The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 pm

"Wait up, for Kal get himsel lost." Gwen does not move from her position but instead makes a minor illusion of a slightly smaller version of herself as Kal hears a voice in his head. [We can't have you being lost so soon! Follow my illusion!] Gwen has her illusion meet back with the group.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14897

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:41 pm

I would like to assist Mehriv in picking a likely person out of the crowd to speak too, if that works, would you like a roll from me, or advantage to him?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:46 pm

((Let's keep to strict-ish rules while we learn the system :) ))

If you're using the Help action, Mehriv gets advantage on the roll (i.e. he can roll again and use the higher of the two perception checks).

If you want to find your own person to bother, go ahead and make separate Perception and CHA check of your choice (diplomacy / intimidation). I've also just edited the update, but your 17 perception is enough to notice Kal getting lost too.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"Wait up, for Kal get himsel lost." Gwen does not move from her position but instead makes a minor illusion of a slightly smaller version of herself as Kal hears a voice in his head. [We can't have you being lost so soon! Follow my illusion!] Gwen has her illusion meet back with the group.
Ok, I guess you're using Minor Illusion and Awakened Mind (thanks to a helpful PM from spider!). AM only works on a character you can see, and Kal is currently up a different street (out of sight).

Also, AM doesn't seem to be on your character sheet...

In future, if you could (all) state exactly what spells / abilities you're using to try and do a thing it'll save me a ton of time :) Thanks :D

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14897

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 pm

((Gotcha. I'll do the latter.))

I look about for a human child, they seem to generally be more open than the adults. Not seeing any nearby, I sit back and let Mehriv do the talking.

((Fat lot of good that did me. :P ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11664
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Also, AM doesn't seem to be on your character sheet...
Is there actually anywhere on the sheet to add feats? I don't see anywhere.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Ah....Okay then....Time to hunt down Kal then.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14897

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:28 pm

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nioca
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1998

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:41 pm

"Wha- how did- I only turned away for a second!" Syli complained as it came to her attention that Kal was missing. With a sigh, she turned to Gwen. "Did you see which street she turned down?"

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7005
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 pm

Kal doubles back, heading to where he last saw the others. He puts everything else out of his mind to scan the crowd for anyone from the group.

Perception: 20+1=21
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by LAYF » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 am

Darr├╝k puzzles to himself, wondering why a coast city imports fish... or why people eat fish in the first place.. not that it matters much...
Taking his time to continue this train of thought, he starts wondering who receives the goods then, if there may be a market for his talents, in any down time between artifact retrieval. so he starts to take note to as what races and if possible what level of citizenship (common, servant, middle class ect.) and more important, job.
► Show Spoiler
Perception: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Insigth: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
Oh damn... ah well...
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:16 am

"Yes, down this way!" When Gwen sees Kal she uses awakened mind. [There you are! We don't want you to get lost, I'll point the way!] Gwen makes a minor illusion above herself saying "Party for Kal" with an arrow pointing down.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 am

All right, burns give me a perception check please to see if you spot Kal.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am

Per: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4
"Aw kitties! Mew mew mew!" Gwen bends down to pet the cats.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:56 am

Gwen calls on the others to wait and goes back to find the missing Kal, but is almost immediately distracted by an adorable stray cat. Fortunately, Kal is now fully focused on rejoining his group and manages to spot her quickly enough through a gap in the the crowd.

Meanwhile, Korrik and Mehriv are looking for directions. Korrik spots a couple of children to ask, but they are quickly whisked away from him by their concerned-looking parents. Mehriv casts around for anyone who seems to know where they're going, and stops a passing worker.

"Pardon me, good madam, I find myself in need to locate the Dancing Minstrel Inn. It would be appreciated if you could see fit to provide directions."

The woman startles at the interruption, but seems flattered at being spoken to so politely by someone so important-looking.

"Oh! Well, begging your pardon sir, but I'm just a sailor passing through town myself and I've not heard of that one. I keep mostly to the docks you see. The common quarter's got a market square up ahead though and I know there's a few places to stay near that. Just follow the main dock down a bit further until you get to the cobblestones, then head south for half a mile or so. It'll be It's a bit of a walk from here, but you should find it easily enough. It's... not the best part of town though, sir. If it's the Merchant's Quarter you're after, you want to cross the river. Ferry's up there."

She waves a hand eastwards, pointing further upriver.

Can't miss it. Big hairy fella runs the boat up there, you'd have to be blind not to spot him! Now, I'm afraid I've kept my Captain waiting too long already. 'Scuse me!

With that, the sailor hurries onwards again.

Darruk ponders why in the world anyone would need or want such a variety of fish, and decides that it is probably just one of life's unfathomable questions. Looking around, he notices that most of the goods are being carted to the dockside warehouses or onto what look like river barges. If anything is being transported directly to town, he can't see it from here. Turning his attention to the crowds of people, he notes that the crowd seems to be mostly full of humans, but if there's some kind of social ordering to the folk in the crowd, he can't tell what it is.

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7005
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:00 am

Kal makes his way over to where he saw Gwen.

(Do I need a roll? What would it even be? Apply Survival, under the justification that it includes sense of direction?)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:07 am

Oh no, you're fine and don't need a new roll - you're back with the group now. Your perception 20 was enough to spot them all again and you can catch up while they're talking :)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14897

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 am

"So there's a Market Square down in the Common Quarter... think they've another Market Square up with the Merchants too? Maybe we should ask someone else...", turning to Gwen and Kal as they amble over, I pipe up, "Ah, Gwen! I see you've collected our country boy, mind seeing if there's a nice man about that can help point us to the Dancing Minstrel Inn?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:14 pm

"Of course not!" Gwen looks around for a man that seems to know his way around the city. "Excuse me but I am quite lost, I cannot seem to find my way through town, can you escort me to the Dancing Minstel Inn?"
Insight; deception: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6
1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:35 pm

I think Persuasion is more appropriate here since you're just asking for directions. That would be a +4 modifer giving you 7 on the check.

Gwen casts around and approaches two men who are laughing with someone on one of the boats.

"Of course not! Excuse me but I am quite lost, I cannot seem to find my way through town, can you escort me to the Dancing Minstel Inn?
"Do I look like a tour guide to you? Piss off!"
Now don't be too hasty Py! If the lady's looking for a dance, I'm sure we'd make MUCH better partners than some poncy minstrel!"

He makes a crude gesture towards Gwen, and the men burst into gales of laughter.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14897

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Ah, shit...

I step forward, angling my quarterstaff casually in their direction as I step between them and Gwen. "Now then. That's no way to talk to the lady. I'm only intervening so she doesn't mop the docks with the pair of you."
I flash them a winning smile.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Gwen gives the guy a sharp look. "So you think that I am nothing more than an object of your crude fantasies?! No I am your worst nightmare."
Intimidate: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14399
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Resist Intimidate: 1D20 = [4] = 4

The man's laugh fades from his face.

"Yeah ok love, we was on'y havin' a laugh. No need to take it so serious like."

The two men scowl and walk away towards the riverboats, leaving the third man alone on the boat.

"Ah well, I guess that's my break over then. Don't take 'em too serious lady, but you want to not go pushing too many folk too hard around here. The guards don' take too kindly to that kind of thing, and they're not the worst folk to rub wrong round here. Your inn's up in the common quarter. Head to the square and you'll find it easy."
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15336
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 pm

"Thier 'joking' was rather crude and should not be directed at anyone. Anyways thank you. I shall be going."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14897

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 pm

"Thanks friend! Have a splendid day!", I turn to the rest of the group and shrug with a grin, gesturing up the way. "Shall we then? Follow the dock til we get to cobblestones, head south a half mile."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply