Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14888

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Imarial, his anger at Elara momentarily forgotten in light of questions to be answered, and information to be gathered, accepts her help after a quick prayer of Guidance.

Arcana Check: Advantage, Guidance: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6+1D4 = [1, 9]+6+[4] = 19
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Deciding that the problem is indeed not medical Imarial starts to look into the more magical aspects that may be at work.

Looking over the body he finds multiple marks, same kind as those the other cultists had on their hands, but many many more, and all small and hidden. Like inside the lips, in an armpit, under eyelids and tattooed under the hair.
One strikes him as the root of the current problem. On the tongue of the cultist he finds three symbols in ancient elven: loyalty, punishment and pacification.
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Thedor stands and leaves the room, whispering to Elara <When your done here, come find me...I need to apologize...>

He returns to the Orb room and studies it quietly for a few moments before searching the store rooms for food and things to cook food with.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:12 am

The room looks like it was just recently converted for ritual practice, but this recent attempt at magic sure took its toll on it, cracks in the ceiling, floor and wall reveals that the structure has been weakened.
Standing there alone, Thedor can feel the magic in the room is still strong, it feel like it only does in the most holy of places, and yet, it feels wrong... As if something went wrong, or was done wrong? Forgotten? Betrayed? He is not sure...

Placing it in the back of his mind he returns to the first storage room. It's filled with food, nothing suitable for rations, but good for cooking here and now, there are even a few pots and pans. Marks on the Flore indicates that fireplaces has been made, and put out quickly... With no ventilation this is not a good place to cook... Maybe in the first cave room or outside would be better..
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:17 am

Elara vaguely wonders how she's managed to come through all of the events of the day relatively unscathed.

When Imarial is done ("Did you find out what's wrong with him?"), she'll go to find thedor.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:13 am

Ic: Elara finds Thedor while he inspects the food storage room,currently with ham in hand.

Ooc:
► Show Spoiler
So, off to the ooc and respond my minions... Eh... Dear players...
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Thedor stands up with the ham1 and puts it into a large pot. (this is all in elvish) <Well we can get some food into us at least. I'd prefer moving back to the castle but that's still in enemy hands...>

<Elana I want to apologize for misjudging you earlier. I now can see why you'd have lied to those false drow. We're a thrown together group and they could have easily put an informant among us. But you did stop the elf from killing most of us, which obviously proves your not working for the drow. Otherwise, you would have just run and let us all be killed after your boss was safely away. So I am sorry for thinking you were actually working with them and threatening your life because of it.>

He will offer his hand to shake, and shake it firmly if she takes it.

<The flip side of things and because I threatened you, and paid him off, Bob's a bit more...malleable to my suggestions. I swore he was going to just go for the false drow and take him down along with the rest of us.>

Thedor shakes his head and reaches into his pack. <I don't know what is going to happen next. Obviously our promised pay is out of the question as our employer was essentially robbed and mortally injured before we even met him.>

He pulls out 36 gold and hands it over.

<This is your share of the money I've found. I'm not trying to send you off or anything, By the Gods, your the only person everyone here will listen to. But, I don't want you dragged into this because you need the gold.>

He picks through mushrooms to find the best and sees if there are any peas or beans available on the shelves while he talks,

<This is no longer a mission about guarding a nobleman, this is about dealing with ancient elven artifacts of a dead elven God used to damn well screw with the wave itself by an ancient group of elves. Items that are apparently now being used by a drow. A drow with enough personal power to incinerate one of his own acolytes into dust with a single spell. This is not a mess anyone should walk into without their eyes wide open."

He pauses and looks at her, <And you know how unwilling the elf is to actually tell us anything about his research. I've never met an academic more worried about someone stealing his ideas rather than prattling on about them for a few hours.>
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:46 am

Elara grins at Thedor and shakes his hand. She replies in elvish.

"I am an opportunist by trade my friend, and often find talking myself out of trouble is easier than fighting my way through half an army! Still, thank you for your restraint at least!

...As for our academic friend... I worry that his arrogance will get us into trouble. I think he may be more dangerous than our dwarf. There's no doubt he is highly intelligent, but I wonder how wise he is.

Nonetheless, I don't know if I made the right choice back there with the cultists, but... Well, I have a duty to the realm and I did not feel our deaths would benefit it today. I think that there is more going on here than we know, but hopefully we have at least delayed whatever these people were attempting until we know more.

The cultist back there could be an ally. I suspect he had an honest change of heart in the end and if we can cure his malaise he may prove useful to us in determining what is going on. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a little fresh air and see if I can't find those horses!"

Elara will head off to find the horses, taking [Theis] with her if they insist on not separating :)

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Corval (Theis) is at the small fireplace outside.
Anyone going with Elara?
(still room for. Response from Thedor)
(And a response from Imarial if he gives any)
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:21 pm

((I also asked Imarial what he'd found on the cultist but he may have missed that)).

Elara will also take her share of the gold and give Thedor the 12 she found earlier herself. She'll head out to look for the horses before they stop for the night.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Thedor will ask, "Is this all the gold you found? I just need to know how to divide it properly"

Then he will ask, "You say you have a duty to the realm? I thought only Imarial was the only one with a government post.."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4187

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:16 pm

so like is our mission over now ?
where did that old dead dude live I need to get paid !, without the gold im on the streets

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:19 pm

*quick note, Bob is only in room with Imarial right now, so if you talk to someone else please say so..
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4187

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:20 pm

(general to all around me as I thought there were more)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Quarg wrote:Thedor will ask, "Is this all the gold you found? I just need to know how to divide it properly"

Then he will ask, "You say you have a duty to the realm? I thought only Imarial was the only one with a government post.."
"Hah! Well, I suppose we all do do we not? I've got a decent memory for tales and an eye for detail that gets me a bit of work as a messenger or doing deliveries when folk can't afford to pay a wizard to do it. I mostly just take whatever work I can find as long as it's honest, and escorting a Lord pays pretty well in the scheme of things.

Shame how that turned out really, there's few enough people as decent as he was.

Anyway, I'm going to see about finding the horses. I'll check in with Corval on my way out. And I've no more gold, I gave you everything I found."

((I've forgotten exactly how much it was, but I'm not keeping any back))

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:05 pm

(Except for the 36 gold he just handed you... :lol: )

Thedor goes about getting the pot with ham and some dried peas and mushrooms and puts some water over the peas to let them soak.

He finds Bob and waves him out of the room and down the hall.

"Here is your share Bob...32 gold..." hands him the gold coins and then goes to the forward part of the cave to build a fire.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14888

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Elara ... ("Did you find out what's wrong with him?"), ...
"He has been... marked. It seems to be affecting his behavior.", Imarial points out the three marks on the tongue in particular.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Before Elara leaves, she'll stick her head into the room with Imarial and Bob to find out what's wrong with the guy.

Hearing Imarial's reply, she asks:

"Really? Can you remove them do you think? Or do we need to find a temple? ... I don't really want to cut his tongue out in order to cure him."

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4187

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:29 pm

ripping his heart out might also be a cure , bob smirks


bob gladly takes the gold... thank you elf

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Okay.. seeing as there has been no more responses:

Elara, with the help of Corval manage to find the horses, both just wandering about not far from the cave mouth.

Thedor cooks up a decent meal, using the resources he finds in the food storage, so you don't need to spend any more.

Imarial uses some tine to see if he can do anything about your spellbound spellcaster, but nothing comes to mind. maybe in the morning.

The evening goes slowly forward and you all decide to rest here in the cave for the night.

Please, post a "Guard duty order:
1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on until all have had a shift.
for all, make two Perception checks, on with advantage (on guard duty), and one with disadvantage (sleeping)

please note if you choose to sleep IN armor. if you do not note anything, I assume you sleep out of armor.
also, please post the first thing your characters wish to do when they wake up in the morning (aside from putting on armor)
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14888

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:58 pm

LAYF wrote: Please, post a "Guard duty order:
1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on until all have had a shift.
for all, make two Perception checks, on with advantage (on guard duty), and one with disadvantage (sleeping)

please note if you choose to sleep IN armor. if you do not note anything, I assume you sleep out of armor.
also, please post the first thing your characters wish to do when they wake up in the morning (aside from putting on armor)
Imarial is still shook, so would probably not be feeling much able to trance just yet, so will take first shift. Since no one else has posted, I'm just taking it.

Perception while on guard: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [3, 18]+5 = 23

Perception while asleep: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [6, 11]+5 = 11

Does sleeping in armor confer any penalties in your game? 5e did away with that, so just looking to see what the effect of that would be in your world if I do. First thing in the morning would be praying to replenish spells for the day. I'll have to take a look and see if I am going to change what is prepared.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:17 pm

I think Elara has leather armour, so will just sleep in hers if it doesn't incur a house-rule penalty (I don't think there are RAW rules that cover it any more).

She'll leave Imarial to watch first and will take the second shift. She suspects that he is probably still pissed off at her, but wouldn't mind the chance to discover if he talks in his sleep.

Perception (ADV): 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [19, 15]+2 = 21
Perception (DIS): 2D20.LOW(1)+2 = [8, 11]+2 = 10

((Are we playing on Sunday? I'm definitely available if so, and will get my character sheet updated before then if so. I'm not 100% settled on my L3 spell-set or I'd have done it already))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14888

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 pm

thinkslogically wrote:wouldn't mind the chance to discover if he talks in his sleep.
Sleep is for the other races, full elves have no need of sleep. ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14393
Location: Florida

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Ah yeah, ok :) Well, maybe he mumbles while he meditates :lol:

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm game for a game again...

How about you guys (Ask, Theis and Quarg)
-Best regards LAYF

Post Reply