The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:12 am

thinkslogically wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:28 am ((Yeah, why not :) I think Mehriv had a particular Wild Magic rule as well right? Let me go and find out what we're running...

EDIT: Yeah, Mehriv is meant to be rolling the d20 for Wild Magic after every leveled spell he casts, and has thus far been VERY careful not to cast anything much above a cantrip :) I'll take the WM roll when you get a chance dlover.

EDIT2: Burns, I still need to know where you're running to :) ))
Ops sorry, Uhhhh, where Nioca's character when she was in a tree?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:20 am

((syli's been on the roof the whole time))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 am

"So have you seen any of the fungus down here before?"

((I'm just going to assume that translations are happening to allow conversation to flow?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:49 am

((yes, assume away!))

She shrugs. "Here and there. If we find a patch we get rid of it, but I don't know where to find more."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:54 am

"Does it grow in certain areas? Wetter areas, drier areas? Merric and I can fit easily in places the rest of you can't, but I think we should stick mostly together. Any thoughts on which tunnel to try first Kal?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:54 am "Does it grow in certain areas? Wetter areas, drier areas? Merric and I can fit easily in places the rest of you can't, but I think we should stick mostly together. Any thoughts on which tunnel to try first Kal?"
She shrugs again. "Can't say I ever paid much that much attention. If it's not trying to kill us, we just clear it out our way and keep on moving. There's more than enough else to worry about down here than where all the weird plants grow."

((From his medicine check Kal only really knows the uses of the fungus, but he could make a nature check to see what he remembers about its usual state))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Varsk looks at the fire and then up at the roof then back at the fire.

"Actually, don't have a clue how to fix this. Ya got a bucket?"

Failing an available bucket he grabs a lizardfolk corpse and tosses it on the fire to smother the flame and then picks up another one and presses the body against the walls to snuff it out, careful not to burn himself.

((Rolled a flat 10 for the body moving if it matters))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Wild magic: 1d100 = [58] = 58
OH GOD FIRE. How could Luck do this to us?!
(If I'm looking at the right table, a 58 is 'For the next minute every flammable object you touch that isn't being worn or carried bursts into flame.')
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:57 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:20 am ((syli's been on the roof the whole time))
(Ah um.....south I guess?)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Nature: 2d20 = [20, 4] +3 = 23

Kal may not have seen this particular fungus, but plants and fungi are a specialty of his.

As they explore, he'll be keeping an eye out for anything else that might be of use.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Dlover wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:30 pm Wild magic: 1d100 = [58] = 58
OH GOD FIRE. How could Luck do this to us?!
(If I'm looking at the right table, a 58 is 'For the next minute every flammable object you touch that isn't being worn or carried bursts into flame.')
Do you need to roll a d20 first to see if the flames actually happen?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:05 pm

Not with Tides of Chaos used. While its use is expended the d20 doesn't happen, and after Wild Magic triggers it refreshes Tides.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:21 pm

((gotcha! Moar fire it is then :lol: ok, update is on it's way in the next hour))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Lizard Group

Kal ponders what he knows about the fungus, and in a flash of inspiration, connects the yellow healing powder together with a rather dull yellow, slimy, mouldy-looking fungus that tends to be found around the edges of shallow, freshwater pools in dark places. It must be that, he's sure of it. He explains as much to Arok who sighs.

"Sounds like we're going into the maze then. That passage will open out after a few dozen meters, but don't get lost. You get lost, you're likely to die."

Wandering over to the wall, she scoops a handful of the phosphorescent moss off the wall and starts smearing it over her body. By the time she's done, she looks like a glowing apparition, but at least you should be able to keep track of her.

--------------------------------------------------------

Druid Group

Outside the hut:
► Show Spoiler
Inside the Hut:
► Show Spoiler
Outside the Hut:
► Show Spoiler
Inside the Hut:
► Show Spoiler
Gwen is up; the nearest lizardfolk is probably 50 feet to the east of her position.

-------------------------------------------

Turn Order

Varsk (1 / 25 HP; BM Maneuvers: Riposte learned)
Syli (16 / 21 HP)
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran (-5 HP)
Gwen (5 / 21 HP) <------
Mehriv (6 / 14 HP)
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Gwen will launch an eldrich blast at the closest lizardman and continues to flee south.

Eldrich blast [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15[1d10] = 6

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:16 pm

"If you can get a good shot off, take it." Glancing at the fire, Mehr leans his hands on his thighs, "Of all the times to not have practiced Prestidigitation enough. A bucket would be very handy right now."

If that javelin lizard is still visible and standing when Mehr's turn comes up he'll be going for Magic Missile on it.
Magic Missile damage: 3d4+3 = [3, 3, 1] = 10
WM? 1d20 = [14] = 14
No Wild Magic.

If the big lizard isn't a viable target, then he'll instead use Mage Hand to tear down the curtains before they fully catch fire, dragging them out into the rain to soak for a short moment, then bring them back to smother the fire some more.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:58 am

Feeling like this is probably not the best use of his time Varsk heads outside as far as he can, heading east, and will shoot any lizardfolk running away using his borrowed crossbow, preference on the staff one.

Crossbow attack: 1d20+5 = [20] = 25
Crossbow attack damage: 2d8+3 = [6, 1] = 10
Poison damage (DC 16 save): 1d4 = [4] = 4

((Gotta say I have been rolling a lot of crits this fight but the non-crit hits do more damage.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:53 am

Druid Group
((All right, let's see what we can do with these rolls...))

Gwen fires an eldritch blast at the feeling staff-wielder, as Mehriv moves to the doorway of the hut and launches three magic missiles at the javelin-thrower who stumbles and falls, his body skidding into the wet mud and going still.

On Mehriv's instruction, Vaceran fires his held shot at the one who hit him earlier. The lizardfolk stumbles, but is still alive and keeps running.

1d20+4 = [19] = 23
1d8+2 = [4] = 6

The slingshot-lizard keeps running, making it to the edge of the forest and turning to look back and wait for the others, yelping in fright as the silhouetted form of Varsk emerges from the hut at a run and fires a bolt into the back of the staff-wielder, who staggers and turns with a growl. Raising its hands to the air, the staff begins to glow for a moment, but whatever spell was being cast is cut off by Syli's arrow and it falls to the ground:

Crossbow attack: 1d20+5 = [20] = 25
Crossbow attack damage: 2d8+3 = [6, 1] = 10
Poison damage (DC 16 save): 1d4 = [4] = 4

Syli ATT: 1d20+5 = [18] = 23
DAM: 1d6+3 = [1] = 4

The remaining lizardfolk lets out a bellow of anger as it leaps over the fallen body and sprints towards the edge of the forest.

Vaceran looks back to Valemgadro and follows Varsk outside, firing another shot at the fleeing lizardfolk, but just missing as his arrow thumps into a tree.

((Two left, both are very badly hurt, but in the dark and about 90 feet away from the hut / 60 feet away from Varsk))

-------------------------------------------

Turn Order

Varsk (1 / 25 HP; BM Maneuvers: Riposte learned)
Syli (16 / 21 HP)
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran (-5 HP)
Gwen (5 / 21 HP) <------
Mehriv (6 / 14 HP)
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:05 am

Merric yelps in surprise as the others have suddenly teleported to them, bringing a fight as well!

"Ooh a maze, sounds fun!"

Merric bounces along looking at Arok with wonder as she smears herself in the glowing moss. He grabs some himself, rubbing it in his hair and on his clothes.

"WOOooooOOOhh. This stuff is really neat, i wonder if it glows in the sea as well? Does your clan worship the false god like the other scaled ones? Your kind must have been blessed by the true god in ancient times to be so free in his domain."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am

((dammit! hahaha!))

The Real Lizard Group

Arok stares at the halfling in confusion. It doesn't look like she understands everything he says, which is probably for the best (unless Kal would like to translate verbatim?).

"Yes. The light makes us easier to see. Semuanya is our god. His strength runs in our blood."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am

Gwen fires an eldrich blast at one of the fleeing lizardfolk.

[1d20+6] = 12+6 = 18[1d10] = 9

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:16 am

Merric does not let the confusion stand! He repeats the message with telepathy, insuring she understands
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:17 am

(When his turn rolls around)

Varsk yells,

"Done then? Come on back. Kill them all!"

He then shoots the slinger in his scrawny back (if he is still alive otherwise the last one).

Crossbow attack: 1d20+5 = [19] = 24
Crossbow damage: 1d8+3 = [5] = 8
Poison damage (DC 16): 1d4 = [1] = 1

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 am

Unable to clearly see any of the remaining lizards (Since, y'know, darkness), Mehr sets to his plan of using Mage Hand to soak the curtains and smother the fire.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:28 am

Lizard Group

Arok recoils at the strange intrusion and glares at Merric, uttering a low growl.

"Do that again softling, and I will make sure to lose you in the maze."

Druid Group
Gwen and Varsk follow the runners and take them down before they can flee back to their clan. The thunderstorm crashes overhead, punctuated only by lightning and the dim light from the smouldering shed and burning house. Vaceran sprints inside to pull Valemgadro outside, but even with the rain and Mehriv's best efforts, the fire is too well established and takes hold completely, ultimately forcing everyone outside into the rainstorm to wait for the blaze to run its course. Syli rejoins the group.

Vaceran slumps to his knees and sobs in the glow of the burning house. Valemgadro just stands quietly nearby, watching the flames.

((Mehriv, make a perception check please))