Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 FULL UPDATE

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.10

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

On seeing the sick Orcs waiting at the gate and feeling the draw from the healing building, Pan is able to put them together in a bit of understanding, unfortunately the mayor had cut off contact with them and was no longer seeking their advice, but Pan felt a strong need to get through to him.

Attempting Force contact (1 points).

Mayor, one of our number has made the healing building into a miraculous place, able to heal the sick and wounded who are resting within it's wooden embrace. However, there is a pull that this building has on the sick of the world in the immediate area. The Orcs that have come to the village do not seek to harm you, only for healing. While I am not suggesting that you trust them completely, I would ask that you allow them entry into the village and then into the healing hut under guard. Once they are healed, they can leave the village or, they could even be willing to stay. I realize that this might mean other species, non-humans would come to your village, but after the loss of life that you had, and you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 pm

"That was an excellent celebration and you heeded my advice to let the people join. You've prospered in that regard and we have gifted your town by blessing your sick house as reward for your good faith thus far. I will just ask you to make this symbol to be spread around your town, but especially the sick house, shrine and altar."

I will send him visions of the symbol showing it made with different materials, from very primitive to extravagant materials. Using 1 IP to do this

"While materials matter, so does the effort in their craft. Do this and we may grant your town another boon, one of joy and renewal."

He'll also suggest more housing might become relevant in the future
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Vultroxes reaches out to a chicken and sees if xe can bless it (1 spirit point)

If xe can bless it then put 1 point to make it more fertile, 1 point to make it long living and less vulnerable to disease.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

"This one has contacted Elore-god... they are trapped within the mind of their poisoned body. The serpents poison keeps prey asleep while its hunger rages... with enough of us, we may be able to purge Elore-god of the poison... or find some way of cutting the beast off from influencing her fleshy form."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks for the apple mr mayor I hope the sick house serves you well. If someone is in grave need of healing just have someone pray to me in the sick house saying "straka heal me " I cannot promise I will have the power to heal everyone but I will try.( on that note who is in the sickhouse atm with what injuries?)(I would like to spend a point healing elore)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:13 pm

"Straka-god, Elore is whole of body, it is her god-essence that is unable to make the body move. We may be able to purge the poison, but it will likely take a combined effort. This one will be able to let her know when we are about to begin the attempt, so she might try to push it out as well, but this one feels that it would be most effective done at once."

To the Mayor (if he's willing to take the call): "Elore wishes you to know that she is... alright, and that the sickness is not one that can affect your people. The river serpent's venom has temporarily halted her, but we are working on a way to restore her to health."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 pm

I was meaning ill add one point to the group effort sorry if its not clear

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:55 pm

(I don't want to use influence before I reach 15, but...) We. Need. Resources.

I'm going to spend 3 influence to raise a small mine of valuable metal ore (probably iron or silver) out of the hills to the west, in an easy-to-defend location. It will be easily spotted, as moonlight will be reflected from veins in the cave opening, catching the eye of a hunter or a scout. The mine also has a clean water source (spring or stream) running through it.

Hopefully I can send an omen or dream (that the mayor is willing to listen to) that the mine is out there without spending another point.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 am

repeat my suggestion from last time since he didn't seem to put into action any of them
If the above doesn't count as suggestion this turn, suggest to build a chicken house/pen (but don't keep them in there. They should be free to choose whether to be in or out)

action: spend 1 IP to ensure continued growth and prospering of the apple orchard.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 am

GathersIngredients wrote:repeat my suggestion from last time since he didn't seem to put into action any of them
If the above doesn't count as suggestion this turn, suggest to build a chicken house/pen (but don't keep them in there. They should be free to choose whether to be in or out)

action: spend 1 IP to ensure continued growth and prospering of the apple orchard.
► Show Spoiler
That suggestion is still valid :)

The ooc:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:00 am

Elore, as it appears they'll be trying to brute force the poison away, is going to sacrifice three influence of hers to help purge it...

(Not happy being down to one again, but better than being in bed for another month...

Also looking back at the update, I guess neither point one or two that I proposed happened? You noted the "probing" I wanted to do didn't work out, but not specificially about talking to Magnus)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 am

► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:55 am

Since the healing of Elore doesnt seem to be taking off, Can I make contact with the nearest non nomadic healer that is young to middle aged?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:57 am

OOC: Don't worry, it worked. More points could be pumped in to make it act faster, but it's working.

Although I'm not sure if I was supposed/allowed to share that info, but I'm guessing you helping would have given you the info that the toxin was "slowly disappearing" too. :paranoia:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:01 am

twistedstraka wrote:Since the healing of Elore doesnt seem to be taking off, Can I make contact with the nearest non nomadic healer that is young to middle aged?
Sure, with or without points? (without points would be like searching for it manually...)

@m0rt: you were supposed to use spider as your "connection" but that's okay, I guess the result is the same... No need to worry :wevil:
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:14 am

with my point I should be getting :PI have a feeling im going to be the god of many things .... many really small things.

If I get to talk to him as well I will introduce myself as Straka a fledgling god of healing and ask him(or her) to move to the town and take up residence in the sick house as this town will need it, I will let them know that symbolism helps my kind do more and that my appointed symbol is a blue cross. If they seem hesitant I will promise to help them improve in the ways of healing any way I can.

If they do agree I will let the mayor know what they look like and that they are here to help the town.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:09 pm

twistedstraka wrote:-SNIP-( on that note who is in the sickhouse atm with what injuries?)(I would like to spend a point healing elore)
Sorry, i had missed the first question. as of right now, Elore is the only one in there (well, and Marcus/Susie/Anthon on shift watching over her)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:25 pm

SUGGESTIONS:
Burns/Vultroxes: Inform about misunderstanding with undead vs resurrect dead.

Badge/Pan: Inform mayor about why he thinks the orc(s) are here, and suggest they let them in.

Spider: Informs (The other gods) about Elore being poisoned but alive.
Spider: Informs the mayor that Elore is not sick but poisoned.

Twisted/Straka: thanks the mayor and informs him that saying "straka heal me" will gain the attention of the god to try and do just that.
Twisted/Straka: Informs the mayor about the healer (if he finds/convinces one)

Aegis: Will inform the mayor about a mine (if he finds/creates one) by a vision if possible.

Gathers: Repeat suggestion to scout for other settlements/invite people
Gathers: Suggest building an open chicken house/pen

Theis: Compliment the mayor on the feast, suggest he uses a special symbol during burial rites and general everyday life.

ACTIONS:
Ask/Vraag: will keep trying to befriend the goblins, partly by trying to scare the ***t out of them. and planting false memory (1 point)

Spider: tries to contact/analyze Elore. (1 point)
Twisted/Straka: helps Spider by healing Elore (1 point)
m0rt/Elore: Tries to help the others help herself (3 pints)

Badge/Pan: Attempts to bless female smith apprentice (1 point)
Badge/Pan: Studies the blessings and healing in the sick house.
Badge/Pan: Tries to "call" the river monster away (1 point)
Badge/Pan: Tries to force a connection to the mayor (1 point)

Burns/Vultroxes: Tries to bless a chicken with long healthy (resistant) life and fertility (2 point)

Aegis: tries to Create/Locate mine to the west, iron or silver, with water source (3 points)

Gathers: Adds another point to continue the apple season/apple tree saplings growth into late fall, resist disease and parasites (1 point)

Twisted/Straka: Tries to contact the nearest non nomadic healer and convince them to move to town (1 point)

Theis: Suggest and give vision of the symbol to the mayor (1 point)
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm

I'd invest the points I have remaining in healing Elore if needed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:03 pm

I don't want to make the apple trees bear fruit longer than they would normally, that might drain their strength. I want to help the saplings/rooting branches grow strong, even if it's not the best season for that. Keep them safe from parasites and/or illness (tree-specific). That sort of thing.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Spider, send a PM.
Gathers: okay, altered it :)
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Dont forget my point of probing!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 pm

LAYF wrote:Spider, send a PM.
Ok, I did.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:23 pm

I will try to contact the farmer again, but without using any points and see if a communications path is already open or not.
I would just say, "Hello. Just say aloud what would help with your farming, I'll see what I can do to assist you."

To the Mayor I would say, "I agree with the other who states that the orcs are here because they are ill. It might be a diplomatic and a overall good thing to do, if you let two come into the hospital, under guard, and see if they can be healed. Friendly orcs, or at least non-hostile orcs, would be a great thing for the town."