Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.12 FULL UPDATE

Home to all current Forum Games.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.7

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 am

(ooc the go kill that thing ? arent you a god :p)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:24 am

Don't you dare kill my river monster.

To the Mayor:
I'm glad to see (or rather hear) the bells are already a helpful addition to the village.

Mayor, you may call me Pan, and I, unlike the other voices you hear, have the best interests of your village in mind. It was I who sent the river snake here so that it could destroy the Orcs and I am pleased that it did such a good job, as such, I would ask that you keep your people from attempting to harm it and I hope that in time, the snake and you might become allies of a sort, at the very least, keep your people from the wide river so that they do not come to harm.

I personally don't trust these mercs, to try to charge you for killing the Orcs without us asking them to do so. The problem is two-fold, 1. if you pay them, they may see you as an easy mark and might pester you in the future if you don't continue to pay them. 2. If you don't pay them, they may harass you and cause problems for you in the future.
My opinion is that you don't pay the mercs, as they killed Orcs, yes, but they killed them without you asking them to, thus they made the decision themselves. Should they come back, inform them of this and let them know that we would be potentially willing to hire them in the future.

Now that you have a way to make flour, an oven would be a nice addition to the village so that you could begin making bread which could become a nice staple and used with many other foods.

About the sick that have come to your village, while caring for them is good, it would be best to keep them separated from the healthy villagers, lest whatever this disease is, be spread to you and others. Declare a quarantine by keeping those caring for the sick separate from those who are healthy. This is easily done by making sure that their paths do not cross, and leaving food in a designated area for those who are sick.

^Based on what the travelers who have joined our village have told us, the Gold Fur tribe may be our best chance at fighting this. Send out a few riders, with the guidance of one of the travelers, and make your way to their tribe. Take a variety of resources of that we have as gifts to them and then send one of the travelers forward with a message, seeking their healing powers as others have come with sickness. If one or more of their number is willing to come back to the village, except them, even though they are creatures which look different and be willing to trade with them what they ask for. (Suggestion of resources to take: 5 wheat, 5 fish, 5 wildgame, 5 brew, 3 beer & 1 wine)

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 am

if i might jump in to what brother pen said, dear major take a little extra and see if you cant get some farmanimal to trade for ? some chickens would be amazing for the community

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:02 am

^Curing the sick is of a greater importance and I would rather not push our luck initially. imo.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 am

but all the gods know chicken soup is the best medince around

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 am

INFO!!!

Spider and m0rt has begun using points to learn about both the spike tail and the weird illness.

All knowledge is so far in the OOC.
-Best regards LAYF

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:47 pm

I would suggest that you talk over with Elore a way to maybe get to the late orc encampment safely. Namely use an arrow to shoot a rope across the river in sufficient height and tie it to a tree on this side as well. By securing herself with a rope or something similar to that "rope bridge", she should be able to get across without being in danger. If she (or one of your town's people) is willing to try crossing, you could learn much from the stuff the orcs left behind, maybe even salvage some goods. If that doesn't work - or there are no volunteers - you can still burn it to the ground.

Also, I'm disinclined to "pay" the mercenaries, because in their letter they first claim it's free and then they claim we owe them 5 iron bars. Such inconsistency makes me wary. I would, however, parley with them and talk it over. Personally I think the price they were asking for to "hire them" is too much to afford for your village at the moment. You probably couldn't afford to have them kill a single orc and have enough foods for the winter. But that doesn't mean we can't negotiate with them. Keep friendly relations. Maybe hire them at a later point. We should try to stay on their good side, in any case. If they decided to plunder the village, they most likely could take all (or most) of our goods and we'd have no way of stopping them.

About the sick people: ask them where they are coming from. If there's so many people there should be some sort of settlement.

Try to find clay deposits to make pottery in order to be able to store food for the winter. Harvest time will be here soon.

And, as a long term project: I think it would be a good thing to extend the moat all the way around the hill. Whenever you have the manpower to spare, work on that.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 pm

You should keep the sick isolated from most townfolk to stop the disease from spreading.

Elore should speak to the sick to see where they come from and what information they have. Both about the illness and the world in general.
Feed the sick and make certain you let them know we are working on finding a cure for them.

I also will give one point to get info on the illness and how to get rid of it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Make contact with the other sick that haven't introduced themselves, but do it from a distance, try to convince them to move in iwth the others in quarantine.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Hiya Mr Mayor, This is going to sound horrible but if you can't keep those freeloaders outside your walls out of your water, sickness will prevail, I would suggest driving them off in the direction of the tunnel burrower and hoping it gets sick or quarantining them either by force or willingly, I also suggest seeing if there are bees in the forrest and planting those fruit trees you have lying around as honey and fruit can help with sickness. Maybe just get your hunteres too look out for bees and see if you can farm the honey in some sort of constructed bee nest thing. I look forward to working with ya Mr Mayor, we are going to have a FUN time together.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Our town (Game thread) Open game - Year 0.8

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Our town
Year 0.

It is late summer

Suggestions/Avatar actions:

>Elore will Advice concerning mercenaries
>don't pay the mercs,
>let them know that we would be potentially willing to hire them in the future.

>Focus on guards

>Elore will Offer to burn down orc encampment
>burn down the orc encampment after proper looting a task for the elf
>talk over with Elore a way to maybe get to the late orc encampment safely.

>Ask for permission to take resources, potentially help towards the goldfurs and try to find out what she can, potentially with help from others. She proposes taking 20 game, and three brew, but curious to hear if the mayor might have any idea what they could like (We don't have any pelts?)
> Send out a few riders, with the guidance of one of the travelers, and make your way to the goldfur tribe. Take a variety of resources of that we have as gifts to them and then send one of the travelers forward with a message
(Suggestion of resources to take: 5 wheat, 5 fish, 5 wild game, 5 brew, 3 beer & 1 wine)
>See if you cant get some farm animal to trade for ? some chickens would be amazing for the community

>Send a scout to watch the goblins if possible

>About the sick people: ask them where they are coming from. If there's so many people there should be some sort of settlement.
>research/find a way to heal the sick
>focus on the sick, we need there numbers, expand the house of the sick with there tents, feed and cloth them take care of them, be super careful not to get the people sick
>keep sick separated from the healthy villagers
>Declare a quarantine by keeping those caring for the sick separate from those who are healthy
>keep the sick isolated from most townsfolk to stop the disease from spreading.
>Elore should speak to the sick to see where they come from and what information they have. Both about the illness and the world in general.
>Feed the sick and make certain you let them know we are working on finding a cure for them
>Make contact with the other sick that haven't introduced themselves, but do it from a distance, try to convince them to move in iwth the others in quarantine.
>If the sick wont keep out of the water, drive them away or quarantine them, by force if needed.

>Keep people from the river, Pan send hte monster and would like it to be a "good thing"

ÔÇØYou did WHAT!!!!ÔÇØ << Mayor !!!!

>Try to find clay deposits to make pottery in order to be able to store food for the winter.

>build an oven for baking

> long term project: I think it would be a good thing to extend the moat all the way around the hill.

>Have your hunters look out for bees
>If you can, make a beehives so you can harvest honnie.

>Try and make use of your fruit trees

As allways, The mayor ponders all the suggestions, this time, when a new voice is heard he does not even flinch (welcome twistedstraka), He does however wait for quite some time, sure that there was another voice last time but it does not speak to him now?

Then he finally answers:
ÔÇØIÔÇÖll not make unneeded contact to those mercenaries, I have no idea how they think or act if they see an opening, but I will keep their offer in mind, should the orcs show their heads again, I just hope we can pay them by then!ÔÇØ

ÔÇØNow that things seem a bit calm, I will instruct all the guards to train more and patrol less, ill have other towns folk take over the patrolling when the guard is training. In addition I will have all who can, train as a guard, just in case.ÔÇØ

ÔÇØIf Elore is willing, I would very much like if she could look into the orc encampment, and if she finds it needed, burn it down. I guess she would get there faster than any of my men could.ÔÇØ

He pauses, then looks out the window to the north east and shrugs You keep pressing the matter with the beastmen And I understand why, I just cant seem to get myself to deal with them but If Elore will, she may take the requested recourses and bring it to them, except the wine, Ill give that to the town to hold a summers feast, we all need that.. I!... Need that!

If there is time, I may send someone to look into the goblins Elore talked about, but it does not have priority right now when the town folk are better guards, then maybe a group could go

I will definitely keep an eye on the sick, both for theirs sake and our own If they can be healed, we could surely need the hands. Ill also keep them from the others, no need to spread it, but what harm does it do they swim in the moat? If you really believe it to be a problem, Ill try and remove them, but moving sick people can be a risk to.

I will keep my people from the river at all cost that beast you send?... it ate two fully grown orcs!!! Im not stupid enough to get near that.

We do know where to find clay, so taking some to build an owen is a good idea, we could also set up a watering system to make the clay harvestable in bigger quantities, rather than just taking it from time to time.. hmmm..

Hmm, some sweet honey would be wonderful Ill have the men look out for it my Apple trees are soon ready to give their first harvest, but I do not believe there will be many apples this first year. They will need time..

Elore will:
>Move up the river until she finds a place she finds suitable enough to try crossing, either wading through or jumping it, then doubling back to the orc camp. She'll only pick up things that aren't too heavy and valuable enough for her way back. If she spots anything that seems of real value but is too big to properly take across the river, she'll try and hide it before burning the encampment.
>Go visit the goldfurs. (potentially with help/gift) Primary plan will be to ask what information their shaman has about the disease, what he did to cure it, though potentially also lay the groundwork for future potentially friendly contacts.

And so the month starts.
The hunters has become well adapted in skinning the wild game, and more and more often they manage to get usable skins and fur from them.

The most daunting task, at least for the mayor this month! Is to speak to the sick people. At first he talks to those already in the town. They are all willing to talk as much as they can.
What he does get from them is that they and those outside the town both belonged to the same little new settler town seven days north of here. Then three months ago, people started to get sick, and they were banished from the town! Wandering aimlessly they came across a beastmen tribe that took them in, the shaman of the tripe said he knew what to do, and quickly started to treat the sick but it did not help, to make things worse, more people from the town came, when the last man came, he said the town was no more!
After some time, the shaman started to observe more than he treated. Suddenly not so long ago, the day before they arrived at Our town, the shaman said they had to leave, but that he would not send them the same way so he send the five of them in your direction, telling that the town was here.. and the other six in the other direction, they also say that the others six soon had found them again, following, but always at a distance.

Not knowing what to make of that information, the Mayor ponders again. Then heads for the sick outside the town. This time with the assistance of Elore.
Those outside town seems a bit harder to gain into contact with, they move away whenever anyone comes near. But after a few days, one man, the biggest among them, decides enough is enough. He comes over to Elore and the mayor and speaks quickly.
He tells the mayor to leave them where they are, that if they get to close or too far away from the others, the illness only speeds up its process. He says the beastman shaman informed him that it is not one illness, but two, working in some sort of concert if there are too much of both illnesses they will kill the host, but what the shaman did not know when he send them away was that if there is too little of the first illness the other will take over and also kill the host.
As he says this, the mayor suddenly starts to bleed from his nose! The well the well must be connected to the moat underground!!!
Elore gets the sick people to promise only to bathe in the stream, even if its cold. Then brings the mayor back to town. Somehow he seems to get well quickly, even if he is away from both groups of sick people.

Talking to the Riders, one of them Mirimi remembers something, the illness struck shortly after the group had passed a small town, about a weeks walk from here! But her and the other rider never entered the town themselves, and got better only after all the others were dead!

After a week Elore sets out with Magnus, Jacob and the male rider to talk to the Goldfurs and to trate if possible.
It takes no time at all to find them, but when they do, eight armed Beastmen surrounds them a mile from their camp. Pointing back to the town and then threatening with spears.

The rider then jumps off his horse and opens a back of wheat, showing it to them, and then pointing to all the other gifts. Two of the beast men exchange some strange looks, the some words you cannot understand and then one of them runs back towards the camp.
Ten or so minutes later, he comes back, with the Shaman.

ÔÇØBringing gifts as thanks for your health?ÔÇØ The shaman asks the Rider, who laughs, a bit forced but still. Then he explains the situation, both with the sick and with the wish to trade farm animals
Hammh.. The sickness of your people, it does not do us any harm, so I have never studied it before but.. after the last group, I feared its shadow, so I send men to their town!...

It was overran with rats, not just rats, but mice and insects, by the hundreds of hundreds in numbers they were my men, they were shocked feared it but it did them nothing

I have asked the bones. But all they tell me is that ÔÇÿOlder than man, wiser than beast, more cruel then deathÔÇÖ and I do not know what to make of it!

About the other thing farm animals we do not keep animals, nor do we plant farms as you humans do we hunt and forage But If your leader promise you will newer hold cattle or goats, as they are holy to my tribe! Will bring you fowl in exchange for wheat, fish and wild game. We know of a flock of fowls that we have seen humans like to keep as they produce eggs and cannot fly well would that be agreeable for you? Good, if you bring a deer, a sack of fish and a sack of wheat next month, we will bring you four of the birds.

After the exchange, the shaman gladly accepts the first gifts as a sign of friendship, and even give you twenty pack of his medicine.

When The group return, they find the town a bit upset. One of the towns folk has noted that the river monster, since it is not given orcs to munch on, started to eat all the fish of the river instead!

To make things worse, the Spike tailed tunnel burrower has not been seen for a week now, according the mayors wife, (who suddenly remembered reading about the beast at some point) that is a sing it is eating the last of its storage, and preparing for a new hunt!

Elore sets out to cross the river, a task that proves far more easy than she feared just a four miles up the river, she finds a land bridge.. not seeing the fun in that, she starts to run back to the city, wanting to gather others, if there is anything to get in the camp As she gets close to town she decides that she must have some sort of fun, so now she wish to see if she can jump from the ground all the way up to the southern watchtower. a skill she does not succeed in not that it matters much, she gets above the cliffs, avoiding the long throttle around!

When she and a few others return to the orc camp they do not find much, a couple of spears and axes is all aside from the tents so they burn it down

During the rest of the month, nothing much else happens in town, except for one of the sick to give in to the illness and die.

Clay is gathered and an oven is made, Mirimi the rider takes up the profession as the towns baker.

The spike wall is expanded, but not completed yet.

Magnus skills improve!

Lastly.. Having thought a lot about it the mayor decides an expedition may be needed. He wants to know what is at the town of the sick!

VOTE! Each player may vote for 2 Options!
Who and how many should go to the town?
A) Magnus + X (assign numbers)
B) Jacob + X (assign numbers)
C) A watch guard + X (assign numbers)
D) A towns guard + X (assign numbers)
E) None should go!

1 Character Added. Mirimi the rider!

.[tabs:Our Town status]
Population.

The current population is: 2 Babies, 2 Kids, 0 Young adults and 19 Adults of working age.
There were No unlucky deaths and 0 Births this month

What are people doing?
► Show Spoiler
Buildings/constructions
► Show Spoiler
Under construction
► Show Spoiler
Info on Resources
► Show Spoiler
Animals, Tools, Weapons and armor
► Show Spoiler

Other
► Show Spoiler
[tabs:Eastern tents]
9 Orcs (mostly unnamed):
1- Big orc, the Chief warrior named Orkork with bow, two bone axes and a two-handed sword
4 2 Spying orcs
8 4 Adult orcs.
3 2 Riders
5 Tents, 1 watch tower and a spike wall.

[tabs:Gold fur tribe]
**Only the riders has seen the Gold fur tribe:**
20+ Beastmen (mostly unnamed):
1- Sharman and Weather teller named Fahra.
19+ Adult orcs.

[tabs:Named NPC Characters]
Alton Farmhand - Founder and Mayor of Our town.
Jacob Farmhand - First blacksmith of Our town and second son to Alton Farmhand.
Susie Farmhand - Mayors wife
Tari Klinge ÔÇô Miller and mother of Magnus Klinge
Magnus Klinge ÔÇô Guard Captain
Mirimi the Rider
Orkork - Chief warrior of the orcs from the eastern tent.
Fahra ÔÇô Of the gold fur tribe, - Weather teller and Sharman
[tabs:World map]
*Red dots are the rute travlers take to get her from the "old world" and the rute you'd have to take to send a trade caravan.
*Green dots are the rute the two riders had taken to get her from the "old world" to their destination when attacked.
*Red cross is where the two riders were attacked
*Spotted greenskin camps (black eyes) has not been engaged, so hostility or friendliness is unknown, but a rule of thumb is that Orcs at least are hostile, mostly because they like to fight, goblins varies a lot from camp to camp.
*Hostile greenskins (red eyes) are greenskins that has activity attacked the towns folk or travelers.
*Anything drawn with white background is something you've only spotted in the distance, not something you've seen close up.
*Each square is roughly 800 by 800 meters (0,5 by 0,5 us mile)

[tabs:Player status]
Gathers: 4Influence point. /No character yet.
Badge: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
Spider: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
m0rt: 2 Influence point. / Elore the wood elf, archer with sight of a hawk and speed of a cheetah..
Ask: 4 Influence point. /No character yet.
Tea: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.
Aegis: 5 Influence point. /No character yet.
NotStickFigures: 2 Influence point. /No character yet.
twistedstraka: 1 Influence point. /No character yet.[/tabs]

NOTE 1!
How to make a character
Read more in the OOC: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1699&p=223651#a2
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:01 pm

(Or I'll do it now, because why not rite?)

"You don't need to worry about the beastmen, mayor... They seem a mostly solitary bunch- I understand that you're a bit wary because I'm sure I heard you got attacked by some of their kind, right..? What if it had been bandits instead? Would you have become wary of all humans?" She asks, trying to drive home her point, although not pushing the subject.

"Anyways- based on what your beautiful wife has shared with us, it appears that the beast we've seen is soon gonna be on hunt again... I have a plan to deal with it- I'd ask for some manpower to help prepare it as soon as possible."

"The plan is this- We build a deep enough pit to contain the beast, first. Preferable somewhere up north, near the river, in sight of town. Then, we fill the pit with water... Starting to get where I'm going with this?"

"We'll need to set something that spans over the pit, like a strong cloth or something of the likes- We'll secure it over the hole with something strong enough to hold it up together with the bait and some camouflage, I was thinking of using some tacks or something similar for that. For the bait, the beast likes a combination of meat and iron, so that is what we will use to bait the trap."

"Now, ideally I'd hope the beast drops in and panics to the point of drowning, but we're probably not that lucky... So if we spot the beast from our watch towers, I'll go on high alert- If it takes the bait and lands in the trap, I'll rush over and try to shoot it to death while it's trying to get out. Should it manage to get out before I can do that, I can probably outrun it, and hopefully our combined manpower at a choke point can kill the beast before it does anything worse..."

Actions (for now)
>Help lay the trap for the beast, be prepared to go fight it when the time comes...

(I suppose that would still allow for something else..? Maybe join the expedition to the definitely not cursed village first, then help with the trap? (as others presumably already started helping) Another option is that she goes finish the deal with the goldfurs though, assuming they agree to the compromise.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Ah for baiting the trap, have your son the blacksmith make some [describe how windchimes work] that can be placed above the trap to lure the beast in with their high pitched sounds.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:29 am

"Ok, so here is my suggestion mister major, the sick are a risk, for you, your wife , your children, everybody. This desease is the greatest risk the city is facing right now, you need to set out an expedition to that city send the elf, she is a god in mortal flesh she should lead the party, send magnus and the riders, bring the cart and bring back all we could use and any leads to this illness, I'd you can't find a cure you need to take care of the sick put them to the sword, burn there bodies, burry the ash far far away, I know this is kinda extreme but you need to listen to me, would u rather see your children die than take care of ungreatfull strangers !

I vote u send the elf, magnus, and the two riders to the cursed city, bring the cart too

> send elenor magnus and the riders to the city
>avoid all contact with the sick, kill them if you must
>boil all drinking water from now on

(Asks will be come vraag, god of pointlessly translated names)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 am

A+3

The river monster is hungry, now that the Orcs have left, but the beast is beginning to eat the fish in the river. each week throw a fresh caught hunted animal (cleaned of hide) into the river. This will be your thanks for the serpent saving your life, and will alleviate the beast from eating all of the fish.

Mayor, we gods have learned much of this illness, it seems that those who have become sickened are fated to survive or die. The strong will live and become well, while the weak will perish. This is sad, indeed, but the well-being of your people are more important than the needs of strangers...especially sick strangers. You need to quarantine those who are sick until whatever sickness this is passes, the strong ones will be free to join as able-bodies in the continued struggle to survive in this cruel world.

We do not know how this disease is transferred, until we know, I suggest you fashion cloth masks that cover your nose and mouth for you and your people to wear while you are around those who are sick. This is way, should it pass through the air, you will be somewhat protected from this plague.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 am

Currently there are two bear traps that are not being used.
Put those traps outside the city in the woods and bait them to see if we can catch some wildlife.

The traps can be checked each day.
The animals caught could possibly be used as food/fur/hide or also used to feed the river monster!

If the blacksmith is able to fashion wind chimes,as another suggested, that could be placed in a tree over the trap and we might even catch one of the metal eating beasts.

Vote A+2 and Elore if she is agreeable.
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:27 am

So, we know that the tunnel monster likes metal and he likes loud noises. Why not bait the trap with both loud noises and the Orc's weapons. Throw in some bear traps to catch the thing and then we'll slaughter it.

Additionally, when time allows it, build a few more houses, this way when new people arrive they can go ahead and move in to them and become working members of society instantly.
^along this line, you could go ahead and figure out where streets could go on the hilltop and start placing stone in the ground to act as roads, then build some houses and maybe stores or a tavern along the new road, this will make the town seem more established to travelers.

Note: We need to find a quarry at some point for a steady supply of building stones.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 am

Voting:
C: a watch guard should go, and let him take one of the horses so he can investigate more swiftly and return. If the mayor really wants to raid the town for supplies/tools, send a second guard with him, but bringing anything back might also risk contamination.

And while you're building houses, what about a grand temple for us, eh? Or...I suppose setting up a small shrine in the cellar so you don't worry the townspeople that there are strange voices in your head would be sufficient...but you could do soooo much better.

If Mirimi isn't occupied, since she survived the sickness before, perhaps she would be a better candidate to communicate with the sick outside of town. We should offer to supply them with food and other necessities that can be brought out of town to them if they will agree to help us. The spiky monster is a problem for them to out there and aiding the efforts to trap it wouldn't need them to come too close to the town.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 am

^Now that I think of it, the River Serpent could also eat the tunneler monster...if we could lead it to the river somehow...if it was hungry enough....ooo, like that rope across the river idea...with some chimes and iron...boom

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 pm

suggestion: try to get more apple trees. Either by planting seeds (collect them when using the apples), or cutting off (small!) branches and get them to take root.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Pan, protector of this fine village will use his awesome powers of influence (all 4 points) in the following manner.

A tree sprouts quickly from the ground in the center of the hill (perhaps near the well). The bark of the tree is golden brown, the leaves are the most beautiful shade of gold to behold and it quickly grows until it is quite possibly the largest tree for miles. From it's limbs, a luscious golden fruit grows (roughly the size of a man's hand), but only one, as though this fruit is powerful, it is limited. A fruit will grow on this tree only once per month, but the it has the ability to heal all sickness, all wounds and rid the body of curses. It must be eaten quickly, as the fruit rots into nothingness after 1 day, eating the fruit after it has begun to rot means instant death. <-- I'd rather that not be the case...but if it's needed to work, I'm fine with it. The 1 day rot means that the fruit can't be taken on a journey and used to heal anyone not in the village.

(In summary: A tree sprouts, golden colored, with a fruit that can cure the sick (any sickness), but the tree has limitations. only 1 fruit sprouts per month, and once plucked, it dies after 1 day.)

If for some reason you won't allow this, even with my limitations, I wish to have the points back..as opposed to nothing happening...or..however you want that to happen I suppose...since it's your game.

*IF It happens* Pan reveals all of this to the Mayor, telling him of it's power and it's limitations. He will ask that the people be kind to the tree, as it has the power to heal the sick and save the hurt or dying.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Sending Jacob or Magnus is too risky as they are skilled laborers/workers. We lose them to injury or disease and the entire village suffers.

If we go to the town of the sick we might run into the spike tail or orcs enroute, and if we run we'll lead them right back to our home. Very tempted to say send no one; we know it's a "plagued" town, all we'll find is disease. Either that, or if we have to send someone, anyone... a single person -- this person could take this as training and become a scout for the village.

So I vote E, or C if we absolutely -have- to send someone, but just the guard. Just a single person. One person moves faster than a group. We risk losing them and not knowing what happened, but I think it's a tolerable risk.

I second the Quarry idea. We need to find stronger stuff to build stronger defenses... or stone weapons...?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:22 pm

As I haven't chimed in yet on the visit to the plagued town, I'm voting for Magnus, together with one other person so both of them can go by horse and speed up the process. Additionally, Elore will be joining them- Giving instructions to the villagers to work on her trap design on the meanwhile, hopefully resuming work on that and hunting the beast down should it come to it...

Reasoning for it is that it appears that some of our people might already be infected, the mayor showing potential signs of it- And since he's too important to lose, finding any leads towards a cure is something that should be explored.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:51 pm

RP INTERLUDE! And HALFWAY UPDATE!

Interlude suggestions needed!
Okay everyone, the first thing that will happen next month is Elore and the rider going back to the goldfurs to trade.
Since Elore cannot communicate with you guys, any information you wish her to have must come before hand.
I'll give you guys till until Monday to post Suggestions/info for Elore to consider.

Last info on the trade was:

-You guys wanted to gain farm animals and general trade with the Goldfurs.

-The mayor allowed it.

-The goldfurs said then:
"If your leader promise you will newer hold cattle or goats, as they are holy to my tribe! Will bring you fowl in exchange for wheat, fish and wild game. We know of a flock of fowls that we have seen humans like to keep as they produce eggs and cannot fly well would that be agreeable for you? Good, if you bring a deer, a sack of fish and a sack of wheat next month, we will bring you four of the birds."

So far you guys has replied with:
-finish the deal with the goldfurs though, assuming they agree to the compromise. (, in which if they were ever to keep goats or cows, they'd be treated with respect and only for their milk, not to be slaughtered? )
-what if you said it in the way of.. "Building a shrine (aka fence) around them and protecting them (fighting off wild animals).
-anything i missed?

So, time to give suggestions!

Halfway update!
Okay Everyone, the votes are in. and the rsult is:
A+2, A+3, A + Riders
E
C, C
Based on these suggestions, The mayor decides to send Magnus, Elore and the male Rider, they will take the rider horses and a wagon to "The cursesed city"

That halfway update comes now, because it will effect the rest of the month. please note! what happens here happens AFTER the goldfur tradeing, but AT THE SAME TIME as most of the next update!

YEAR 0.9 First half. Away from Our town!
After coming home from the Goldfurs, Magnus, Elore and The Male Rider named Timothy prepares for the journey to "The cursed city"
Taking only the needed provisions, a wagon and the two horses they set out on the third day of the month.
The road north west, back to the town is easy to follow, after just a days ride, a body is found every few hours, then every hour... after five days and more then forty bodies they arrive at the town.
The stench of rot and decay hangs tick in the air, only overpowered by the dread feeling oozing from every ruin and abandoned house.

An ire silence hangs over the town, and as the three goes into towns square, they cannot help but feel watched....
Going closer to the only intact house, suddenly Elore and Magnus hears a scream, as they turn around the hear the sound of a millions tiny legs on the ground, almost as a roaring river!
Timothy has been attacked by a swarm of Cockroaches, Rats, insects and other vermin!
Bravely the two fight to save him, arrow after arrow is releasd!
Magnus swings his sword, killing many rats and cockroaches at once, but none compared to the swarm that overflows the street!
but it is to no use, and as they see Timothy succumb to the swarm while they themselves, are pressed up against the building and must flee inside via the window.

Inside is no better, many more beasts are in here!

But....
they do not attack!

Magnus wonders why, but then turn around and see Elore holding up an object, while she speaks a language he cannot understand! a language as old as time, the words of gods!

So...

This is where we are!

Elore and Magnus are captured in a house in the cursed city.

And... The gods can both see and hear her! and can talk back to her.

So here is what Elore has learned from the weird object she is holding!

The object is an Urn, containing the ashes of a former gods Avatar!
The gods name was Uroquzzl, bringer of plague and death, brother to filth and vermin, general of disease!
His powers but a fraction of what they once was, are clinging on to this world by the remains in the urn.

Elore has a choice to make!
Simply she can leave the urn, and Uroquzzl promises she will survive and be free.

More of a gamble, She can destroy the urn, this will release a wave of energy, that *should* turn all the vermin into normal animals again. (rather than the current hive mind of a destructive swarm) and as a bonus, the gods would gain the influence that Uroquzzl has left.
But its a gamble.

ALL GODS, may guide Elore to what she should do.
Mort Alone makes the decision (Thuesday your time m0rt, until then, just talk with the others!!!)

IF she destroys the urn and IF that works. the gods then have a choice to make.
They can feel how much power is inside the urn, and they can feel its source.
The power comes from all the sick people, including those in Our town!
each influence point correspond to one person, but it is not possible to say what point belongs to who.
There are a total of 54 points...
Each god may take up to 6 Influence points (this include Elore) and keep them.
Any point not taken will return to the human they belong to and fully cure them.
Any point taken by a god, will result in its human dying.
As you can guess, not all the points belong to the sick people in Our town....
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:07 pm

I say destroy it.

Pan will take 6 points if it's destroyed...

While he cares for the sick people... He cares more about the village.. And with the points he is sure he can save them