you know of your presence, and know you are to be feared. Let whatever prey you put in your sight know you have seen them, let them know where you are."

"May all your prey henceforth know of you- May they know to avoid you- And may you never have a good hunt again."

(The final goal is to create an "aura" around the beast- making anyone nearby it aware of it's presence, especially ones it considers "prey" and it tries to put in it's sight, and while it wouldn't be an "fear" aura per se, it would be an aura that says "it'd be a good thing to get out of the way"... Fear aura's: good for keeping things away or feeding on fear, not quite so if you want to eat things.)

Actions for this month:
>Deal with healer
>Spend 2 IP on cursing the river beast

OOC: The idea is that the river beast will give off a "warning aura"- Alerting anyone it put's it's eyes upon, or is just generally in it's vicinity, to it's presence and that it is dangerous... Have fun hunting when everything will know you're coming, beastie. I considered different form of curses, such as make it so it can't eat anything/whatever it eats turns into sand or something similar... But that sounds like it'd be more expensive, and would probably cause it to start going on a rampage... I mean, it probably still will, but at least we'll know it's coming and can just get out of the way in this case. ;)

Also, I decided "sight" and "speed" are best linked to "the hunt"... Which is mostly for artistic purposes and I don't expect to have any effect, but still, if everyone is gonna be picking a niche here... ;)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6875

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:21 pm

The divine entity decides to reveal himself to the apprentice as well now that Pan has opened her up to the gods.

"Greetings young one, I am Teotl, a god just like Pan so worry not. I have a task for you and your new awakened abilities granted to you. Craft at least five copies of my symbol, one for the graveyard shrine, two for the sickhouse, one for Elore and finally one for the mayor. He will recognize the symbol and prove to you that neither of you are crazy. Now go forth and grab your tools and the copper for this task and I shall bring you a vision of the symbol once your are ready."

I will spend one point on assisting with the creation of my symbol, including a vision of it. If she refuses I'll just save the point.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8656
Location: Ohio

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:30 pm

^You stop that..she is mine....mineeeee

I has dibs on communication...but I may be willing to share..see my PM.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6875

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm just borrowing her while she's adjusting to your blessing o:)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8656
Location: Ohio

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I have dibs... >:-P
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15504
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Vult tells her and the mayor to breed Ms Clucky with the best rooster.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 am

@All

I have a hectic week at work, I'll answer knowledge rolls ad agreed in the ooc. But the update will not be before the weekend...

m0rt asked for an in between update
And.. Well, it is month 12. And something "big'ish" happens, a half way update would give you all a chance to react to that.
What do you guys think? (please answer in the ooc)
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
Posts: 392

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Tea » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:41 am

We should explore the tunnels left by the tunnel-monster. They could still be usable as secret passages out of town either for escape or for ambush. At the very least, we should send someone to make a map of the tunnels.

And ask the healer if she would teach one of the townspeople her...er...abilities. With her god, she is able to transfer wounds, but perhaps if we understood more about how that worked our powers could be used for healing without the side-effects. And maybe find out about whom her patron is.

And I'd like to use 1 influence to inspire work on the balista. And 2 influence for the irrigation system plans. It's about time these projects got some progress.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8656
Location: Ohio

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 am

► Show Spoiler
Pan speaks to the Apprentice:
"Young one, you should know that there are other entities in the heavens besides myself. They may ask strange things of you or make weird demands. Pay no mind to their whispers and requests; I will protect you from them. You may call upon me at any time and I will be there, ready to respond to any questions you might have or provide comfort in your trying times. Know this above all else, your life is your own, I care deeply for you and I wish to bless you, all you need do is accept the blessings; I offer them to you freely."
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 am

BadgeAddict wrote:
► Show Spoiler
"
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8656
Location: Ohio

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am

I'd rather do what I did, with the speaking, hopefully that works.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6875

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 pm

So that's how it is, guess it has to become a pissing contest :roll:

Teotl will approach the mayor as well

"We, the gods have decided to show our good will upon your town. We wanted to reward your faithfulness but at the same time are growing weary of your fainting faith and have started contacting other villagers. The sweet young smith apprentice girl is one those and may soon surpass the chief blacksmith in skill. Ask her to craft the symbol out of your copper, it will teach her to work with the metal and working with smaller and finer objects, which will be valuable for the town in form of trade goods. I'll make sure the weary gods will stay their hands, for now."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply