The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

((do you get to reroll that 1? Or only on d20s?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:45 pm

((Only on d20s. :D "Lucky: When you roll a 1 on The D20 for an Attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll."
I'm only 1 under my max of 15, and would likely have rolled both HD anyway, on average.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

((cool, I'll definitely forget that many more times :D ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am

The halflings are content to settle in and rest, and while the "beach" is damp and dirty, it is surpringingly comfortable.

After an hour or so, Korrik is looking far more like his usual self again. Artho is not so relaxed and spends a good deal of time pacing, or walking around the walls, testing the strength of the various plant roots that just out from them and bringing occasional showers of gravel and dirt down on his head.

"It seems this is quite an effective prison. It appears the only way out it to fly or swim, or risk breaking your neck on an unstable climb to nowhere. Korrik, are you recovered? I fear we may have another underwater journey ahead of us later."

----------------
Syli is up in the Druid group:

https://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 75#p269150

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:26 pm

"I was fearing that might be the case. I will hopefully be alright."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:14 pm

((Once rested, I'll get up and move around, making sure everything feels ok for when we do move on.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 pm

((yup, I'll get you guys an update probably tomorrow. Wasn't waiting for anyone, just had a few more busy days :) ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 am

Lizard Group

Time passes uneventfully for the group, who remain quietly waiting in the muggy cenote, the waterproof bag from the lizardfolk largely ignored and left to one side as the sky overhead begins to darken from orange to red. As a few bats rouse themselves from around the walls as a handful of stars begin to appear in the sky, a puff of exhales water and air from the pool heralds the return of the lizardfolk, and four large individuals swim to the bank and pull themselves out.

The largest, whom you recognise as Korrik's "handler" from earlier, looks at the unopened bag for a few seconds, then turns to speak to Kal (who continues to translate):

"It is time to go. The little ones will go first with me. We will go the long way, with more air. You tall ones will go the faster way. There is more water, but you should not drown. Come."

The lizardfolk walks back into about three feet of water, and then stops, turning to wait for the halflings to follow.

((Any preparations you guys want to make, or are you good to press on?))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Druid Group

((Haven't heard from Nioca in a while, so Syli is temporarily on autopilot))

Syli continues to shoot at the remaining lizardfolk in the shed, easily landing a shot into its silhouetted form as it howls in the trap.

Shortbow: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
Shortbow: 1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Fire: 1D8 = [7] = 7

Deciding to take its chances, the lizardfolk rushes out of the hut, and continues rushing south towards its companions who are converging on the house.

Gwen:
► Show Spoiler
Inside the hut:
► Show Spoiler
Syli:
► Show Spoiler
Gwen is up.
((Make an acrobatics / athletics check vs DC22 or be grappled))

--------------------------------------------

Turn Order

Varsk
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen <----
Mehriv
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16079
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:12 am

Acrobatic: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23


Seeing that she can't outrun it she'll try to plunge her dagger into it. dagger: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
derp forgot damage. dagger: 1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:28 am

((Totally forgot about the bag, but in my defense, I was fixing to not die...))

Korrik admonishes his lizard folk handler.

"Let me get a full breath this time, and don't squeeze too hard!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:42 am

Merric will do his ritual but is otherwise ready!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:48 am

((nice roll!! That's awesome :D ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Lizard Group

"Let me get a full breath this time, and don't squeeze too hard!"

Kal translates Korrik's telling-off to his handler, who simply snorts.

"I will hold you as tightly as you require."

Once the halflings are ready to go, they are allowed time to catch a deep breath, and then both are grabbed tightly around their torsos and the rough, scaly hands clamp over your faces again as you are each pulled under the water and down into the darkness...

Shortly after, the remaining two lizardfolk each gesture to Kal and Artho, and they are similarly grabbed and pulled under.
Korrik & Merric:
► Show Spoiler
Kal & Artho:
► Show Spoiler
After what feels like a VERY long time, the halflings complete their tedious journey and are eventually brought into a slightly larger, glowing chamber where they see four lizardfolk and Kal. Artho is sitting by himself to one side looking rather miserable.

"Good. This way."

Finally, the four are led through a series of small, low, natural rocky tunnels. The ground underfoot is wet and slick with mud, but the air is mercifully cool at least as you slip and slide your way through some of the rougher areas. Your four lizardfolk handlers are quick to catch anyone who slips too badly, but don't seem to have the same issues with their clawed feet. Every so often you can see other tunnels opening out in different directions, some of which could fit a horse and cart, others of which are little more than a few inches in diameter. The majority are dark and unlit, but some seem to be smeared with the same glowing stuff that paints the corridor you're currently in.

After a little while longer, you start to notice scraps of dried grass underfoot, as a little further on, you arrive in a larger, open cave. Stalagmites and stalactites have been painted with the glowing stuff, and the pungent, stale smell of lizard fills the air. Two new, large lizardfolk approach as you, followed by the lizardfolk you saved in the swamp, as enter the room and the four handlers nods their heads in greeting.

Kal's handler says to him:
"These are our elders. Speak well."

The four handlers disperse through the room. Two return the way they came, and the other two wander to a nearby nest of dried grass and begin to dry the water off their scales.

One of the two new lizardfolk addresses Kal.
"You saved this one's life with magic, yes? You must do it again."

((Kal translates as usual, and you are all welcome to do / say whatever you would like at this point. Also, if there's anything you would like to have done or paid attention to during the tunnel travels just let me know))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Druid Group

As the lizardfolk reaches out, its arms close around Gwen's form, but in a near-supernatural display of agility, she JUST manages to twist free of its grasp, repaying the attempt with a swift stab of her dagger. The creature bellows in anger as the blade sinks deep into its ribs.

((Any movement for Gwen, or are you staying engaged with this guy for now?))

Mehriv is up ((You now know at least one lizardfolk is hammering on the cabin door, if there's anything you want to try that doesn't need line-of sight?))

Turn Order

Varsk
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen
Mehriv <----
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16079
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:29 pm

(How close is the house to her? I would rather not provoke any attacks but if the house is close enough she may run for it so her allies can hurt it as well)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm

((You're in melee range, so running would provoke an AOO... Let me check on the house...

EDIT: So the house is around 60 - 90 feet away, depending on which part you're trying to reach, but Gwen would know there's a bunch of lizardfolk charging around it at the front and doesn't know where Syli is exactly (it's been a few rounds since you had visual contact with each other to know if she's still on the roof or somewhere else). As far as she knows, all her other allies are still inside))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12101
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:03 pm

((Hmm... I think Sleep is the only spell I can use that doesn't need LoS, but in this situation it's not too helpful; It'd put some of the lizards to sleep, then the ones it didn't affect would wake them before we could do anything.))

Mehr speaks in a low voice, trying to remain unheard by the kobolds, "They're surrounding the house. Elder, I suggest you stay low." Just keep readying a Fire Bolt.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16079
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:41 pm

(okay not provoking then)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Mehriv readies firebolt again, and waits. The door shakes in it's frame as more lizardfolk join the attempts to enter and cracks begin to appear in the doorframe. The window at the front also shakes in it's frame, but the barricade holds for now.

Varsk is up.

--------------------------

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:56 pm

Korrik had gotten used to the dark while smuggling things in the holds of ships, but the shadows here feel a bit more ominous. During the trip he would have been trying to remain calm and grow more accustomed to the way the shadows fill these subterranean tunnels.

When they arrive with the others, he'll give Artho an empathetic pat and quietly offer him some water if he hasn't already got some.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:22 pm

Artho accepts it gratefully and rinses his mouth out before swallowing a bit more. He still looks pretty terrible, but it's hard to say if it's just the strange luminescence around them all or not.

Strangely, as ominous as the shadows feel to Korrik, there's also something alluring about them that keeps pulling his attentions back to the darker corners and tunnels as they walk, constantly nagging at the edge of his mind. Occasionally, he feels like he can make out the shape of the walls in the darkness in his periphery, but when he turns to look closer, there's nothing but blackness.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2947

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:30 am

Readied poisoned crossbow bolt to the first thing busting in.

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7065
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:09 am

(I didn't remember seeing anything about a waterproof bag. Oh well.

But am I supposed to understand who needs healing and why? Brain is really fuzzy.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:27 am

((I think they have someone that needs healing they haven't told you about yet? Either that or Artho?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:29 am

((no, they haven't told you who it is, and Artho is fine. Just made a minor fail on a CON save is all :) ))

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7065
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:24 pm

"Yes, I healed my companion. A minor spell. Enough to bring him back from the brink of death, but it will take much more for him to heal fully. If you have someone in need of aid, I'll see what I can do. But I warn you, it won't be much. I had to use most of the healing power Pelor granted me because your enthusiastic warriors all but killed my friends bringing us here."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply