The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nioca
Floods your Ears

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:41 am

Syli seems to relax a little bit at this, her totem finding its way back to her belt, although she immediately starts wracking her brain trying to remember old lessons of druidic laws, rules, and practices.

Syli Religion (+1): 11

...in hindsight, she should've been paying attention to more of the boring stuff in her training.

Nevertheless, she presses onward. "And I thank you for the hospitality. However, I suspect you already know that we didn't come here for just sanctuary; we were hoping that you and yours would be able to help us with regards to the lizardfolk and their recent... behavior."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Varsk watches Syli go to talk to what was seemingly tree and then tree turning in a guy that looks like he'd just woken up from a hard night of drinking.

He tenses and sidles closer to Mehr and mutters,

"Is any of this normal?"

He keeps his eye on the deer though, cus you never know with druids... but they could the trees too like the new guy. He decides he should just be ready for something trying to jump him.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:56 pm

"He's a friend, he speaks your tongue so you can easily talk with him and we can discuss this properly."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Mehr laughs at Varsk's question, "What is normal, friend? Traveling, you will find more that seems strange than not, so it is best to just accept it."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Oh, sorry. I'd meant to say Kal stepped forward when he spoke. He'll do so now.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:53 am

((Kal's in the tree still though- is he climbing down to join the others?))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 pm

He's staying where he can see the lizard and get a clear shot if things go south. Hoping diplomacy works, staying on guard in case it doesn't. He's a trusting soul, but this guy already fired the first shot.

So: Up in the tree, but visible.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Lizard Group
Korrik steps out of the undergrowth and Artho follows his lead. Kal shows himself in the tree, but keeps his bow in hand in case the situation goes bad.

The lizardfolk pauses for a moment and keeps his fist closed tightly around whatever it was he was playing with before, then tosses his bow over.

"No fight. Come out."

Moving cautiously, and more than a little slowly, he begins to climb down the trunk of the tree, using his claws to grip the bark.

On reaching the ground, he simply stops, watching you all.

"What you say?"

------------------------------------------------

Druid Group

Syli is slightly surprised by the rules requirement. Her old tutor simply told her not to abuse the powers she had been given, and to never to take more than she needed from anyone. She hopes the laws here are as simple.

"And I thank you for the hospitality. However, I suspect you already know that we didn't come here for just sanctuary; we were hoping that you and yours would be able to help us with regards to the lizardfolk and their recent... behavior."

"I have no idea why you are here, only that you were invited and you came. No-one reaches this place by accident.

What behaviour do you speak of?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 02, 2018 1:08 am

((Guessing the Druid group conversation is still in druidic?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 02, 2018 4:52 am

((they're in the trees a little way away, but the flutist is still in the clearing. As far as I know, only still approached the big guy in the trees) (

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 02, 2018 6:03 am

((I was mostly wondering if Varsk understood the conversation Syli was having, though he probably can't hear it over the music. Also to move the party along a bit if we are hanging on Syli's response.))

After waiting a bit for the dancing to stop Varsk will call out to Gwen,

"Can you ask your new dance partner what the deal here is and who's in charge?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 02, 2018 6:36 am

"Who is this god that they others are... changing themselves for?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed May 02, 2018 12:21 pm

((Hmm... is it safe to assume that Mehriv filled our group in on the dragonblood discovery and what he learned from Artho?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Gwen utters a soft sigh, not letting Varsk get under her skin. She looks at the flutist. "Hello Sir bard, my name is Gwen and these are my traveling companions, whom might you be? May we speak to you leader?"

Persuade: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

...Bollocks.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 pm

((Kiss him quick before your complete lack of charisma gets us killed! :D ))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Mehr rolls his eyes, "I believe Druids often hold councils, rather than having a leader. If they do that much."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 03, 2018 1:25 am

Kal climbs back down and addresses the lizard in Draconic. "I am Kal. What's your name? And what can you tell us of the false god and his worshipers?"

He'll also keep an eye on the lizard's hand to see if he can spot what's in it, and to be ready for any sudden moves or signs of magic.

Make what rolls you need. I wrecked.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 05, 2018 6:51 am

Druid Group

Gwen waits for a pause in the music and then greets the flutist very formally.

"Hello Sir bard, my name is Gwen and these are my traveling companions, whom might you be? May we speak to you leader?"

The young man (who appears to be a gnome) snorts and bursts into peals of infectious laughter, as if this might just be the funniest thing anyone's ever said to him. She doesn't get a coherent reply.

The large man next to Syli chuckles at the flutist's amusement.

--------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

((I'm assuming Kal is now translating for the group for easiness))

After the initial surprise at being addressed in his own language, the lizardfolk seems to relax somewhat.

"My name is not important." He growls softly. "There are things outsiders do not know. Things they should not know. But an outsider came to my people and knew... things he should not. Our elders accepted him, so we all must accept him. But... it feels wrong. It is not our way. He says the sleeping god will grant its power to the strong. Those who surrender to it will be gifted and the weak will die. They demand sacrifices to the god, and so we bring softskins. But it is dangerous. We have lost many in the raids, and we lose more to the sleeping god's touch. You say you have seen this? My people marked with the black scales?"

Perception: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

While the lizardfolk is talking, Kal catches a glimpse of the item in his hand. It looks like a small toy, or statuette carved from something pale like bone. It looks a little like a crocodile or some other sort of toothy reptile.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 05, 2018 7:03 am

"Yeah, they had gross scales! They seemed sick."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 05, 2018 7:11 am

The warrior scowls as Kal translates.

"It is a poor way to die. The elders believe this god will save us. I am afraid it will destroy us."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 05, 2018 9:00 am

Mehr decides he's waited long enough, and approaches the druid Syli has been speaking to, "My greetings, friend. My companion may already have told you of this, but we have need to request help of any who will listen. There has recently been violence between the city folk and at least one local group of lizardmen, which is our cause for being here. I am sure under normal circumstances this would be of no concern to you or your kin, but of what I have seen since arriving here, there are ill tidings. Murmurings of a new object of worship, and lizardmen who bear diseased flesh, seemingly taken from another and planted into themselves. I do not claim great knowledge of what this entails for the balance of things - be it the spiritual changes for a new focus of worship or the physical of what seems to be disease willingly spread, but I do worry."

Persuasion: 1d20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Hopefully careful wording can counterbalance poor rolling. >.>
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 05, 2018 11:59 am

((Would Varsk following behind and nodding, sternly in confirmation to what Mehr says count as 'helping' with the persuasion roll? Cus Varsk would be doing that rather than hanging out with Gwen and her new buddy.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Gwen blushes slightly at him laughing at her. She laughs along with him, trying to brush it off as a joke. She moves her hair behind her ear. "Since you are not giving me a name, perhaps I shall call you Sir Bard until I get one since you seem to like it." She teases him slightly, secretly hoping to get information.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:35 am

"So do you know where they keep this false god? Proving it false would undoubtedly return things to normal."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue May 08, 2018 11:21 am

Syli pauses as Mehriv introduces himself, then asks the druid in Druidic, "Do you speak common, or do I need to translate?"