The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:32 pm

(Updated Gwen's health.)

Mehr will shoot a Ray of Frost at the lizard engaging Kal, lacking the power to use any more of his stronger spells.
Okay, that target's dead now, so I guess... The only target I can actually reach is if Mehr moves one space south-west, one space west, and then shoots at the archer directly to his west, next to Varsk.

Difficult terrain means disadvantage on the accuracy, right? Okay, let's see if I remember the rolls correctly.

RoF to-hit: 2d20.Low(1)+2+Cha(3)=[8,10] = 8+2+3 = 13
Kinda doubt that's a hit, but just in case, damage: 1d8=5
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Dlover wrote:Difficult terrain means disadvantage on the accuracy, right?
((Shouldn't be! Though doesn't matter as your first roll was your low one...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:42 pm

((Spider's right - they get an AC bonus from being in cover, but difficult terrain just screws with your movement. There's no penalty to accuracy because of it. Still not a hit though :) ))

Mehriv fires his Ray of Frost at the archer to the west, but the blast misses.

((Merric is up))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Merric shoots at the most injured lizardman in sight or a random one to the north.

Merric eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
Eldritch blast damage: 1D10 = [5] = 5
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm

The archer Merric shot before is still prone after being woken up, so Merric shoots the archer next to him instead, doing a decent chunk of damage.

The group to the NW bellow in anger as their largest warrior is brought down. The westernmost javelin-thrower steps forward, and hurls his javelin at Kal, just getting under his shield and hitting him hard [Updated Kal's HP for you].
One of the archers shouts in alarm and retreats slightly deeper into the wood, raising his bow to fire at the halfling who just killed their fighter in a most dishonourable fashion, but he's too busy backtracking to aim properly...
The sleeping archer gets to his feet and shoots at Merric because that halfling has so far ruined a good chunk of the last few seconds of his life. His buddy next to him returns fire at Merric to repay the Eldritch Blast. Neither of them hit.
...The javelin guy who stabs him in the back, though? He hits. Hard. [Merric's HP has also been updated]
► Show Spoiler
---------------------------------------------------------

Korrik
Mehriv
Merric
Lizardfolk (NW group)
Varsk <-----
Kal
Syli
Gwen
Lizardfolk (west group)
Human woman

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Kal uses Lay on Hands to restore 5hp as he backs towards the main group (two squares South) and into the cover of the trees to catch a breath before re-engaging next turn.

"If we regroup, we can watch out for each other and I can bless us."
Last edited by WearsHats on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bless
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Syli keeps creeping forward (1SW). Poking her head up just long enough to see the lizards moving to flank, she mutters an incantation under her breath and motions with her totem. Without warning, plants suddenly spring up from the ground underneath the feet of the lizard folk, grasping at them and attempting to root them in place.

Syli
--Crawl: 5ft (1step) SW
--Entangle (DC13 STRSave): All targets are restrained until spell ends (Save Negates). DC13 STR-Check action on their turn can be made to break free.
----Targeting: If the 20ft square can be misaligned with the grid*, target the southern javelineers and southmost archer. Otherwise, target the southmost archer and the javelineer closest to him/her.
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 am

((Sigh...the turn I don't use a readied attack and the lizard Archer moves into melee))

Varsk bursts from the underbrush swinging at the completely unaware lizard archer.

Rolls from before:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 am

Syli: There's nothing in the rules that say one way or another, but having the spell automatically maintain stealth seems potentially problematic. It's got a vocal and somatic component to it though, so why not roll a sleight of hand and deception check (both with advantage since your starting well hidden) and we'll see how it goes. If you beat their passive perception score, you're good.

I think a 20 foot square only gets you 2 folk tho.

Edit: NVM, it gets you 3 :) ))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:15 am

There is a metamagic you can get to sneakily cast spells, it would make sorc worse off it we can do it without it.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:20 am

On one hand, I appreciate the advantage. On the other hand, unfortunately, me rolling with advantage automatically dooms it to failure.

--Sleight of Hand (+5): CRIT-FAIL
--Deception (+0): 9

Like so.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Varsk bursts out of the undergrowth, maul first, scaring the shit out of the archer he's standing next to and landing an impressive blow while he's at it.

Kal uses the moment to catch his breath and heal himself [applied to your sheet], commenting that:

"If we regroup, we can watch out for each other and I can bless us."

Syli tries to cast Entangle without anyone noticing, but she gets a little over-exuberant with her hand gestures and flails wildly enough that the western group definitely spot her.
The middle javelin-thrower gets caught tightly in the strange tangle of vines that suddenly appears around his legs, but the archer and the larger of the two javelin-throwers burst free as if the vines were merely weeds.

Gwen is up

Korrik
Mehriv
Merric
Lizardfolk (NW group)
Varsk
Kal
Syli
Gwen <-----
Lizardfolk (west group)
Human woman

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Gwen tries to eldrich blast a wounded lizardman and the goes back to cover.
Eldrich blast : 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D10 = [7] = 7

...Of course. Of course.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:43 pm

So Gwen has clear shots on the NW archer and javelin thrower (both uninjured). To get a clear shot on the injured archer, she'd have to move 15 feet west, which would be her full movement. What do you prefer?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Uninjured archer then. I don't want to break cover.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Gwen shoots at the archer she can see, and misses.

The archer next to Varsk disengages and all but throws himself down the scarp to get away from the hulking brute of a half-orc who somehow appeared out of nowhere. The archer to the west of him hops a little more gracefully down the scarp, but is apparently surprised enough by Varsk's arrival that he forgets how to use a bow.
The javelin-thrower tries to free himself from the tangled vines, but can't break himself free. His buddy moves to help though, managing to drag him clear of the spell and giving him a shove of encouragement towards the cover at the base of the tower.
The human woman sprints eastwards towards the ruined tower.
► Show Spoiler

Korrik <-----
Mehriv
Merric
Lizardfolk (NW group)
Varsk
Kal
Syli
Gwen
Lizardfolk (west group)
Human woman
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

(Kal was also going to duck into the wooded area just to the south of him to get some cover. I don't know if it makes much difference. He'll likely step back out next turn anyway. Thanks for handling the HP.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm

((Damn! I had you moved, but then had to go back and add the entangle square and you and Syli must have got reverted. I'll update now!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm

When Mehr's turn rolls around he'll move south three spaces and shoot a Ray of Frost at the archer Varsk had attacked.

RoF to-hit: 17
Damage: 5
And its movement is reduced by 10' until my next turn.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I'll move up to engage the lizard that is near Merric, swinging with my staff...

Staff: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
Staff: 1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9

...before thrusting a kick at his midsection.

Unarmed: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
Unarmed: 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Korrik counter-attacks the lizardfolk warrior who attacked Merric cracking him hard with his staff and landing a powerful kick to his stomach. Korrik feels ribs crack under his kick as he spins and lands back on his feet. The lizardman spits blood out on the ground and grimaces as he draws a machete-like sword from his belt.

Mehriv shifts his position to the south and shoots a Ray of Frost at the archer Varsk startled out of the trees, killing him outright.

Merric is up

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:36 am

Merric will endure the pain, the true god demands it of him to go to strawno! He'll turn around with a wicked smile to lizardfolk and send a few thoughts to him before sending off an eldritch blast. Then he'll run twice to the south east as he was supposed to do earlier, hoping the lizardfolk will mistake Korrik for being him.

"The true god will enjoy getting your soul now!"

Merric eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
Eldritch blast damage: 1D10 = [7] = 7
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 am

► Show Spoiler
Varsk will move diagonally SW two squares before pulling out his borrowed crossbow and sighting down the nearest javelin lizardfolk and letting fly...missing badly.

Roll:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 am

Merric turns and blasts the javelin-thrower, easily finishing him off as he yells threats, then runs to the SE into the cover of the trees.

The remaining javelin-thrower moves to the edge of the forest, bringing himself in range of Gwen and hurls his javelin at her. but it sails way over her head and lands harmlessly in the swamp behind.
The archer in the NW targets Gwen as well, but is just as crap at this and the arrow flies well wide.

The two archers in the north attack Kal. The first shot bounces off his armor, but the second finds a gap through both his armor and the trees, doing 4 damage. [sheet updated]
Varsk moves SW and lets fly with a crossbow bolt. But, he must not be used to the mechanism yet because his shot is well off-target.

Korrik
Mehriv
Merric
Lizardfolk (NW group)
Varsk
Kal <-----
Syli
Gwen
Lizardfolk (west group)
Human woman

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:47 am

((Realizing I did a bad job describing how I intended to move, and then never clicked submit on my post attack move... :roll: Ah well, that's on me I guess, I'll have to make sure next time!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler