Rolling mountains between games-game (update 26th)

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Rolling mountains between games-game

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:40 am

over they day thinks goes fine, the gambling goes back and forth, and some strangers join in from time to time.
At the end, everyone who played has won and lost to an even score, except Elara who seems to have luck on her side, she has won a total of 1 Electrum, 3 silver and 7 copper.
The day passes fast with gambling and idle talk, sure as rain in Talant and draught in WollÔÇÖsura, the evening comes.
Many more people enters the inn, many different characters seems to enjoy the stew and drinks.

make a perception check.
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am

((Everyone? During this time, assuming I'd been able to find or procure one, I'd have been reading, waiting impatiently for the mission to start the next day, or silently judging the others... not paying too much attention to what's going on.))

Perception: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:21 am

Elara will have spent the afternoon trying to use the gambling to get the measure of the rest of the group (Insight stuff, but I don't know if you want / need rolls for PCs).

Perception: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:24 am

bob who has spend the whole evning gambling and not insulting his team rolls a 18 (rolled in the roll20 app with layf to lazy to copy)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:27 am

Like you expect any of us to to trust your rolls after cheating at dice! As long as LAYF does, I suppose. :P
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:32 am

I base that on not being familiar with the app =p, if i want I could just have rolled 20 times till i got the result i wanted =p
i just thought i was lucky, turned out I was to dumb to roll 2 dice =p

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:33 am

I base that on not being familiar with the app =p, if i want I could just have rolled 20 times till i got the result i wanted =p
i just thought i was lucky, turned out I was to dumb to roll 2 dice =p

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 am

understandable spider.. but it's true.. I'll save the chat log ;)
*The perception roll is unrelated to the dice games.
*and sorry about the "everyone" fixed it...
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:39 am

LAYF wrote:*and sorry about the "everyone" fixed it...
Oh, sorry, I started out asking one thing and ended up clarifying another. I was asking if you wanted everyone to make a perception check and was going to give you one just in case you did, then went on to clarify what I'd been spending the day doing. I knew the "everyone" in the dice game didn't refer to me, cause I wasn't playing, hence my clarifying. :lol: Sorry to add less clarity!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Thedor likely spent some time napping before starting to play/practice his shawm...
If anyone switches to a game such as Gluckhaus, he might have wagered a few rounds but not much.

Music: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

note he keeps a bowl on the table near him to prevent anyone being silly enough to throw a coin into his drink. I also assume he has bought a second bottle of 4sp wine for himself...

Perception check:

Perception: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:03 pm

((Quarg - are you busking inside the bar?))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:06 pm

thinkslogically wrote:((Quarg - are you busking inside the bar?))
(No, actually he's just sitting in the corner playing for himself...he throws the coin back if someone throws it in)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Quarg wrote:<Do you mean to tell me you're not aware of where dwarves keep their coins?>
<I would then expect it to be corroded green, not rusted with knobbly brown around the edges as though made of iron, also did I hear correctly that he thinks he's human?>
Elara shrugs.

"Maybe he's just a short one" she says with a half-hearted laugh.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:16 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Quarg wrote:<Do you mean to tell me you're not aware of where dwarves keep their coins?>
<I would then expect it to be corroded green, not rusted with knobbly brown around the edges as though made of iron, also did I hear correctly that he thinks he's human?>

Elara shrugs.

"Maybe he's just a short one" she says with a half-hearted laugh.
<Well, it would explain why he gets upset when ever we call him a dwarf...But he does seem a bit oddly proportioned for a human...even a very short one...>

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:21 pm

((Half dwarves aren't a thing in D&D, so should we assume that being a dwarf is an extremely obvious trait?

Elara is joking again by the way.))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:29 pm

(I rolled poorly on that perception check then...as did Thedor...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:54 pm

thinkslogically wrote:((Half dwarves aren't a thing in D&D, so should we assume that being a dwarf is an extremely obvious trait?
Its an obvious trait, Bob is hiding it a bit with hidden stilts, but it does infect makes it more obvious, the proportions with both leg/body, but also leg/knee and lastly grid gives it away....

Hmm... i take it Theis will not have time to response today.. so I'll post the result of the perception in a bit.. using passive for Theis..
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Thedor, Elara and Bob

As more people comes into the inn, Thedor picks up his shawm and starts playing.
People gather around and listens, a few drunkards even join in at times. And a few copper and even a silver is thrown into the bowl.
While playing he spots two figures, at the far end of the room. They are engage in a conversation, to silent to hear over inns other patrons. However, it is not their talk; it is their appearance, which catches his eye.
They are gray in the skin, and their hair is white silvery! At first he take them for odd drows, but at closer inspection he can see, they are in fact humans, not elves at all. For some reason these two have painted themselves as agents of the underdark, but are here in the inn, openly?
Looking to his companions Thedor sees that Elara and Bob has spotted the same.
Elara hides it best, only looking out of the corner of her eye. Bob stares them down with visible disgust in his eyes!

//6 copper and 1 silver. Thedor gains for playing music.
//Remember you are at an inn, now full of people. and alcohol drinkers in mass.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:48 pm

((how far away are they from us / the bar?))

Elara stands up and steps in front of Bob to break his eye cibtact. Loudly, she says, "Another drink, gentlemen? I'm going to use the facilities, but I'll get a round in on my way back."

Quietly to Bob she hisses "Stop staring. We are here on the official business remember? Don't make a scene that will embarrass us."

Elara moves towards the "drow" table, trying to move fairly subtley thru the crowd to listen in to their conversation. If anyone asks what she's doing, she'll say she's looking for the bathroom and do they know where it is.

Stealth: 1D20 +4 = [13]+4 = 17

Perception: 1D20 +2 = [11]+2 = 13

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:55 pm

thinkslogically wrote:-SNIP-((how far away are they from us / the bar?))-SNIP-
roughly 45 feets.
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Thedor just nods but stands up himself and turns to a few of the other tables nearby. "Anyone want to hear a specific song...any suggestions?" he asks the crowd.
(Yes, I am trying to draw their attention to me...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:10 pm

"The one about the drunken elf!" one man yells while another response "No you moron, he's playing a flute not performing an opera!!! Lets have the sale swords ballad, ill boy you a bottle of vine!" he says and gestures to the innkeeper to get the expensive bottle brought to your table

As Elara moves closer in cover of the new attention Thedor has drawn she hears parts of the "drow" conversation, but apparently only the last part.

"...ot easyto find one, and how lo ng do you think we got? two days? one maybe, if we are lucky, i know its a heavy price, but i say we pay it and be done with it...." one says as the other nods his head half hearted "Okay okay, but its coming out of your cut then!!"
At that they both stop and listens to the music while drinking, fast, and a lot.....
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:20 pm

bob stops paying attention to the men one elara request, but keeps an eye on the door in case other show up
he throws a quick glance at the inn keeper checking if he needs any help

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:41 pm

As you look up you do notes that the old man seems a bit stressed, as you offer your help he looks at you with a smile "thank you Bob, maybe there is hope for you after all"
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:45 pm

LAYF wrote:"The one about the drunken elf!" one man yells while another response "No you moron, he's playing a flute not performing an opera!!! Lets have the sale swords ballad, ill boy you a bottle of vine!" he says and gestures to the innkeeper to get the expensive bottle brought to your table

As Elara moves closer in cover of the new attention Thedor has drawn she hears parts of the "drow" conversation, but apparently only the last part.

"...ot easyto find one, and how lo ng do you think we got? two days? one maybe, if we are lucky, i know its a heavy price, but i say we pay it and be done with it...." one says as the other nods his head half hearted "Okay okay, but its coming out of your cut then!!"
At that they both stop and listens to the music while drinking, fast, and a lot.....
I will try my best sir...And begins to play the song, indicating with a quick gesture of the hand that the other half elf should allow herself to stay where she is...
music: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
He plays the ballad over several minutes before finally finishing. He then gives a small head nod, "My apologies to you all, but I need to adjust my reed lest I start squawking like a stuck goose...thank you all for listening"
Thedor sits down again.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr