Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 FULL UPDATE

Home to all current Forum Games.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.8

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I think this is a bad idea, but the only option we have if elenor is too live and magnus too
The sick are a risk, we must kill them vraag claims his 6
We can't risk letting this gods powers let go and have him come back, we need to absorbed its power
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:30 pm

*Destroying it either way should end the dead god's influence?
*The sick are not a risk if they are cured...
*Saving influence to save them from the illness that would be cured if you don't save the influence is a convoluted way of going about it...

*Do we know what has befallen the horseys?
*If they are are not attacking, can Magnus get far enough away to be less subjected to the brunt of whatever is unleashed?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:37 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:*Destroying it either way should end the dead god's influence?
*The sick are not a risk if they are cured...
*Saving influence to save them from the illness that would be cured if you don't save the influence is a convoluted way of going about it...

*Do we know what has befallen the horseys?
*If they are are not attacking, can Magnus get far enough away to be less subjected to the brunt of whatever is unleashed?
1) as far as Elore(and you) knows, yes.
2) if they are cured this way it's 99% safe
3) conclusion I guess?
4) nope, the horses are outside town
5) nope, trapped inside the room with Elore and a ton of vermin
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Uriquzzl sound like a terrible deity ! He destroyed a town in his most weakest state ! We can't allow his influence to live on in the sick, even if they are cured he will still might have been corrupted by that vile god ! We simply can't risk it for the good of our town !

Brother and sisters claim your six, and let's destroy this curse once and for all

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Honestly, it looks like we have literally zero reason to not destroy the urn. Maybe if the offer was a bit more attractive, such as "I'll let you go and free those in the village of the curse" (But will otherwise continue to spread), but as it stands destroying the urn will literally do everything we wanted and more- The one thing I might see happening is that things won't go down that well for Elore, but, well... Being a god of vermin, he should know you never corner them in such a bad position.

Also, I don't think claiming the points has any influence on "killing" the god or not, and that you're heavily underestimating what they are... All we'll be doing claiming points is killing villagers- Some our own, some not... And some of those might include the mayor and others in our village that have gotten infected, but haven't shown it yet. I won't be claiming any points.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:00 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Also, I don't think claiming the points has any influence on "killing" the god or not, and that you're heavily underestimating what they are... All we'll be doing claiming points is killing villagers- Some our own, some not... And some of those might include the mayor and others in our village that have gotten infected, but haven't shown it yet. I won't be claiming any points.
My thoughts exactly. Not claiming the points means they are cured, claiming the points means they die. We can use the additional hands to be put to work, the more points claimed, the more likely it is that that will include some of the folks outside Our Town (or within).

No points for me thanks.

As for the trade with the beastmen, take the chickens in the trade, see if they object to keeping sheep.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:05 pm

We shouldn't harm the urn.

Tell the spirit of Uroqzzl that it is painful to see him in this state and we will work to ressurect him if he tells why only now he's unleashed these two diseases onto the world and that we will have him as an ally (if he doesn't have a strong reason for harming the currently infected people, perhaps those pesky orcs would be a good target).

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.9 first part

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 pm

I'll take 6 points because I'm greedy. :P

I don't like the idea of this god wanting to be free -- if it's been imprisoned for untold how long, it was probably sealed for a reason. Bury or hide it, or build a shrine around it and lock it away, while at the same time deal with these vermin as best you can.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Where is everyone getting the idea of the god wanting to be free from? It read to me that the urn was its last grip on the world, and breaking it breaks its power. You also can't claim points without advocating for breaking it... even if you're greedy, since breaking it is where those points come from.

Unless of course you're saying A, but if B, then B.1...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:42 pm

this lack of "reason not to do it" is making me suspicious. Maybe that's exactly what the god wants (for us to break the urn). I guess that's how people get the idea. :shrug:

how about we use the urn (unharmed) to feed the river serpent? Rats and cockroaches are high in protein. :P
And we should talk to the ill people what they know about the urn, first, before deciding what to do with it. I mean apparently the illness has been a RECENT problem. So either they only GOT it a short while ago, or someone DID something to it of late. Or stopped doing something.

anyway, IF the urn gets broken, I'll not take any points.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:52 pm

I vote destroy and i will take 0 points (healing the sick can be more important.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:14 am

Eh, I understand the sentiment, but I think that's reading too much into it. We've gained some understanding as to how it works by it being Elore to pick it up- If it really wanted to be "free" (Which smashing it won't do, it's more like a last attachment to this world) it wouldn't even have offered a chance to get away. It would have been

And that's also assuming, y'know, that someone else couldn't have found a way to destroy it. That a rat just couldn't pick it up and drop it from a roof. That'd be implying he's not in there of his own volition, but something else would have put him in there... And considering it would have been an absolutely awful "prison" what with him still infecting loads of people and gaining power through doing it, that seems rather doubtful. Also the whole fact the hive mind of rats seemed preoccupied in making sure people kept out.

Also, checking in with the sick to see if they know any more might be worthwhile, but not really an option anymore. (Took us a week to get here) That's assuming they even know anything about it, considering that "Oh yeah we had this magical urn/ big important person that handled diseases died recently" would have been an expected topic if they knew anything.

Also I have a feeling that those of us claiming points might together already have claimed enough to have someone important die... Just don't say I didn't warn y'all.

So without further adue, my action...

"Oh, really? That is the deal you offer? I will be allowed to leave?"

"So nothing about my friend Magnus here? The one your swarm just killed outside? The entire village I have chosen to take under my wings that is affected by your plague?"

"You should know better than to make such an offer. After all, you're a brother to vermin- You know that you wouldn't abandon them given the choice."

"And you should also know... It's never a good idea to corner them."

"Stand back, Magnus!" she yells that last thing in common, making sure to turn herself away from him so that he would not be hit directly by this dead god's last outlash she was predicting it would aim against her... She probably wasn't gonna be able to outrun this one. But her body was strong enough, she could take it... She hoped. At least Magnus would be alright...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 am

Okay... I think we can enterpitate that as Elore taking g action.

I still need to know who takes points and who don't:
Eace God takes
Aegis: 6
Ask: 6
Badge: 6
Gathers: 0
M0rt: 0
NotStick: 0
Spider: 0
Tea:?
Twisted: 0

If Tea and NotStick does not respond before Monday evening I'll take it as them not taking points...

Also, you can still advice Elore on the goldfur trade/deal
-Best regards LAYF

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 am

I will not be taking any points.
A god who knows he is taking six human lives just to gain some power, is not a good god.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:13 am

LAYF wrote:Also, you can still advice Elore on the goldfur trade/deal
I wouldn't agree to ANY deals "for all eternity". At all.

If we could limit the duration to "as long as the brought birds and their offspring are living with us", that would be a start in the right direction. (e.g. if all the birds died from a reason we don't have any influence on we wouldn't even be allowed to get cows/goats to "replace" the loss, even if we got a chance. Not a prospect I fancy)

Also, just because the birds don't fly too well, that doesn't mean they will lay eggs at the accommodations we are able to offer them. According to what I found most bird species will continue to lay eggs, if the ones they already laid are destroyed or taken away. But we won't know whether or not they will start laying in these unfamiliar surrounding in the first place.

Plus, now that we know such birds exist, we could try and either catch them ourselves OR lure them to out town using either worldly methods (find out what they eat and make a trail from their natura habitat to our town) or using influence (it worked with the river serpent...) .

My 2 cents.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:21 am

I need some milk to make an omelet, we need both, ignore the deal, go look for the birds yourself, try to work out a deal for other non living items of intresse

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 am

Okay... Looking at who had been online since the post, it seams everyone has had a chance to give m0rt/Elore input on the goldfur trade.

m0rt! Would you be able to rp the trade deal over in Ooc, starting in about 3-4 hours? That way we may be able to get all stuff done, and we may have year 0.9 full update before time :) (Monday or Tuesday as opposed to Tuesday or Wednesday...)
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 am

Sure, that works. General consensus seems to be to not accept the deal since chickens for no cow/goat meat/milk forever is not worth it.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:23 am

Okay, trading rp initiated over in ooc
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:05 pm

I use all my influence if any to try and save the people the other gods are ruthlessly murdering after the vessel is broken, I would like it if those people saw a blue cross and knew the name Straka

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 pm

I'll see how I can encorporate that...
You have one point now, and will gain one in the next round, do you wish to use both?
-Best regards LAYF

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Yes please

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Destroy the evil urn! actually i like gather's idea of feeding the serpent

Also yanking 2 points.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 am

► Show Spoiler
Based on LAYF response.

I will probe the possibility of contacting Jacob Farmhand. (1 point)

I will probe the possibility of giving a blessing to "a willing" human (1 point)

I will probe the possibility of creating a magical artifact/adding magic to a weapon. (Underlying magical Effect: Gain IP in their usage. (this includes tools as well as weapons)) (1 Point)

(Does gaining knowledge, gain it for all of us? I don't like sharing...oh well....
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 am

Vraag will spend one point, making Jacobs mind more trusting, making him more spiritual open and less scared of the unknown

(In simpler points increase the odds of pans plan working)