The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2014

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Syli Perception (+5): 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:17 am

"Kal, in case they can hear us, can you explain things to them, and offer our help and ask for theirs and stuff... Before they decide that we should be in the water with them?", Korrik whispers in a hurried voice.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:51 am

((Syli still has advantage on her skill checks))

Kal nods and does as Korrik suggests, explaining their intentions as best as he can in case someone can hear. There is no immediate reaction...

((Any other actions? If not, I'll move you on shortly))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:38 am

((I'm waiting to see what develops, not going to make aggressive actions like drawing darts or the like.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:10 am

Merric will look down into the water. If he see's the injured lizardfolk he'll send a message to him.

"Bring them up to greet the friendly strangers no harm will come to you unprovoked if you lead them to the tree! They'll help afterwards!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2014

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Syli Forgotten Advantage (+5): 21

((Much better))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:52 am

((Merric, I'll take a nature check please))

--------------------------

Syli spots the trhee lizardfolk making a run for the house, one carrying the lantern. But... there's something left behind in the shadows. She can't quite make out how many there are, but there's definitely at least one or two smaller creatures in the trees. They could be kobolds from their size, but it's too dark to tell. Either way, there's more out there than just lizardfolk...

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2014

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Syli looks eastward for a few moments, but then turns her attention back to the shed. She didn't know if Gwen was still trying to set the shed on fire, but the lizards were still the closest threat; nocking the last poisoned arrow, she took aim at the doorway, drawing the bowstring back as she tensed, waiting for them to try and rush out; there'd be an arrow ready to greet them when they did.

Syli
--Readied Action: Shoot the first figure that appears from the shed: 20 to-hit, 6 piercing damage, 5 poison damage [DC15 Con Negates]

((Can't do anything about the other two groups right now, so right now I'm trying to keep the shed group pinned down.))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

He knows an average amount

Merric nature: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Merric peers through the water at the lizardfolk. They all look pretty similar to the guide, especially through the murk and glinting sunlight so he sends his message. The target startles and shakes its head before the pair swim hurriedly away from your boat and out of sight.

--------------

Syli turns her attention back to the shed as the first amber glow begins to catch inside it, silhouetting the dark figures in the doorway. She fires straight and hits her target! A panicked yell can just be heard from the direction of the shed as the other group of lizardfolk also begin their charge towards the house. Syli can see another two lizardfolk reach the edge of the trees with the second lantern.

By the shed, Gwen sees the two remaining lizardfolk begin to move towards her position, moving cautiously and slowly as they move to flank her, at least as best as the light of their lantern will allow. The one without the lantern holds a javelin at the ready, but doesn't throw it yet.

Inside the hut, Valemgadro curses at the coin and throws it away.

"Stupid thing. Keep your secrets then!"

Vaceran turns to the others:
"A horn! and... maybe a shout? They are here!"


Turn Order
Varsk
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen <----
Mehriv
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:53 am

"They are. In this darkness, though, only those with darkvision will be able to take part until the struggle draws near enough to the hut to see. The best I may do would be enchant one of your arrows with a light, but the foes will quickly move away from that light."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:55 am

"It might help. Can you light up the feathers or the shaft maybe? It might not work for long, but it might buy us a little time... I'd have to go outside to do it unless you are willing to unblock a window?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3482

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 am

"Sit down and wait. Whatever's happenin' out there is comin' here."

Varsk is distractedly concerned that Valemgadro has decided not to keep 'attuning' the coin.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:00 am

"Merric, did you ask that nice lizard man if you could be inside him? We've told you time and again, that just creeps people out!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 am

"No, although swimming under water like that could be fun!"

Merric will wait and see what happens.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:51 am

((nudge! Gwen's up))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:36 am

Gwen shoots a blast at the hexed lizardfolk, but her shot goes wide as they move towards her (any movement?).

((Mehriv is up))

The remaining lizardfolk will also begin to approach with the lanterns, and then Varsk is up.

Turn Order
Varsk
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen
Mehriv. <-----
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3482

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:42 am

Varsk is just going to keep that readied crossbow shot on the door should it come up.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Gwen moves away from them, edging more twoards the house.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12327
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Mehr's still just keeping ready to shoot any lizards that come in.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Gwen backs away from the approaching group, putting about 40 feet between her and them again. The group inside continue to wait for something to come, but the house stays fairly quiet for now.

Syli is up.

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2014

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:30 am

Syli fires another arrow at the closest lizardfolk.

Shortbow (+5): 21 to-hit, 6 damage piercing

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Druid Group

The shadow in the doorway of the hut staggers back and falls as another arrow thuds hard into it. With a whoosh, the flames inside the hut suddenly find purchase despite the rain, and the creature inside cries out in terror as the little hut bursts alight around it.
((The area within 30 feet of the hut is now bright light; dim light extends to 60 feet))

At the shed, the two remaining lizardfolk charge to meet Gwen, sprinting to reach her as they draw their weapons and cast their lantern to one side... ((They are now both in melee range of you, but had to dash to close the distance)).

Inside the house:
► Show Spoiler
Syli:
► Show Spoiler
Map:
► Show Spoiler
Turn Order
Varsk
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen <----
Mehriv
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

After a few moments, a lizardfolk head silently breaks the surface next to the boat. It is joined by another and another and another. Now that they are together, you are able to recognise your guide by a unique teal patterning over its snout. The others have similarly unique markings over their faces, all of which seem to be natural variations in their skin markings.

It speaks again in draconic ((Kal only)):
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:01 pm

((PS Since Wears is likely recovering from Thanksgiving, let's assume Kal has translated for the lizard group))

Post Reply