Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 FULL UPDATE

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.11

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 pm

It's not so much a pissing contest...as my efforts to bring her to my side without burns convincing her to let him bring back the dead....call it me being a protective parent (at least right now)

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 pm

(vraag retires from being a dirty wood hobo, and comes to the town to ask for the apprentice hand in marriage)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

denied

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:It's not so much a pissing contest...as my efforts to bring her to my side without burns convincing her to let him bring back the dead....call it me being a protective parent (at least right now)
But I'm not convincing her to bring back the dead. I am asking to give Ms. Clucky the best mate since mayor is kinda ignoring us.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:denied
he murders her instead then, and lets burns raise her corpse and marry that

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 pm

But why don't you go find your own apprentice instead of bothering the one that I spent so many IP connecting with.

Essentially, stop mooching off of my hard work here.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Because I just joined and didn't consume the souls of the innocent o:)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:59 pm

(oh god blackmailing right there buddy, i accepted my evilness, u are the one who needs tot redeem himself =p )

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Please take the ooc to ooc guys.
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 am

I would like to change my mind on spending the point on information, instead I would like to try and use it to bless the healing house by appearing a small font with perpetualy clean water with a blue cross and straka written on it.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:32 am

I'm sorry, but since you said yes to gain the info up front, it is to late as the info is already given.
If you have not seen it it is here:
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 71#p226071
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Oh yep mb, I didn't see that. The ooc can get a bit clogged :p

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 1st day

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Our town
Year 0.

It is early winter
FIRST DAY PARTIAL UPDATE
ACTIONS // NOT DONE YET (Can be changed)
Gather: Do same to wheat/rice as Apple trees (1 IP)
Pan/Badge: Blesses the smith apprentice (5 IP)
Burns/Vult: Blass Ms. Clucky with dominat genes. (How much?)
Spider: Look for anything power related in the old orc town (Free version)
NotStick: Try to contact mayor again (for free)
Aegis/The Presence: make nourishing, cold and weather resistant plants (barries) with one/two good harvests and a trail leading to it, and a "auto call" from the presence (6 IP)
m0rt/Elore: Curses the river monster to be always "noted" especailly by pray. (2 IP)
Theis: Assist with the creation of symbol (1 IP IF she is willing) (Opposed by Badge)
Tea: Improve knowledge on Balista (1 IP)
Tea: Improve knowledge on irrigation system (2 IP)

ASk/Vraag will: Spend the first few days looking for the hunter, if no good news (hunter or from Tuhu) move south looking for a settelment.

TALKING // NOT DONE YET (Can be changed)

Badge/Pan: plunder orc village (to mayor)
Badge/Pan: Talk, copy from posts (to apprentice)
Badge/Pan: Warn about other gods (to apprentice)
Burns/Vult: Warn about the healer, mention wound (to mayor)
Spider: Informs Elore about everything Healer related.
NotStick: Informs the mayor about his attempt to contact the farmer and what he would like to do.
Theis: Talk to the smith apprentice (opposed by Badge/Pan)
Theis: Talk to mayor about getting the smith apprentice to make the symbol (To mayor)
Burns/Vukt: Informs that Ms Clucky should be breed with the best rooster (To mayor and smith apprentice)
Tea: Explore the tunnel monsters tunnels, make a map, see if they have potential, good or bad. (To mayor)

ACTIONS // DONE
Twisted: Gather information on the healers ÔÇ£HealingÔÇØ (1 IP)
m0rt/Elore will: Talk to/deal with the healer.

TALKING // DONE
Tea: Ask the healer to teach how to heal to others, how does she do it? who was her patron (To healer)

**IÔÇÖve only used the two mentioned actions, as this partway update may give people a reason to change their actions.

One of the gods decides to look into this healer, and how her powers work.
She learns that Kayala use some sort of divine magic. or so she thinks at least.
For some reason she hold energy much like Influence points... where she has it from you cannot say.
When she heals people she in fact uses parts of this energy, then she prays one specific prayer May the screams leave with your pain, may the gods take your wounds, for this I pray, for this I pay!"
Her energy does not seem go up again, it is a limited supply, and you do not know if she has a way to replenish it.
Another thing the god have noted is that she does not seem to interact or communicate with the "spirits" that flows around her in any way, you are not even sure if she knows they are there.

This of course makes the other gods curious, one of them decides to inform Elore on the new gained knowledge and Elore decides to talk to the healer, deal with her if needed.

As Elore shows up and gets Kayala to the side, another god also decides to talk to Kayala, asking if she could teach her powers to others, and more details than that.
Kayala, is more than willing to talk. Leading Elore into the sick house, she says I was unsure if you were really an avatar no offence, but you do not strike me as a that powerful, but then again, I have never meet one who was not already anchored seeing Elores puzzled gaze, maybe even feeling the confusion of the gods she continues Oh Do you not know?.. You dont do you? You and the others of your line do not know what you are? How young are you? Ten years? Five?... Younger? She says, a combination of surprise and fear in her voice.
Seeing Elore becoming more puzzled by these exclamations she draws a deep breath then continues I guess I made a bad dessision then I hoped you were more powerfull. Then.. I guess my only chance is to show you Ill show you all that I know.. just just dont judge me to hard!

