Dungeon of horror, Round 8

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Dungeon of horror, Round 8

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:47 am

Just the game thread for Dungeon of horror Take II


Recruitment thread: (1 spots left)
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1685

Image

Rules:
► Show Spoiler
Character choice:
► Show Spoiler
Learning stuff, classes and regaining HP
► Show Spoiler
//Using magic wands, staffs and relics
► Show Spoiler
Q/A:
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves]
Image
Color LIGHT BEIGE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 1 + 1 = 2
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 1
Items:
[Shield] + 1 REF (10 durability)

[tabs:TIN CAN]
Image
Color WHITE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1+1 = 2
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 1
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Light armor] + 1 DEF (10 durability)

[tabs:WANDERER CANON]
Image
Color BLUE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 1 + 1 = 2
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Spear] + 1 R-ATT (Returns to owner)


[tabs:WhizBang]
Image
Color PURPLE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 1
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Wand] (Unidentified)

[tabs: LORE!!!]
Entry 1)
This dungeon maze was found some twenty years ago by Becomes-A-Skeleton, a famed goblin adventure.
He, and countless other goblins has trough the times dared the dungeon, few has returned. but those who did spoke of horrors and gold, both far beyond any goblins imagination.
And now it is your turn to venture into the DUNGEON OF HORROR!!!
Oh.. yea... Becomes-A-Skeleton did not return.... Just saying....
[/tabs]
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, sample rounds up (1 spot left)

Post by LAYF » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 am

okay, so.. Tomorrow the game will start. so far we have 3 players. (Character sheets in the OP)

There are one spot left.


The following is sample round, to explain LoS and FoW. as well as actions.
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4714

Re: Dungeon of horror, sample rounds up (1 spot left)

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:23 am

Are those spots at A1 rocks or such? If so, Tin Can picks ups some of them.
In any case, Tin Can moves to D1.
If there's any enemies in melee range, attack them.
If there's any enemies around in missile range and he got rocks, he throws as many rocks at the nearest enemy there is as he can.
If there's no enemies around, he'll open the door to E1.

Edit:
BadgeAddict wrote:WhizBang starts waving his wand around, pointing it at random things whilst remarking "I wonder what this does?"
Tin Can also makes sure he's not a random thing. :lol:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Dungeon of horror, sample rounds up (1 spot left)

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:14 am

This is a tag...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by LAYF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:18 am

ROUND 0

Image

-Here is the opening!

-Where?

-Here!

-Oh.. see, there are some stones.. maybe we should bring some, to throw you know?

-You can do that... I have my magic spear!

-Fair.. well... I'll stack up on stones then...

-I'll take some too!

-Yea, me too.


Welcome.
This dungeon maze was found some twenty years ago by Becomes-A-Skeleton, a famed goblin adventure.
He, and countless other goblins has trough the times dared the dungeon, few has returned. but those who did spoke of horrors and gold, both far beyond any goblins imagination.
And now it is your turn to venture into the DUNGEON OF HORROR!!!
Oh.. yea... Becomes-A-Skeleton did not return.... Just saying....

Entry 1 added to the LORE.


So. welcome.. this is Round 0, and the game has officially started.

You may all post actions. for those who does not have a returnable spear, you have all been given 2 stones (from the entry)

@Gathers: I have seen your post, and if you do not post any other actions before i update, I'll use that :)
(also, please note that a the order of actions is Move->Other action (+any free actions if any), or Move->Extra move (+any free actions if any), or (Full round action (no free actions)


.[tabs: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves]
Image
Color LIGHT BEIGE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 1 + 1 = 2
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 1
Items:
[Shield] + 1 REF (10 durability)
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs:TIN CAN]
Image
Color WHITE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1+1 = 2
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 1
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Light armor] + 1 DEF (10 durability)
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs:WANDERER CANON]
Image
Color BLUE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 1 + 1 = 2
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Spear] + 1 R-ATT (Returns to owner)


[tabs:WhizBang]
Image
Color PURPLE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 1
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Wand] (Unidentified)
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs: LORE!!!]
Entry 1)
This dungeon maze was found some twenty years ago by Becomes-A-Skeleton, a famed goblin adventure.
He, and countless other goblins has trough the times dared the dungeon, few has returned. but those who did spoke of horrors and gold, both far beyond any goblins imagination.
And now it is your turn to venture into the DUNGEON OF HORROR!!!
Oh.. yea... Becomes-A-Skeleton did not return.... Just saying....
[/tabs]
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:29 am

WhizBang starts waving his wand around, pointing it at random things whilst remarking "I wonder what this does?"
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by LAYF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

BadgeAddict wrote:WhizBang starts waving his wand around, pointing it at random things whilst remarking "I wonder what this does?"
If you wish, you may attempt to use it.
//Using magic wands, staffs and relics
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 am

WhizBang points his wand at the door at the end of the hallway and closes his eyes, wincing in expectation.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:09 am

Canon will move to D2 if he does not see an enemy behind the door...
If there is an enemy, he can see, behind the door he will move to D1 and throw his spear at it if it is in range.
If Canon moves to D2 and sees an enemy and it is in range he will throw his spear.
If Canon moves to D2 and sees an enemy but it is out of range he will wait for the enemy to come into range to throw his spear.
If Canon moves to D2 and does not see an enemy, or it is out of his line of sight, he will wait for an enemy to appear and to come into range.
If no enemy appears this round he will end his turn.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
Posts: 392

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by Tea » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:26 pm

ESaL will move to D1 and see if he can open the door by hand.
Although, if Whiz is successful at directing some magic in this direction ("Are you sure you know how to use that thing?"), he is prepared to abandon the door in favor of ducking (or diving) out of the way!

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Canon will state "Do any of us know what we are doing? That isn't Canon for this level..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 1

Post by LAYF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm

ROUND 1

Image


-ESaL and Tin Can moves over to the door and opens it, well aware of Whizs wand waving.
Opening the door they look into another short hallway, no monsters in sight,
-Canon Notes the lact of opponent and hurries around the corner.Still, no opponents visible.

Whiz concludes the lack of danger makes for a good time to test out the wand he brought. waving it around and concentrating on adding MAGIC to it, he feels as if a little more is needed. The wand does not seem to do anything with the power given [1 Magic power accumulated in the wand].


.[tabs: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves]
Image
Color LIGHT BEIGE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 1 + 1 = 2
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 1
Items:
[Shield] + 1 REF (10 durability)
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs:TIN CAN]
Image
Color WHITE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1+1 = 2
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 1
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Light armor] + 1 DEF (10 durability)
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs:WANDERER CANON]
Image
Color BLUE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 1 + 1 = 2
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Spear] + 1 R-ATT (Returns to owner)


[tabs:WhizBang]
Image
Color PURPLE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 1
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Wand] (Unidentified) - 1 Magic power accumulated.
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs: LORE!!!]
Entry 1)
This dungeon maze was found some twenty years ago by Becomes-A-Skeleton, a famed goblin adventure.
He, and countless other goblins has trough the times dared the dungeon, few has returned. but those who did spoke of horrors and gold, both far beyond any goblins imagination.
And now it is your turn to venture into the DUNGEON OF HORROR!!!
Oh.. yea... Becomes-A-Skeleton did not return.... Just saying....
[/tabs][/quote]
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 0

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Whiz lets out a small scared peep when he realizes that he is being left alone. He hurries to catch up with the others.

Confused by the lack of bang from the wand, whiz decides to wait to use it later.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 1

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Canon goes to G1,
If an enemy appears, and it is in range, he will throw his spear
if there is no enemy Canon will wait until one appears, then he will throw his spear...
If no enemy appears Canon will continue to F3
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4714

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 1

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:57 am

► Show Spoiler
Tin Can moves to E3.
If there are enemies in range, he'll attack the nearest one of them (with rock, if ranged).
If no enemies are around, he'll move back to D2 so he can open that door next round.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 1

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:43 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Fixed
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
Posts: 392

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 1

Post by Tea » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:15 pm

ESaL will wait for Whiz to catch up, unless any of his comrades encounters any monsters--in that case he and those rocks he picked up will rush over to provide some backup.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:09 pm

ROUND 2

Image

-Canon turns around and walks back, then farther to the East, as he turns and look around the corner he sees a small skeleton coming closer. He throws his [Spear], breaking a rip on the small undead. The [Spear] returns in his hand.
-The Skeleton advances towards him, but not that far.
-ESaL sees that Canon is engaged in battle and hurries to his side. when he sees the skeleton he too attacks, throwing a [stone] at it! the stone seems to bounce off the bony opponent.

Tin Can has other plans and moves down south, rounding a corner He spots something up ahead, an unmoving, large blue Gello-squareÔäó. Throwing a [stone] at the beast, Tin Can is unsure if it has any effect, the creature wobbles a bit from the impact, but otherwise seems unmoved.

Whiz decides not to play wizard right now, and hurries after the others (others being the majority)


.[tabs: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves]
Image
Color LIGHT BEIGE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 1 + 1 = 2
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 1
Items:
[Shield] + 1 REF (10 durability)
[Stone] X 1 (Throwable)

[tabs:TIN CAN]
Image
Color WHITE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1+1 = 2
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 1
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Light armor] + 1 DEF (10 durability)
[Stone] X 1 (Throwable)

[tabs:WANDERER CANON]
Image
Color BLUE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 1 + 1 = 2
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Spear] + 1 R-ATT (Returns to owner)


[tabs:WhizBang]
Image
Color PURPLE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 1
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Wand] (Unidentified) - 1 Magic power accumulated.
[Stone] X 2 (Throwable)

[tabs: LORE!!!]
Entry 1)
This dungeon maze was found some twenty years ago by Becomes-A-Skeleton, a famed goblin adventure.
He, and countless other goblins has trough the times dared the dungeon, few has returned. but those who did spoke of horrors and gold, both far beyond any goblins imagination.
And now it is your turn to venture into the DUNGEON OF HORROR!!!
Oh.. yea... Becomes-A-Skeleton did not return.... Just saying....
[/tabs]
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Canon gives the skeleton "What For!" in the form of a spear attack!
He then notes that he is supposed to go save Tin Can but can't move due to the rules!
"Damn living in a GM's Paradise!" he states to the fourth wall...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Quarg wrote:-SNIP-
"Damn living in a GM's Paradise!" he states to the fourth wall...
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:06 pm

LAYF wrote:
Quarg wrote:-SNIP-
"Damn living in a GM's Paradise!" he states to the fourth wall...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4714

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 am

Tin Can moves to E1 (that's 4 squares, so one move action, right?)

If the skeleton moves to G2 and into LoS of Tin Can, he'll throw his other rock at it.
Else he moves to G1 (unless at least another goblin moves to G2, in which case, Tin Can moves to G2, too).
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:03 am

Whiz points his wand at the skeleton and wills it to do something horrible to it. He winces in expectation.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 am

Missing one char, will update asap after that...
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
Posts: 392

Re: Dungeon of horror, Round 2

Post by Tea » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Apologies. Got caught in some really bad storms. The electricity got quite...fluxey.

ESaL will stay where he is. He's saving that second stone and his friends look like they have the attack handled for now.

Post Reply