Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 FULL UPDATE

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.3

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:33 pm

M0rtimer wrote:(Forgot about that, but in that case, definitely agree. I'll edit my post...)
Actually, I may be mis-remembering that... :shrug:

Still think the swordsman should be captain over the archer, at least until we have enough guards that they can be co-captains and the other can be promoted.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:12 pm

The orcs might be friendly. They might bow to the enlightening influence of the Great Mayor if we could convince them to become our allies. We should tie a message to an arrow (in simple pictographs to avoid any language issues) and have our best archer shoot it towards their spies. Convince them that we have alcohol, but it's hidden in a "secret location" so they need us alive in order to access it. However, if they have any iron or can provide us with weapons, we have the best brew on this side of the frontier!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 am

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:20 am

Those orcs ain't friendly if they've already raided once. I'd say best defense is good offense (especially something as bashy and bruteforce as orcs) but we've got a lack of population. We need to scare them off or make it not profitable for another raid. Dig around the outer wall and get the stream to block off as a moat?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.4

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:57 am

Our town
Year 0.

As time goes summer draws near, This time, the mayor does not even have to go in and meditate, he just thinks of his problems, and suddenly he hears the gods voices in his head.
"If you ever wish to expand your village, you will need in the future, and especially now under these circumstances, a leader for your guard, a captain so to speak. Your sword fighter has been training admirably, -Promote him to captain both as a morale boost and to create a central point of order should the guard expand in the future. For now he could focus his effort in help train the others- While the dedicated guard could wait with too much greater expansion, with the orc raiders nearby for now you will want everyone able to fend for themselves." the first voice says.

ÔÇØDoing this is a great idea, Magnus Klinge will make a fine captainÔÇØ the second voice agrees.

And the third voice clings in ÔÇØBe aware that the mill is nearly undefended, you should expand your defenses, set pikes into the ground, creating a small hindrance all the way around, only leaving a small way in to the town. The produce training dummies, to better train your menÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Hmmm. When you do that, clear the trees east of the towns hill, they could be used as an entry point, either by chopping them down or just climbing them!ÔÇØ
The second voice says.

As always, a fourth voice the adds ÔÇØThe orcs are clearly up to something, you should send someone to spy on them, the small island in the river will make a great view while still possible to hideÔÇØ

Taking a few seconds as always, the mayor is about to reply when suddenly three new voices enters his head. A bit shocked he takes a step back and then listens.

The fifth voice comes in clearly ÔÇØWhen in the forest to spy on the orcs, take your time, look around the ground and trees, are there any medical herbs, any nuts, mushrooms or other usable recourses?ÔÇØ

And then the sixth voice says ÔÇØAnd when on the island, and when you have seen what you need to see, have an archer fire an arrow with a message to the orcs, tell them you are willing to trade brew for other recourses, make sure they understand they cannot get your brew without you all alive!ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£They are not the least friendly!ÔÇØ
the seventh voice says ÔÇØUse offense as your defense when you can, until then, dig a moat, expand the trench and fill it with water from the springÔÇØ

Taking his time, the mayor ponders all the new ideas he has been given.
Then he answers ÔÇØTari would be very proud if I name her son Captain of the guard, and Magnus has done a good job. IÔÇÖll do that.
But Ill need to expand the guard, Ill give Magnus a bow also, and the two more towns guards with bows for now
Defending the Village is important, if we chop down the trees around the cliffs we could start building a small wall around the mill, maybe even in front of the east slope, then build a moat around that! For now, I think IÔÇÖll instruct the production of a spike wall and a moat as suggested, then expand it to a wall later. Chopping down the trees will also help our watch guards.
We can spy on the Orcs, but IÔÇÖll be a dead man before I initiate trade with this tribe, they killed six of our own less than three months ago, unprovoked, and IÔÇÖm sure the town would have my head before they would accept such trade anyways.
And any recourses we find will be gathered. We could use it!
About training dummies, I agree they could help, but I cannot prioritize that right now

And so the mayor instructs his town.

Magnus Klinge is thrilled to be named captain, and he is quick to find two more guards! The increased patrol seems to have an effect on the orcs, while their spies are seen more often, they also keep a greater distance now!

The trees a quickly cut down, much to the interest of the orcs apparently, as their spies are seen more often, and now always four or five at a time.
The town now has a huge supply of both construction wood and firewood.

Sadly, no medical herbs are found in the woods, only a few eatable mushrooms are added to the storage.

Spying back on the orcs proved more difficult on the other hand. Getting to the island is difficult due to the strong current, and even when there, it does not have a good view of the orc camp. It does allow you to note one thing, this camp is all male orcs, hunters and warriors mainly, and they are more than 8! 10 at least, the biggest orc among them is nearly twice the size of the others.
Lastly you see that the orcs have been chopping down a few trees, and are building another raft.

The moat is coming along nicely but slowly, at least the pike wall was fast to construct.

The Blacksmith only produce a single bow this month, taking more time heling with the moat and spike wall.

Lastly, two horse riders shows up, they comes riding in from the west, where no known civilization is, they seem disorientated and loks as if they are not in control of their hoses.
When they finally reach the town, they fall of theirs horses, both of them are wearing nothing but a thin set of clothes, multiple scars on both them and the horses indicates recent battle. One is a man and the other a woman both in their thirties.
The horses are scared, wounded ad dehydrated, but otherwise seems fine, both are branded with a the symbol of a sword and shield inside a horse shoe.

Three more characters has been named and detailed in the OOC. Susie Farmhand, Tari and Magnus Klinge..

.[tabs:Our Town status]
- Population 18+2*./0** available.
- 1 Well
- 1 Large Wheat farm.
- 1 Work horses.
- 1 Blacksmiths workshop
- Water driven mill flour mill.
- 2 Watch towers.
- Trench
- Brewery in the mayors house.
* Two unconscious men and worn out horses

**Under construction
► Show Spoiler

Blacksmiths workshop
► Show Spoiler
Flour mill
► Show Spoiler
Brewery
► Show Spoiler
Guards
► Show Spoiler
Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler
Weapons
► Show Spoiler
Other
► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Eastern tents]
- Population: 10+ Orcs

[tabs:Player status]
Gathers: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Badge: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 3 Influence point. /No character yet.
Ask: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
Aegis: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.

[tabs:NPC Characters]
20 from Our town:
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Unnamed young adult - blacksith apprentice
Unnamed young adult - blacksith apprentice
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Unnamed adult - Miller
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Unnamed adult - town guard
Unnamed adult - town guard
Unnamed adult - watch guard
Unnamed adult - watch guard
6 Unnamed adults and young adults - 4 comming up with plans for ballista and a irrigation system,
2 unnamed unconscious adults, one man one woman.

10+ Orcs:
1- Big orc with bow and two-handed sword
4 Spying orcs
5+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:World map]
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)[/tabs]

NOTE!
The players now have 15 points among them.
12 is all it takes to manifest a body. (10 if you have all the points yourself)
Read more in the OOC: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =223651#a2
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:22 am

"Have one of your guardsmen equip the spare sword as well- Hopefully our bows and position will be all that is needed to deter an assault, but if it is not we will want some men able to hold themselves in direct combat.

For now, continue work on the moat. As for the two injured persons- I would advise taking care of them, although try to find out their origins as soon as possible. I doubt the persons to be trouble themselves, but they might bring it... Be sure to have your guards keep an eye on the west", too, just in case."

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:23 am

NOTE!
The players now have 15 points among them.
-Best regards LAYF

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:52 am

nurse the unconscious people (and horses!) back to health. ask them where they came from, and what the brand on the horses means. Offer them help, if they behave nicely. Offer them beer unless their religion, ethics, etc. forbids it. Ask if they would assist with getting rid of the orc camp.

Also, gather some material that is light and burns well. Send someone to the river in the night to shoot fire arrows at the rafts. I want to hamper the orc's mobility.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:55 am

While logs are in abundance, build a log roll trap that can be released to sweep orcs off the roadway up to the village hill.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:18 am

I would like to attempt to use my influence points.

all 3 points - A large serpentine fish-monster (2 or 3 times bigger and many times longer than an Orc) (FreshWater-Sea Dragon) finds it's way to this area of the river and decides to live here. It violently protects the river, smashing boats and rafts that dare attempt to cross the wide river.

(While this hurts the orcs from crossing, it also prevents the humans from crossing...but I'm willing to accept that.)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:26 am

No medical herbs is going to be a problem. We need to send a scout through some unexplored terrain... slowly... ("You are our eyes, not our fists.") and look for something, anything that can be used to heal, otherwise we'll be dead of everyday cuts and bruises. I second helping the two riders; if they're hurt, they're not hostile in the current situation unless they're incredibly stupid.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:27 am

or...we could use the hurt people as bait, to kill some orcs

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 am

tend to the wounded and the horses,treat them well we need allies

build a small building with some of the lumber to house and cure them,we need a place to heal the hurt
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 am

Suggest we have one of the youth or females that is not too busy work on weaving nets. They can be used for fishing in the smaller river near the town, or in the larger river if a group goes to do it safely.
Secondarily, the nets can be used as a weapon or trap if we get invaded again.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 pm

We should make more alcohol--a batch for us, and a batch we can poison and send to the orcs as a "gift". And some poisons might be useful for our weapons anyways, we scoured the forest already for helpful plants, but did we look for anything harmful?

I second leaving the travelers out to see what the orcs do with should they not cooperate with us; but we should definitely keep the horses. Some animal labor might help the irrigation and moat projects go faster.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.5

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:21 am

Our town
Year 0.

THER IS AN INTERLUDE THAT ADDS TO THIS UPDATE, RIGHT HERE.
Seeing as the mayor now has a new dilemma, in form of the two riders, he starts his usual prayer ÔÇØGods above, again I ask for guidance. As always, your advice on any matter is welcome and important to me, what I really wish help with is the two strangers that has arrived at our gate, what should I do?ÔÇØ he asks.

And as always, the gods voices comes to him. The first saying "Have one of your guardsmen equip the spare sword as well- Hopefully our bows and position will be all that is needed to deter an assault, but if it is not we will want some men able to hold themselves in direct combat.

For now, continue work on the moat. As for the two injured persons- I would advise taking care of them, although try to find out their origins as soon as possible. I doubt the persons to be trouble themselves, but they might bring it... Be sure to have your guards keep an eye on the west, too, just in case."

ÔÇ£I agree that we should help the two riders ÔÇ£
the second voice says ÔÇØbut you should also nurse the horses back to health, they could be of good use. When.. If the two gets back to health, offer them some brew, ask if they can help us against the orcs!
Either way, have your best archer sneak down to the river, fire a burning arrow at the rafts, it will not stop them, but it will slow them down.ÔÇØ

The third voice says ÔÇØSpeaking of the injured, you should build a house meant for the sick and injured, to keep them in a calm place and avoid any illness spreadingÔÇØ

ÔÇ£ Yes, helping the injured is the right thing to doÔÇØ
the fourth voice says ÔÇØYou should also send someone out, scouting the areas around us for medical herbs and other useful things, but only to scout!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£We could also use the injured as bait? See what the orcs will do, maybe kill some in the process?ÔÇØ
says a voice that somehow seems occupied with something else!

A sixth voice then says ÔÇØIf, the injured proves troublesome, we could use them as bait, but either way, we should get the horses back to health, they could prove useful indeed. One thing to do is produce more of the alcohol, then poison some of it and leave it for the orcs ÔÇ£to findÔÇØ
A voice the mayor has not heard before then speaks ÔÇØYou should have someone whoÔÇÖs hands are free start weaving fishing nets, they can be used in the river for better fishing, or if need be to build traps!ÔÇØ

Then what will be the eight voice starts speaking ÔÇØSpeaking of traps! With all the logs you have laying around, build a trap that when sprung will send rolling timber down the sloops of the hillÔÇØ

The mayor, as always, takes time to think, this time also waiting to hear if more voices tones in. then he answers ÔÇØUnless they attack us, I will not leave two injured out as bait. I shall instruct my people to build the house for the sick, to take care of the riders and their horses! If the riders can help us or give any information we shall gladly take it.
As for the Sword, IÔÇÖll give it to one of the towns guards.
IÔÇÖll make sure the watch guard patrols all sides of the town.
IÔÇÖll see if we can fashion something to use as a good fire arrow, slowing down the orcs would be helpful.

If we manage to slow the orcs, IÔÇÖll send someone out to scout for herbs and other things we can use, for now, I dare not be without as much as a single hand, as for poisonous brew! Some of my earlier batches proved to be to foul to drink, it could render any man blind, maybe orcs wont notes? WE shall see.

When the moat is done, we shall see to build a trap at each slope and nets for fishing too!ÔÇØ

Lastly, one of the gods starts a calling, calling out in the world, luring a creature, a monster of the river to come closer. As he expends more and more power, suddenly he hears a voice, a bestial voice ÔÇØPREY!!!ÔÇØ
A monster heard he call, and if the god is right, itÔÇÖs coming but is currently far away.

The towns guards man gains a sword
They also build the house for sick and injured.
A few bottles of poised alcohol is left at the edge of the moat construction site overnight, and sure as could be, next morning its gone. The good news is that the orcs fell for it and stole it, the bad news is that no one saw them coming in the night!

Two days later, when working on the moat, suddenly four orcs jumps out from hiding behind some tall grass! They attack the workers. Luckily the guards are not far away, and quickly comes to the aid.
The orcs pulls back without hesitation. And at first it seems all is well. Until someone notes, one man is missing!

Suddenly a voice booms over the grass ÔÇ£YOU TRY KILL ORCS! POISON ORCS! ORKORK NOT DIE FROM YOUR PISS! ORKORK BIGGEST ORC, ORKORK KILL YOU!ÔÇØ looking in the direction you all see the biggest orc, lifting a man over his head. Throwing him to the ground and burring his axes in his stomach and face!.

Then the orcs takes for the river, one of the watch guards manage to hit, but not kill one of the smaller orcs!

Saddened and angered the townsfolk puts more work into finding a way to stop the orcs!
After a week, one of the blacksmiths apprentices manage to find a good way to produce fire arrows, and both watch guards sneaks down to the river in protection of the long shadows at dusk! Firing multiple arrows the manage to not only burn the rafts, but also one of the orcs tents before they have to retreat as all the orcs storms out firing arrows back!

The next morning, the orcs tents are all gone, on closer inspection, all the towns people find is a human hand pierced on a stick that stands at the edge of the river, two broken humans skulls laying besides it.
The town continues to expand the moat.

After two weeks the riders finally comes back to health, they are more than thankful for you saving them. And they start to explain their story.
Two months ago they set out from the old country, at start they were twenty people, but a month ago they were struck with a plague like illness, as their numbers dwindled they finally came upon a tribe of beastmen. The tripe took them in, tended to the sick to the best of their ability, but sadly, only four survived.
Then the day that you saw the riders, the four that was left decided to set out, having seen smoke coming from this direction they had asked the beastmen who said a human settlement had been seen here.
Sadly, after only a mile or so of riding, they and their wagon was attacked by a wild beast, it destroyed the wagon, killed two of them and injured the riders before they could even get to their weapons.
The riders asks if they can stay, and the Mayor agrees, asking what else was on the wagon.
The riders say there were four sets of armor and weapons, food for a few weeks that they guess is spoiled by now, tools and recourses, here among medical herbs provided by the beastmen. The riders then mark on the mayors map where the beastmen are and where they were attacked.
About the mark, the says itÔÇÖs a family crest, marking one of the families that died from the illness, veterans from a former cavalry line.

The moat is finally done at the end of the month, and the townsfolk fills it with water.

ADDED CHARACTER Orkork ÔÇô Chief warrior has been added.

.[tabs:Our Town status]
Population.

The current population is: 2 Babies, 0 Kids, 4 Young adults and 15 Adults of working age.
There were No unlucky deaths and 0 Births this month

What are people doing?
► Show Spoiler

Buildings/constructions/Work animals
► Show Spoiler

Under construction
► Show Spoiler

Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler

Weapons
► Show Spoiler

Other
► Show Spoiler

[tabs:Eastern tents]
**THE TENTS ARE GONE BUT BEFORE THERE WERE:**
10+ Orcs (mostly unnamed):
1- Big orc, the Chief warrior named Orkork with bow, two bone axes and a two-handed sword
4 Spying orcs
5+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:Named NPC Characters]
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Orkork - Chief warrior of the orcs from the eastern tent.
Fahra ÔÇô Of the gold fur tribe, - Weather teller and Sharman

[tabs:World map]
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Green dots are the rute the two riders had taken to get her from the "old world" to their destination when attacked.
*Red cross is where the two riders were attacked
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)

[tabs:Player status]
Gathers: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
Badge: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
Ask: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
Aegis: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
NotStickFigures: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.[/tabs]

NOTE 1!
The players now have more 15 points among them. Some players are trying to gather points to manifest a body.

NOTE 2!
IÔÇÖve changed the layout of information in the spoilers, since IÔÇÖve changed to using a Excel sheet for keeping track of recourses, jobs births, aging and death by accident.

NOTE 3!
THER IS AN INTERLUDE THAT ADDS TO THIS UPDATE, RIGHT HERE.
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:38 am

So basically...I called a river beast, but it didn't matter because now the Orcs are dead...and now...theres a monster going to the river meaning humans can't cross..

sigh....
Take some of the wood and give to a person as a job (Carpenter), perhaps one who already has skill, in working with wood. He can make tables and chairs and small crafts that could, if they were well enough made, could even be traded. When this person gains in skill, perhaps he can make tools and bows and such.

Send out some of your men to the forest surrounding the village and set up small traps for wild game. Once the animal is trapped, make sure to carefully remove it's pelt(hide) which could be used as a trade good or creating other items. If possible, depending on the animal type, you could try to capture the animal and bring it back to the village and attempt to tame it.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:40 am

BadgeAddict wrote:-SNIP-now the Orcs are dead...-SNIP-
Quick note, The orcs are not dead, you have not seen anyone die, they just disappeared (with their tents mind you) in the middle of the night.
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:43 am

ahem....now that the orcs are no longer a threat......

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:01 am

Well, unless they just moved their camp north...

Inquire more about what was meant by the beastmen, and see who has skill as a rider, healthy horses and mounted scouts can be used to scout further and more quickly to ensure the orcs are not lurking nearby.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 am

You should take the two newcomers into the town as full members.
Once they are fully healed up, and their horses back to full strength, they should head back to the wagon and bring back supplies.
Healing herbs, weapons and armor should be the first brought back. If the wagon is still intact, they could have the horses bring the entire wagon back.

If they feel it is not safe enough for them to go alone, two guards could go along, but that would slow travel down, unless the horses could carry two riders.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:13 pm

"These beastman sound remarkably hospitable for their usually known status, helping these people. Perhaps we could try and talk to them somewhere in the future."

"it appears that their caravan should be well within a day's reach and back. Have some men take the horses and inspect it, some of the things they mentioned could be very valuable. Have whoever you send make sure to run away at any sign of trouble. While they're on the way, have them look out for any potential sources of iron or other valuable materials."

"Next up, I believe you should focus on the creation of nets and other fishing equipment. Variety is the spice of life, as they speak. You should consider placing large nets on the moat towards your village..." this one suggested, for no particular reason.

"Oh, and finally, we are preparing... Something to aid you beyond just our usual sage advice... It shall manifest itself likely somewhere within this month or the next- Do not be afraid once it does..."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:29 pm

I wonder if there is anything similar to tobacco in this world, a nice puff on a pipe would be a good way to bring some cheer to the people.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Suggestion to the mayor:
Have the teacher teach everyone to read and write. Start some sort of record of our town.
Hold a funeral for the dead person (if they are not doing this anyway)

spend a point to try and "contact" either some of the orcs (not the big wig) or the arriving river creature, and if possible "bond" with them, so I can get a glimpse of what they are doing (surveillance) and/or even influence them subconsciously (e.g. make the river creature reluctant to harm humans, but super aggressive towards orcs).
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:16 pm

INTERLUDE
This interlude is an addition to This update (year 0.5) adding info for you.
Okay, since multiple people has asked about the beastmen/suggested going for the wagon, here is the info the riders give you.

after gaining these information, id like to know what you suggest the mayor. How many do you send for the wagon? who do you send? do you send the riders? do you have any message, should they run into the beastmen?

The beastmen that took in the Riders calls themself the goldfurs.
There are at least 20 adults in the tribe, maybe more, it is hard to tell since they were out ofthen.
Only one of them willingly talked to the riders and their companions. A old beastman named Fahra. he was the tribes shaman, and as such worked as both healer and weather teller.
Of course, his use of the common tongue was not that strong, so maybe he was the only one who could talk to them.
The tribe did not tend to the earth, had no farms or kept pants in any way, they were hunters and gathers, taking what nature provided them, eating both meat and plants.
One night when the rides were asleep, noise woke them up, it sounded like battle, but when they asked Fahra about it, he said not to worry their minds.
Another night, the riders heard chanting, singing and dancing outside the tent, suddenly rain started falling and the tribe began to cheer loudly. That night, Fahra did not tend to the sick.

The riders left the tribe, wearing only light cloth due to a lot of wounds and blisters still left from the sickness. a decisions they really regret.
The wild beast that attacked the travelers came up from the ground, suddenly and without warning. After pushing everyone down and killing and injuring them, it dragged the two dead bodies down below the ground.
At that point the two riders went for their weapons, but that only made the creature return, it jumped up from the ground, nearly killing both riders, only because they got to the horses quickly did they get away alive.

About the wagons content. in full there were the following (according to the riders memory) that would still be usable if intact.
4 Scale male armor, 4 long swords, 4 long bows, 8 javelins and 4 shields.
20 sacks of wheat, 4 sacks of rice, 4 barrels of beer 1 barrel of wine.
20 units of iron. 10 units of cobber. 2 sacks of raw leather.
2 crates of building tools. 2 crates of farming tools. 10 packs of nails, 1 crate of parchment, ink and pens.
4 bear traps.
10 packs of medicinal herbs from the goldfurs.

That is, as far as they remember, all.

Fahra is added to the character bios
-Best regards LAYF