Kayala takes stick of charcoal and starts tracing her skin with the black lines, As she draw symbols on herself Elore (and the other gods) at first gets nervous, but as the symbols are completed, the gods somehow understands them they are not threatening, she is opening her mind to them! And this experience teaches them a lot, also a lot about them self.
//Spoilor for pure info, no flavor//
► Show Spoiler
As Kayalas mind opens up you all see a myriad of memories, emotions and fears.
You learn that when Kayala was young, a lot of kids in her town started to die from accidents, stupid accidents, they seemed to act reckless and fearless near her.
As she grew older, the effect seemed to grow with her, when she was a teen, teens was effected, and when she became an adult, adults would suffer the effect.
Soon she was hunted as a witch, but while she knew why, she did not feel it was her fault nor fair, she never tried to do anyone anything it just happened.

She then walked around for many years, avoiding all contact, until she meet him!

A necromancer who called himself Araquax, or king of the dead. While she did not like his manipulation of the living, the dead or their souls, she was desperate to learn how to suppress the effect she had on others. And for some reason, a reason she still do not know to this day, Araquax agreed to teach her.
Araquax, in his arrogance had informed her that he was in fact, a god. A being created by the mind of someone like Kayala, but much, much stronger.
Of course, she did not believe him a god that was absurd.
But, none the less, he did teach her to control her powers
He thought her a lot about the world and how its magic worked (see spoiler above).. Most of the things she did not believe.. but still, she listened

Then a year ago she and Araquax encountered an artifact, an urn. At first Araquax had laughed at the urn, making fun of whoever its content had belonged to saying that he himself had killed his brother, Uroquzzl some hundred years ago, but to prolong his suffering, he had bound his brother to the ashes in the urn
While Araquax taunted the ashes, something happened, a ruby that he wore around his necklass suddenly started to glow, and then the light left it, as if dragged into the urn! Araquax got furious, so angry that Kayala feared for her life. Araquax ordered her to take the urn and throw it from a cliff, into the deepest lake she could find.
But Kayala disobeyed her former mentor, she took the Urn and stove it away in a fox hole, hoping to use it against Araquax later.
Bidding her time, she returned to her mentor. Started to collect knowledge on her own, to find a way to protect herself against him Still, she did not believe he was a god, only that he was powerful and ancient, and that Uroquzzl had been the same
Then something happened a voice a voice she somehow could not deny belonged to a god, called out to her She hear it and while at once relived to having found someone who maybe could help her against Araquax, she also got fearful that voice confirmed what Araquax had told her that there was indeed gods that he may indeed be one of them.
As she realized this, she hurried to cast a spell that would hide her, her and anyone, mortal or god, from his scrying and she fled but.. When she did, he felt it she does not know how but he felt the spell take effect.. And again he was furious she could feel the earth shake and the energy change as her former master destroyed a whole town in rage, and with it every soul and natural influence source around it he cursed the area he was in if any god ever set their legs there, he will know

She herself decided that she could not travel directly to Our town, so from the town in the south, she tracked first east, then far north, then west and then south again until she found Our town She had hoped to find strong gods here now.. she fears the future and the day that Araquax does find her and the town

In regards to her healing, you find that she can indeed heal people, also without harming anyone it was simply a way to spot any Avatar.. She had been looking for whoever received the wound, but had for some reason not considered the Elf a possible target, she was looking for a magican like Araquax and Uroquzzl had been.

And with that info. You may all change your actions/suggestions if you wish.
**NOTE, I will allow you to vote for use of the soul bank already if you wish.

.[tabs:Our Town status]
Population.

The current population is: 1 Babies, 1 Kids, 0 Young adults and 18 Adults of working age.
There were No unlucky deaths and 0 Births this month

What are people doing?
► Show Spoiler
Buildings/constructions
► Show Spoiler
Under construction
► Show Spoiler
Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler
Money, Animals, Tools, Weapons and armor
► Show Spoiler

Other
► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Eastern tents]
9 Orcs (mostly unnamed):
NOTE: The orcs are not here, these are their last know numbers.
1- Big orc, the Chief warrior named Orkork with bow, two bone axes and a two-handed sword
4 2 Spying orcs
8 4 Adult orcs.
3 2 Riders
a spike wall.

[tabs:Goblins in the south forest]
12 Goblins (mostly unnamed):
1 goblin named Tuhu
1 Chief
10 unnamed and 1 baby

[tabs:Gold fur tribe]
**Only the riders has seen the Gold fur tribe:**
20+ Beastmen (mostly unnamed):
1- Sharman and Weather teller named Fahra.
19+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:Named NPC Characters]
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Mirimi the Rider
Orkork - Chief warrior of the orcs from the eastern tent.
Fahra ÔÇô Of the gold fur tribe, - Weather teller and Sharman
[tabs:World map]
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Green dots are the rute the two riders had taken to get her from the "old world" to their destination when attacked.
*Red cross is where the two riders were attacked
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)

[tabs:Player status]
Aegis: 12 Influence point. /No character yet.
Ask: 2 Influence point. /Vraag the high elf.
Badge: 7 Influence point. /No character yet.
Burns: 2 Innfluence point. /No character yet.
Gathers: 6 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 3 Influence point. / Elore the wood elf..
NotStickFigures: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 5 Influence point. /No character yet.
Theis: 2 influence point. / No character yet.
twistedstraka: 0 Influence point. /No character yet.
[tabs:Soul bank and worshippers]
The soul bank can be used by a majority vote.
The ÔÇ£Soul bankÔÇØ currently has:
2 Willing souls (Power miracle or exchange for 3 IP to each god)
6 Drifting souls (Power miracle for some time or exchange for 1 IP to each god)
14 Forced souls (Will become IP at end of year, cannot be voted for)

The gods has 3 ÔÇ£True WorshippersÔÇØ
Giving them the following:
Image[/tabs]

NOTE 1!
How to make a character
Read more in the OOC: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1699&p=223651#a2
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:07 pm

As much ap as i have and if it dont work then more later

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:58 am

I vote to use the soul bank for either protection from other gods or fertility for all living things.

i will chat to kayala if I can( not sure if summoning her gave me a link. ) "Hiya, Im straka not sure if you can hear me but anyway but Im the one who called out for a healer and you came. All I want is for creatures and people to be healthy so I look forward to helping you with that if you stay and want to... If there is anything we as gods should do to protect this town from your mentor let elore know... or if you want my attention just pray to me Straka and I will hear it and do my best"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:51 am

I suggest we keep the willing souls in the bank for now and use a drifting soul as a temporary boost to fertility for all living things.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:00 am

I'm all aboard on the increased fertility train. I would like to have that effect be permanent so having a willing soul powering it would be more beneficial and maybe use 3 drifting souls to increase the strength of the effect. That way we go 50-50 on it and hopefully get the best of both
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:12 am

But, From my understanding, once a willing soul is used, you can't get it back right? I guess, I would always try to leave 1 willing soul in the bank, in case we need it for an emergency.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 am

Hearing Kayala's story, all is instantly forgiven- She thanks her for all the information, and promises optimistically that everything will be alright. While not too powerful, and admittedly very young, there's many of them willing to work together... And as it sounds this Araquaz might be a threat to them, too, so she was more than welcome here.

On that note, the rest of the month continues as usual...

OOC: The "willing souls" could likely be useful to permanently power a miracle, although I'm not sure what we could do that'd be worth it. I'm almost more tempted to say to just turn them into IP instead so anyone can use them as we please... But it appears we'll all be getting more IP to be working with soon anyways.

I'd suggest just keeping them for now as we try to decide what we want to do with them. An "eternal garden" as Aegis wants to do might be worth it to enhance their food supply...

I'm not sure what is meant by "anchoring" yet, although I suppose it's supposed to be cryptic... For now, at least.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:17 am

If that's considered 2 votes for not using a willing soul, then you can count me in that vote...I think using them immediately isn't wise. But casting a temporary fertility...I mean, then we can see how useful it is prior to making it permanent.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:52 am

SOUL BANK VOTES (6 votes needed for majoraty)
There is no need to vote against, as voting for will need a majoraty to work.

Use a Willing soul to make the land ever fertile - 2 (Twisted, Theis) (Needs IP for the original miricale)
Use a Willing soul for a protection vs other gods - 1 (Twisted) (Needs IP for the original miricale)
Use a Drifting soul to make the land ever fertile - 1 (Badge) (Needs IP for the original miricale)
Use 3 Drifting souls to boos the effect of the fertility miracle 1 (Theis) (Would not need IP as its an addition to another miracle)

BadgeAddict wrote:But, From my understanding, once a willing soul is used, you can't get it back right?
Correct, any soul (willing, drifting or forced), once used is used, the willing and drifting do not die, but cannot be reused for other things.
M0rtimer wrote:OOC: The "willing souls" could likely be useful to permanently power a miracle,
Exactly, either to permanently "fuel" a miriacle, so it is lasting, or to give each god 3 IP (so 1 willing soul = 3 IP for each and evry god, or 3 * 11 IP with the current amount of gods)
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 am

LAYF wrote: There is no need to vote against, as voting for will need a majoraty to work.
Majority of the players, or majority choosing one option over the other?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am

I think you missed 1 option:

Do not use any of them at this time (Mort)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
LAYF wrote: There is no need to vote against, as voting for will need a majoraty to work.
Majority of the players, or majority choosing one option over the other?
► Show Spoiler
BadgeAddict wrote:I think you missed 1 option:

Do not use any of them at this time (Mort)
Nope, as I wrote there is no need to vote against, look above.
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:18 am

Ahh, I misunderstood...thank you for clarifying.